Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: rescuediver
I have to have some custom fabrication done to get 6+inches so I don't mess up my bed.

I'm not going to say a thing here

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2006, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mywifesquad

4 Bilstien shocks
I put a set of those on my F350[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] I like the ride, but still wander a little bit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Probably need to replace an arm or two[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] However, the wife will take an arm or two of mine if I spend anymore money on the PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I finally got her ding fixed last week too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Looks better than new[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You did get an alignment afterwards right? Might need some more caster so it will track straighter

Old 10-24-2006, 04:53 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher

Now, after that and getting the trailer, I need Trasher's $$$ to go play[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL!

Trust me on this one- Trasher doesn't have any more $$$$. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Being off work for so long and having to get things done around the house has left me without funds big time. Working 2 jobs now just to get back on track. My oldest will be starting college, christmas, life, etc..................(golf) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][/quote]

That suxs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] I under all the reasons you mentioned[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] that's one of the main reasons why we decided to get this used toy hauler, oldest daughter would like to go to Cal Poly for college[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Now there is some $$$ out of my pocket!

Old 10-24-2006, 04:54 PM
Quad Patrol

I have to have some custom fabrication done to get 6+inches so I don't mess up my bed.

I'm not going to say a thing here

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
LMFAO!!!!

Now that you put it that way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2006, 04:55 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mywifesquad

4 Bilstien shocks
I put a set of those on my F350[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] I like the ride, but still wander a little bit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Probably need to replace an arm or two[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] However, the wife will take an arm or two of mine if I spend anymore money on the PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I finally got her ding fixed last week too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Looks better than new[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You did get an alignment afterwards right? Might need some more caster so it will track straighter
I am sure he did, however, I do need to verify one was done.

Old 10-24-2006, 04:56 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Finally got our trailer and towed it with the PSD back to where we store it, found out 4 inches between the bottom of the trailer and top of the bed rails is not enough[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Now I am looking for taller arms for the 5th wheel hitch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] either that, or I have to have some custom fabrication done to get 6+inches between the two vehicles[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] so I don't mess up my bed.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] every truck at the ranch has a bent tailgate and worn out diamond plating on the rails from the trailer rubbing.. the new flat bed has a mile of clearance though. with the hay on it in my pictures. Throw a lift on the trailer. or flip the axles to the other side of the springs.

Old 10-24-2006, 05:01 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Finally got our trailer and towed it with the PSD back to where we store it, found out 4 inches between the bottom of the trailer and top of the bed rails is not enough[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Now I am looking for taller arms for the 5th wheel hitch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] either that, or I have to have some custom fabrication done to get 6+inches between the two vehicles[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] so I don't mess up my bed.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] every truck at the ranch has a bent tailgate and worn out diamond plating on the rails from the trailer rubbing.. the new flat bed has a mile of clearance though. with the hay on it in my pictures. Throw a lift on the trailer. or flip the axles to the other side of the springs.
Axles already been flipped, getting a 3" lift to it. Don't need or want anymore dents in the truck. Just paid $$$ to get the last of them out of it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2006, 05:05 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Axles already been flipped, getting a 3" lift to it. Don't need or want anymore dents in the truck. Just paid $$$ to get the last of them out of it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
yeah dents suck.. You need to replace your bed with one of them low side fifth wheel boxs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] common on the centurions.

Old 10-24-2006, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider

Now, after that and getting the trailer, I need Trasher's $$$ to go play[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL!

Trust me on this one- Trasher doesn't have any more $$$$. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Being off work for so long and having to get things done around the house has left me without funds big time. Working 2 jobs now just to get back on track. My oldest will be starting college, christmas, life, etc..................(golf) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
That suxs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] I under all the reasons you mentioned[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] that's one of the main reasons why we decided to get this used toy hauler, oldest daughter would like to go to Cal Poly for college[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Now there is some $$$ out of my pocket![/quote]

Cal Poly is where he's going [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2006, 06:43 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

[i]Originally posted by: rescuediver
I once had hours like that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I try every few weeks or so to talk my manager into those type of hours[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] However, he just laughs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I think more would get done by working us 10 hours a day, 4 days a week[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

We just finished a job for our bakersfield office, 4 of us finished a job that was 2 months behind in just over 2 weeks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Even worked 7 hours Sunday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Well there should be some decent OT @ 2x for that Sunday, most likely.

I take it you're not going to make a Hollister appearance this weekend? This will only be my 3rd ride since we rode Miami <fat dude flying over handlebars smiley>.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel