Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 01:37 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: mywifesquad
MWQ, good thing you gave that beast a tune up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Might need the power to get yourself away from them fires on the west side[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
No foolin!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I was wondering why Ive been sort of coughing for the last few days.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] and they closed Frank Raines too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
I've been noticing a large amount of fires around town this year. Had one up north close to lake that had smoke running along the hills forever. Haven't seen the news, where's everything burning at? Along the I-5 corridor? No clue where Frank Raines is. Just know its up there somewhere (always thought it was east of 99...guess not.)
Frank Raines is 17 mile west of I-5/Patterson. If you've gone past Sperry and I-5 you've passed the exit to the park and to Diablo Grande, which where this fire is threatening[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] We had ash in town today and we're about 30 miles away[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Guess I missed the sign the few times I've been up the 5 that way. Usually I was hauling @ss to get up to Tracy because they needed something up there. Or I saw the sign, but have since forgotten in my feeble old age.

Yea, at mach 1 you can miss it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] If you remember where Casa Grande is in the middle of nowhere[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Then that's the turn off. Right now you can tell by the burned mountain sides[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Up in Diable crews have actually stopped working to conserve water in case the fire turns towards the house[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Right now, the the fire is burning around Diablo Grande and one ridge away from eating up hundreds of expensive homes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] One of our crews took pictures today and it looked like something from mars with the red/orange haze blocking the sun.

Old 07-13-2006, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

You guys keep your fires down there in the valley.. k?
we dont need any of that hassle up here. hahah

Old 07-13-2006, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

Oh yeah i can see smoke through our little view of the valley too.

ewww

Old 07-13-2006, 08:20 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally posted by: powerstroke01

ewww
The smoke cover has moved south of us now and its about 20 degrees hotter than yesterday. Yesterday it looked sort of evil in the sky.

Old 07-14-2006, 02:03 AM
Quad Patrol

Heck, with the fire in San Bernadino going and this one, I give it a week and you will be surrounded[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Just kidding!! it is getting nasty up here. Fire grew by over 8,000 acres over night last night[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2006, 02:04 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mywifesquad

ewww
The smoke cover has moved south of us now and its about 20 degrees hotter than yesterday. Yesterday it looked sort of evil in the sky.
News showed a satellite picture of it from 22,000 miles up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] the smoke was getting blown all the way to Nevada[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Maybe they will sue us over their smog problems now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2006, 02:51 AM
Pro Rider

Heck, with the fire in San Bernadino going and this one, I give it a week and you will be surrounded[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Just kidding!! it is getting nasty up here. Fire grew by over 8,000 acres over night last night[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
*cough* *cough*

Well. I imagine with our property the way it is itd be a pretty safe place if we did have some fires up here. And ive been told to just STAY PUT. Since were surrounded by feilds.. *shrugs* Got the horses to think about as well.
And theres plenty of escape routes..

But, this stuff does burn quick..

Old 07-14-2006, 03:16 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Well, it should be clear over in Salinas/Marina/Monterey where I'm headed tomorrow and Sat. Going over through Coalinga to pick up my bro in Gonzales, then coming back the "normal" way 156/152 so I guess I'll see it pretty good on Sat. But it might be dark by that time though. Hard to say. Leaving Marina about 5:30 or so.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-18-2006, 02:14 AM
Quad Patrol

Well, it should be clear over in Salinas/Marina/Monterey where I'm headed tomorrow and Sat. Going over through Coalinga to pick up my bro in Gonzales, then coming back the "normal" way 156/152 so I guess I'll see it pretty good on Sat. But it might be dark by that time though. Hard to say. Leaving Marina about 5:30 or so.
I went to Pebble Beach yesterday with a friend to drop off his 5th wheel for a huge horse show at the equestrian compound there. While hauling this behemoth 5th wheel, I got to see how well the Banks six gun PDA worked[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Pretty sweet, especially when it started sounding when the oil temp hit 225 degrees[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] After all it was 100 out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] after looking at the situation and his alarm being set a little too conservative[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] we up the alarm to 245 and watch the temp. It didn't get over 236 and that was going up the long grade on Hwy 152 over Pacheco Pass. EGR stayed around 1300. What's funny was, when we hit 64 degrees in Monterey, the EGR dropped to around 250 degrees[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I can definately see the importance of watching your temps[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] especially towing these bigger units on a very hot day. On the down side, his mpg were around 6-8[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] but of course, if you can afford the big behemoth rigs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] you should be able to afford the fuel to take them places[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] If not, no sympathy from me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-18-2006, 12:41 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I went to Pebble Beach yesterday with a friend to drop off his 5th wheel for a huge horse show at the equestrian compound there. While hauling this behemoth 5th wheel, I got to see how well the Banks six gun PDA worked[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Pretty sweet, especially when it started sounding when the oil temp hit 225 degrees[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] After all it was 100 out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] after looking at the situation and his alarm being set a little too conservative[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] we up the alarm to 245 and watch the temp. It didn't get over 236 and that was going up the long grade on Hwy 152 over Pacheco Pass. EGR stayed around 1300. What's funny was, when we hit 64 degrees in Monterey, the EGR dropped to around 250 degrees[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I can definately see the importance of watching your temps[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] especially towing these bigger units on a very hot day. On the down side, his mpg were around 6-8[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] but of course, if you can afford the big behemoth rigs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] you should be able to afford the fuel to take them places[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] If not, no sympathy from me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
We rented an '05 Taurus and I was really disappointed with the mileage. 22.5 or so. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Though I did see 99.9 briefly on the way back coming down Pacheco by San Luis Res. (80MPH in OD w/o cruise.) Not that I would ever speed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Went through Pacheco both times. It was shorter that way since I was picking up a friend in Madera, than going the other way I had planned.

Game kinda blew. Oh well. We played 2, waited for the raffle and then bailed.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel