Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 07:53 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Me I get in, put the key in, turn lights on, start it. Reason for this...have to. It's an anti-theft thing. I tell someone that and they are "bought it at the Dodge dealer hah?" I guess they are the only ones who put that system in. Another Daewoo I drove you had to flip the passing lights on.

Work truck I am also very good about turning them on. Office manager makes comments sometimes. But it's usually to the tune that I'm a really safe driver as I always drive extra safe (note, that doesn't mean SLOW) when I'm ferrying people around. Unless it's my bro...he was with me at 95 and scared the crud outta him.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 09-10-2004, 07:58 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

You ever done a power reverse in a PSD. holy cow. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Floorboarded in reverse hunting on a loggin road ccrank the wheeel all the way shift her to 1 and floor it while turning the other way. its exciting. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2004, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
I bet a PSD with 3.5's could do 140+
I agree. Without the speed limiter in it it would just keep on haulin.. That limiter sucks. It pulls really good untill it kicks in..

Old 09-10-2004, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
You ever done a power reverse in a PSD. holy cow. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Floorboarded in reverse hunting on a loggin road ccrank the wheeel all the way shift her to 1 and floor it while turning the other way. its exciting. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I must try that.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2004, 08:25 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Try it in an open area thats fairly smooth first [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] when i was lil my uncle did em in his chevelle all the time. i swear he spent more time spinin that thing around that driving [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] then his chevy 2500 stanadard cab 4x4 he use to have he scared the crap outta me. we musta been doin 30+ in revers backin down from the quarry. like 200' verticle ledge im lookin over and he just cranks it with no warnning and flips it around. i was like hollllly shiiiiiooooott. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2004, 08:35 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: powerstroke01

I must try that.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
It's a bit more expensive if you bend the frame on an F-250 than a Bomb. I think at that point you'd be walkin.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 09-10-2004, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Originally posted by: powerstroke01I must try that.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
It's a bit more expensive if you bend the frame on an F-250 than a Bomb. I think at that point you'd be walkin.
ahha notice the [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] though? lol I dont think i would ever try that. Though i tried it in teh stang in a wet parking lot once. Much easyer on the car. lmao

Old 09-10-2004, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

Good way to trash the tranny

Old 09-11-2004, 12:56 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboyWell up in the north here we have a ton of unmarked common cars as patrols. From various SUVs to compacts to pick up trucks. you really gotta watch who your flyin past.
CHP now has unmarked Camaros, with low profile led lights that are all white. That is until they turn them on, then, talk about a christmas tree[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Pretty unless your the one that's been targeted. Anyways, they are capable of doing 150+mph[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and the handling is something else[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]I've become pretty good at identifying a unit on the roadways[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]The camaros are a little harder, but so far, I've gotten the best of them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]If you have a radar detector, they don't do much of anything against the new lazar guns. Just point and shoot the vehicle you want and walla, they don't know what hit them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Cam<STRONG>E</STRONG>ro!

lol

LOL

04 Bombardier Outlander 400 4x4.. STILL AT TEH DEALER!!!!!!!!!!! ITS BEEN A MONTH

still at <THE> dealer LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] kids these days[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]How many times have I spelled "camEro" to you spelling "tEh"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2004, 01:06 AM
Quad Patrol

Toyo, CHP in our area doesn't run motorcycles. Area commander said he has buried to many of his friends from on duty m/c crashes. But, other area CHP offices, run BMWs too. Local agencies run Harleys.

LJ, I have gone 146 mph on a Kawasaki 1000 motorcycle. Scared $h!tle$$ Patrol vehicle code 3, 130 mph, talk about having ***** of fire and your hair on fire. But, at the same time a million things going through your mind, type of call your responding too, what will you do, going on scene, where are other cars going code 3 coming from, answer/talk on the radio, watch all the cars on the road with you, how many refuse to pull over, coming up on a red light, stop look into the other drivers eyes, etc. Not everything people make it out to be. But, it is a blast, when it's all said and done.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel