Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

I wish that link on air filters was a little more detailed [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] j/k

Old 10-26-2006, 04:11 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Originally posted by: rescuediver
Finally got our trailer and towed it with the PSD back to where we store it, found out 4 inches between the bottom of the trailer and top of the bed rails is not enough[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Now I am looking for taller arms for the 5th wheel hitch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] either that, or I have to have some custom fabrication done to get 6+inches between the two vehicles[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] so I don't mess up my bed.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] every truck at the ranch has a bent tailgate and worn out diamond plating on the rails from the trailer rubbing.. the new flat bed has a mile of clearance though. with the hay on it in my pictures. Throw a lift on the trailer. or flip the axles to the other side of the springs.
Axles already been flipped, getting a 3" lift to it. Don't need or want anymore dents in the truck. Just paid $$$ to get the last of them out of it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
yeah dents suck.. You need to replace your bed with one of them low side fifth wheel boxs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] common on the centurions.
That was one of my plans, but time isn't on my side to get that done[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Would like to do a exoskeleton look to it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
Originally posted by: Trasher

Now, after that and getting the trailer, I need Trasher's $$$ to go play[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL!

Trust me on this one- Trasher doesn't have any more $$$$. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Being off work for so long and having to get things done around the house has left me without funds big time. Working 2 jobs now just to get back on track. My oldest will be starting college, christmas, life, etc..................(golf) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
That suxs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] I under all the reasons you mentioned[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] that's one of the main reasons why we decided to get this used toy hauler, oldest daughter would like to go to Cal Poly for college[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Now there is some $$$ out of my pocket!

Cal Poly is where he's going [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][/quote]

That's cool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] I have a nephew in his sophmore year there right now. He joins us at Pismo over Thanksgiving.

Old 10-26-2006, 04:15 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
[i]Originally posted by: rescuediver
I once had hours like that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I try every few weeks or so to talk my manager into those type of hours[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] However, he just laughs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I think more would get done by working us 10 hours a day, 4 days a week[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

We just finished a job for our bakersfield office, 4 of us finished a job that was 2 months behind in just over 2 weeks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Even worked 7 hours Sunday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Well there should be some decent OT @ 2x for that Sunday, most likely.

I take it you're not going to make a Hollister appearance this weekend? This will only be my 3rd ride since we rode Miami <fat dude flying over handlebars smiley>.
Yea, that double time will be nice[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] However, the enjoyment will be fast[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Just like other things in life[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

No, to much on the plate.

LOL! still wish we had seen it happen[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2006, 04:17 PM
Quad Patrol

Bonus's don't come out until Februarish, so, hopefully it's more than just enough to buy a happy meal[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Xmas for us. We pretty much always get one. It was lean at Xmas last year, but the boss dipped into the credit line I think for ours. About 1/2 the prior year bonus. This year better be a nice bonus. I pretty much did a complete design for one project.[/quote]

This is my first job that has a bonus system, so, I don't know what to expect. I do know my team is kicking butt and deserves a nice fat one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2006, 04:19 PM
Quad Patrol

Finally got our trailer and towed it with the PSD back to where we store it, found out 4 inches between the bottom of the trailer and top of the bed rails is not enough[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Now I am looking for taller arms for the 5th wheel hitch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] either that, or I have to have some custom fabrication done to get 6+inches between the two vehicles[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] so I don't mess up my bed.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] every truck at the ranch has a bent tailgate and worn out diamond plating on the rails from the trailer rubbing.. the new flat bed has a mile of clearance though. with the hay on it in my pictures. Throw a lift on the trailer. or flip the axles to the other side of the springs.
Axles already been flipped, getting a 3" lift to it. Don't need or want anymore dents in the truck. Just paid $$$ to get the last of them out of it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
yeah dents suck.. You need to replace your bed with one of them low side fifth wheel boxs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] common on the centurions.
Gotta watch those in CA. CHP might decide that he needs a motor carrier of property permit, commonly known as a CA Number (because they are "CA ######" on trucks.) And thus he should stop at scales. And I don't think MD wants to be stopping at the scales. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
No I do not!! From the information I have received[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] They are starting to crack down on trucks with modified beds[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] If it doesn't have a regular style truck bed, they are starting to have guys go through the scales[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] That's not a bad thing, but still don't want to deal with it.

Old 10-26-2006, 04:21 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mywifesquad

What time you going to be at the shop on Sat? Maybe I'll try to swing by.
11:00 to 7:00.

I hope I dont get reported to a moderator for advertising.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I don't think any mods visit this place[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Or flip the axles to the other side of the springs.
I want to do this with my travel trailer. Im worried about tearing off the black/grey water lines.
Hhhmmm, I know a few people that have had it done, not one has had a problem with that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2006, 04:33 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: TPR
Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Originally posted by: TPR
Thanks,
My main goals are...

1) Moderate increase in power.
2) Reduced EGT temps.
3) Better sound...more of that turbo whistle.
4) Keep it warranty legal.

Prolly go 4" with a 5" SS tip.

Thought about using an intake box, but after reading several diesel forums, found that the stocker with a K&N works real well and keeps dirt out better.

No programmer either. While I liked the power it made for the 7.3, I got nervous each time I took it in to get the oil line to the turbo replaced...twice. Actually 3 times, but it first happened pre-programmer. Then by bro-in-law bought the truck, had the programmer stolen and had to trade it in instead of keeping it because the warranty would have been void.

TPR
K&N is BAD MOJO!!!!
Unless theyve changed it that things sucks LOTS of dirt..
Really???

My bro-in-law had one installed in the stock airbox and didn't have a problem....if there is another OEM replacement out there that is better than stock and keeps out more dirt than K&N in the stock box, I'm all ears.

TPR

I know people that have K&N on their PSD's and don't have any problems, they run them at Pismo and in their orchards. Just get the outer wear for added protection. I also run K&N on a few of my quads, never had any indication of dirt getting past the filter[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2006, 04:35 PM
Quad Patrol

another thing that pisses me off is this child tax chit.. No breaks for you people with kids. DAMMIT. you chose to have em now pay for them yourself. Im sick of sending them to school [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Hey now, that's another toy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] your taking away[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel