Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Ok, I checked out the Diablo stuff and ya know what? It starts with the 1999 model, and mine is a 97. It doesn't look like Diablo CARES about my truck. I'm crushed. . .

So now it's back to Superchips or Hypertek.

Old 07-12-2004, 09:28 PM
Quad Patrol

Mr. Tommy, have you checked out Banks, they just came out with the Six Gun Diesel Tuner. Originally, it was for only the new 6.0. But, now, they have it for model years 94-03 ps also. Text They also have a nice faq area too.

BlackandRed, Have a aquaintance that goes to Pismo with us during Thanksgiving. He and his wife bought a 40', double slide out toy hauler. I forget the name of it. They haul it with a f350, dually 7.3. Takes his truck and 2 more to get off the beach[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 07-13-2004, 04:01 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

My friend's is also a double slide.

Me personally, the ONLY way I'd be able to afford something like that would be the Lotto hit. In that case, it would be an F-650 done up. Seen one really nice online. Has an embossed flame headliner. Black. CC, 4x4, Cat 3126B motor in it. Has a standard pickup bed on it. I'd go with some kind of tow bed. Make it just dedicated for towing. Only thing I'm still debating is Allison 6sp Auto or the 10sp manual.

Then have a custom built 5th wheel about 40'. Seperate garage. Bi-Level lift. Put the quads in, lift them to the roof, slide in a rail under them, and lower them back as low as possible. Or haul about 8 quads. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Then the area could be used as a seperate sleeping area. Pile all the kids in there. Flat floor. No wheel wells. It's gotta be tall to get the pin up to the bed anyways. Sometimes, there is no such thing as too much. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

100-200 gallons fresh water.

Black and white checker floor, at least in the garage. Full sound. Plasma or LCD display. The works.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-13-2004, 05:13 AM
Quad Patrol

Sounds like a he!! of a set up. I like it. Would definately be used only as a hauler only though. But, hey, winning the lotto, you won't need to work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So you won't need to disconnect the trailer from the truck.
I'm hoping when we get around to buying a toy trailer, they finally put a slide-out on a pull trailer. I don't care if it has a enclosed garage. With the bed open on my truck, I'd throw quads back there too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-13-2004, 06:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw a pretty cool hauler made by freightliner. pretty expensive too.

black and red, i have to correct you. you said...."that's what happens when you make a mistake". It may just be me making a sticky point of order, but my mistakes result in divorce and bankruptcy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-13-2004, 09:07 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Rescue, I did a quick check of Banks and found some good info there, minus of course, the price. When you 'click' on the "Order Here" button you get a note saying to call them for info. This scares me right off [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I'd seen a little on this new product in Trailer Life, I think. But hey, I just spent about $700 on guages and here comes Banks saying their new thingie is "all-in-one", guages, adjustments on the fly, power, boost, temps, Nirvana... "What a'm gone do now?"

I'm off today too so maybe during a break in household honey-do projects I'll call them anyway. Sure wish I had that intercooler that came on the next generation of Powerstrokses. I know Banks makes them too, but I'm not made of money...

I need that Lotto win BlackandRed mentioned[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-13-2004, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider

Gees...a guy takes a few days off and it's assumed he has the drip?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I see that you all have been busy without me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-13-2004, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Whitewater,

The difference here is, we 'do' the forum at home while you 'do' the forum "on-the-clock"... That was you that had the luxury of all this at work wasn't it? I have to fight my wife off as I 'waste' time on this valuable asset [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Although I just got a new cell phone yesterday and it's web ready for my laptop. Problem is, how do you surf while driving big trucks down the highway?

Old 07-13-2004, 01:32 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I too post "on the clock" and "off the clock." [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] See the time of the post. Rolled into work at 9am. Guess it's time to get to work as I'm staring at a drawing with a LOT of red pencil on it...

Oh, and Tommy...you don't. At least not in CA. Can't even have a laptop where the driver can see/access it. No more laptop/GPS setups.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-13-2004, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

I'm surprised you can even breathe fresh air in CA anymore. Everything is against the law over there. We've got to go to a party over in Sonoma next weekend and I dread the trip. It's great once we get there, but it's the "getting there" that I really hate anymore. There's a CHP behind every blade of grass just LOOKING to find you in violation of SOMETHING. Blowing your nose in public, walking too loudly, sneezing while making a left turn, breathing too much air...

Pray for us...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel