Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 04:51 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

AWWWWW that felt good to have an ontopic post [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-18-2006, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Trasher
Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Ok, im thinking about getting a personalized plate for my GT.. Should i get "XC RIDER" or "1S1CKGT"? The GT one would make alot more sence. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Who 'bout "uwelovr" or does Hoss have that one already[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
my personal fave is 8KIN4U (spell it backwards).

Old 10-18-2006, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider

I had to pull my rear axles with a specialty socket, in order to get at rear rotors. I have the same set up for e-brake as what toyo is describing. I must destroy my ebrake shoes FAST, cuz I always drive away with the ebrake on (for short durations).

as for BJs (that's ball joints), you need a special press to get those out, and to press new ones in. on my quad, I was able to use some large sockets and my bench vise pressing the lowers into the steering knuckle, but i don't think that'd work on the PSD.

check the U-joints aswell, and the front suspension arms (not the steering stabilizer, but the part near it). all that stuff needs replacing on mine, but i got ZERO cash. so i'll just wear my tires goofy for now. Hey, where'd ya buy the ball joints, and what did you pay?? any great internet deals I should know about?? this will be my 3rd set in 75,000 miles, so I'm not real confident in Ford's factory parts. That sounds about right; they're worn out in 25,000 miles.

Old 10-19-2006, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

It's hard for me to think that a ball joint is worn out in 25K. Just doesn't seem right to me.

Are you greasing them? They must not have zerk fitting to do so. If you do grease them, maybe the grease is not compatable with the factory grease. Not all greases are alike. Try a high quality silicone grease with moly in it like Hydrotex. Sumptins wrong to only get 25K out of 'em

Old 10-19-2006, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

no grease zirks. Ford doesn't put them on. It must be these tough Canadian logging roads we ride on! We do ride some bumpy/washboard roads, and I am often carrying very heavy loads with the 3500lb camper + enclosed trailer full of quads. But they should still last longer than that.

I did the factory set at about 25-30K, so that'd #2. The current set has been worn out for quite awhile....come to think of it, I got 50K out of this set. but my front tires are BADLY worn on the outside (? or inside) edges. I went to get an alignment done, and there was just too much to replace before the guy could do it properly.

Old 10-19-2006, 02:37 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Ball joints went out in under 50k on the PSD and it now has greasable upper and lowers that get greased weekly. and it hasnt had issues since. now its the fockin Right front hub sticking wich work out the right front ujoint [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] and be it a great ford ideat.. the Hub and Ujoint is a spendy deal.

Old 10-19-2006, 04:13 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: rescuediver

Ching ching[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-19-2006, 04:17 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I spent too many hours giving the PSD a 4 wheel brake job[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Needed new rotors on the back and the front's had to be turned.

Doesn't look good for us either[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] have the new trailer, only 4 inches between the bed rail and the bottom of the trailer, need to get that taken care of before I venture to uneven surfaces, like Pismo. On a good note, the truck handles the trailer nicely[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Really don't know that 8500lbs is there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

How is the new job going? I saw the dealership there on the corner of River Rd. have a friend who lives a couple miles away. Used to go to that market all the time when I work that side of the county[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
That I understand! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

We didnt end up going either. Jetmoto didnt get the paper work for the sticker ready in time and wanted me to meet them at Carnegie at 2:00 pm Sunday. I like to leave before then not get there then. good deal about the carrying capacity, bummer about the fit.

The new job is absolutely beyond my wildest dreams. I should have pissed my old boss off much sooner. Oct. 28th is my last Saturday at the store. My new job doesnt let me have every friday off and I need more time in my shop.

Old 10-19-2006, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Ok, im thinking about getting a personalized plate for my GT.. Should i get "XC RIDER" or "1S1CKGT"? The GT one would make alot more sence. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Id go with "R U 18"

Your young enough to get away with it, but stay away from RD's daughters. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Done!

*looks around*
Listen carefully for the slide of an automatic pistol. Then RUN!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
psshhh. Im a good boy.

except for this one time.... :look:

Old 10-23-2006, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mywifesquad

I spent too many hours giving the PSD a 4 wheel brake job[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Needed new rotors on the back and the front's had to be turned.

Doesn't look good for us either[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] have the new trailer, only 4 inches between the bed rail and the bottom of the trailer, need to get that taken care of before I venture to uneven surfaces, like Pismo. On a good note, the truck handles the trailer nicely[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Really don't know that 8500lbs is there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

How is the new job going? I saw the dealership there on the corner of River Rd. have a friend who lives a couple miles away. Used to go to that market all the time when I work that side of the county[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

The new job is absolutely beyond my wildest dreams. I should have pissed my old boss off much sooner. Oct. 28th is my last Saturday at the store. My new job doesnt let me have every friday off and I need more time in my shop.

I'm glad it's working out for you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You have to work on Fridays?? You need to get that changed quick [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel