Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 05:46 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Looking at Civil Engineering[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

All the schooling is scaring me though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

It's been 21+ years since I've been in school[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Go for it man! With all the development going on it's a good career move. Salary over 120K I think. Beats the beat pay I think. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Figure about 10 years, I think to get your PE. But you already did college right? So you would probably be able to get through in 2 or 3 years if they count the stuff you already did. But I don't know. I'll have to ask the boss how long you have to be an EIT before you can test for the PE. His son is going for Structural. Grad. Cal Poly. Then you get your EIT (Engineer in Training). They have to work under a Structural, get their Civil PE, then go for their Structural PE. At least that's my understanding.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-30-2005, 05:47 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: dancingqueen
Originally posted by: Whitewater
I think all you love is $$$$. Isn't that what all women love? You women just use us for our body. I'm sick and tired of being called a Trophy husband.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Excuse me? I have a job... and work to pay for my own things. Thank you very much
*neck roll and finger snap, with hand on hip* You better recongnize Whitey

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

WHATEVER QUEENIE! *middle finger up pointing to the west*[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
CAT FIGHT[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Go DQ[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I'd still rather see Mrs. Hoss in there with DQ... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-30-2005, 05:47 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer

Have mixed feelings about it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] But, trying to make the most of it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Start school soon[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] for that second career.
what's the second career??

got it, civil engineering. sounds like some kinda commie thing.
Far from it. Very respectable career.

Old 07-30-2005, 05:48 AM
Air Cooled Rider

I know, first Friday night I have been home in awhile... I havent done anything but watch TV all freakin night!! Soooo boring! This is actually the first time I have used the computer at home since the move. Cant sleep, my sleep patterns are messed up from Vegas [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
And to think I was out until after midnight! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-30-2005, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

Skinner was out after ugly hour? Must have been massaging mothers bunions (sp?).[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Wow, it actually sprinkled today. Didn't quite wet the whole ground, but we'll take what we can get.

Old 07-30-2005, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
I want to live in a land of the fake.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Glad to see that you are honest. Mine are real, too.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
1)it really is a rhetorical question. they're both fine, regular or bolt-on. how can you complain if yer playin with either set.
2)mine are real too, but require a manzier. it really is time for me to shed the loose parts and get into hockey playing shape. been too long.
I need the Bro. Actually, I don't need anything...hoss is firm like silicone.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-30-2005, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

CAT FIGHT[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

LMAO...Hoss knows better than to mess with the QUEEN [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I'm really scared![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
And you think you are the Queen? You should see Skinner in a wig...now he's the queen.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-30-2005, 07:39 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

They posted a hitch weight of 160 lbs on a 7800 lb trailer. That'll fly. I assumed a typo and figured maybe 1600. At that weight that's like 20%...of a loaded tag trailer. That's 5er territory there. The numbers are NOT adding up. I asked them to post the Safety Certificate and the tag on the cabinet door. They posted the safety cert, but not the inside sticker. I'm sorry, but I don't see an 11,000 GVWR TH weighing 5300 with water and gas. The water weight alone is 800-1000 lbs depending on what size tank it has. The poster said 130 in another post, but Eclipse says it's 106. There's no way that trailer only weighs 4000lbs!

If I'm right on something I see a 12500(d) violation too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
That's not even close to being 10-15% of the trailer weight. Not a sufficient amount of weight on the hitch. Must 've been a typo like you said. If they make a 5300/4000 lb trailer with water and gas[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] They wouldn't be able to keep up with the demand. The 1/2 ton owners would eat that trailer up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I don't follow you on the 12500(d) sectiion. No person shall drive a motor vehicle or combination of vehicles, that is not of a type for which the person is licensed.

Old 07-30-2005, 07:41 PM
Quad Patrol

Go for it man! With all the development going on it's a good career move. Salary over 120K I think. Beats the beat pay I think. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Figure about 10 years, I think to get your PE. But you already did college right? So you would probably be able to get through in 2 or 3 years if they count the stuff you already did. But I don't know. I'll have to ask the boss how long you have to be an EIT before you can test for the PE. His son is going for Structural. Grad. Cal Poly. Then you get your EIT (Engineer in Training). They have to work under a Structural, get their Civil PE, then go for their Structural PE. At least that's my understanding.
Unfortuantely, all my schooling is in the wrong field[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] It depends which avenue I want to go. I have 2 great mentors[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So, right now it's up to me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-30-2005, 07:43 PM
Quad Patrol

I think all you love is $$$$. Isn't that what all women love? You women just use us for our body. I'm sick and tired of being called a Trophy husband.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Excuse me? I have a job... and work to pay for my own things. Thank you very much
*neck roll and finger snap, with hand on hip* You better recongnize Whitey

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

WHATEVER QUEENIE! *middle finger up pointing to the west*[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I'd still rather see Mrs. Hoss in there with DQ... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I think I remember from past posts[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] what you will bring[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

LOL!

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel