Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 09:42 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Today, worked on friends quads. We are going to have to rebuid the top end of his LT500[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]looks like he ran it to lean, and started to melt his piston[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]We also started to take apart the blaster's clutch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]need to replace it, too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Misery, loves company[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-03-2004, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jetsnow600
You guys want to start up www.fordbetakappa.com? My roomate owns a web site design/development company and i had him look that site up and its available. Could get the site setup for cheap.Sean
Swweeeett... We could have our own board to moderate!!!11!!! :headbang:

Old 10-04-2004, 01:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's 2 feet long (24 inches[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] ). with the dually, you really don't get the bounce. plus the equalizer takes the bounce too, and really spreads the weight.

I have a factory manual my local dealer let me use for a day. I copied the whole thing, so whatever you need, let me know. i posted in the Suzuki forum for the info on the axle. you can look there if you're interested. i don't want to post it all over again. and you'd need to pull apart your right side up to the point of removing the brake drum to answer my Qs (which i obviously don't expect you to do).

ya, yer right, i guess i'm a sucker for wrenching stuff. sounds like you're even worse if you got sucked into buddy's stuff instead of yer own. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I may keep the 160, OR, if i do sell, I'll get my wife something like a Honda 250ES ( a 2wd utility type quad).

Old 10-04-2004, 02:05 AM
Quad Patrol

Yea, your right, the qualizer will suck up some of the bounce too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the offer on the 160[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Dealer told me, they could get me a factory manuel too @ $60[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] US[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] If, I need anything, I will let you know[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

This friend is the one that lets us use their LT80, when ever we need it. He!! we've had it the last 4-5 months[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]So, I kindof owe it to them. That's another reason to get a 5th quad for the family[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I'll check out the kids section. Sometimes, I don't spend enough time surfing the threads[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Especially, the way this thread has been posting, record number of pages[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-04-2004, 03:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those are good reasons to help your friend. i don't have any friends like that, that help me with anything, tho i've helped many over the years. come to think of it, i don't have ANY friends[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. i think it's cuz I'm a poor 'lil 'ol Canadian![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

too bad yer not closer, I'm gonna sell the LT80 (i think), the LT160 (i think) and the XR70. wife wants me to keep the XR70, but i got a XR80 for Jr. and he seems to be able to get out of 1st gear really good. he struggles with the kick start tho. too much stuff to work on. I replaced chain and adjusted valves on the XR70 today. plus the rear sprocket kept coming loose, so i put on ny-lock nuts plus lock-washers. that should do it. also had to replace right chain adjuster. adjusted all the brakes while i was at it. wife was angry that i spent last 2 days wrenching quads and bikes. told her she didn't seem to complain when we were riding and everything ran well. maybe I'll start ragging her a$$ that she spends too much time cleaning and doing laundry......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] hmmmmm, some how that could blow up in my face.

Old 10-04-2004, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider

Good morning FBK, I'm off to Detroit...talk to you later.

Old 10-04-2004, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider

Have a safe trip. Gotta love the promotion and the travel[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I'm leaving to Phoenix in a couple of minutes also. Be on later tonight [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-04-2004, 11:44 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I've weaseled my way out of going to Mendota, CA. If anyone has been there, you'd understand why. The boss needs to learn to actually say "I want you to go..." Instead of beating around the damned bush. I'm sure I'll end up there though.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 10-04-2004, 01:32 PM
Royalty Rider

Im back! Happy birthday to me!

Old 10-04-2004, 01:32 PM
Quad Patrol

Confused, Yea, I thought those were good reasons to help him[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Plus, I'm sure I'll learn a thing or two[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Plus, as I get older and less mobile[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I need more and more help with projects I start, or should of started according to the wife[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Yea, to bad your a Canandian[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]and live 1/2 a continent away[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Yes, if you compare wrenching on quads[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and household chores[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] you will definately come out on the wrong end[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]I've learned, reverse psycology doesn't work on her[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]I mean, my wife[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel