Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 02:18 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

<-- Doesn't do heights.

Well, I do them a little more now. Kinda of a bad sport to get into if you don't do heights....

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 10-01-2004, 02:27 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
<-- Doesn't do heights.

Well, I do them a little more now. Kinda of a bad sport to get into if you don't do heights....
But, you have to adapt and overcome[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I would have to say, that heights are probably my down fall. I love being high up, but I have to be behind something, plane window, glass on top of the sears tower, etc. On top of Half Dome, it's just you and the valley floor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Speaking of Sears tower, Crazy wife of mine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]I'm leaning over the rail, looking down the from atop the observation tower. I think, it's on the 101st floor. Wife sneaks up behind me, and pushes me up against the glass window. Scared the bejesus out of me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]I had some choice words for her[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]I can laugh about it now, but back then[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]I didn't think it was to funny[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-01-2004, 02:31 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: powerstroke01WOAH.. I dont think i can read all the new posts.. lolAnyways. We just got home from a 7 mile hike in Yosemite. It was a good work out. Started at 5300ft and topped out at 6900ft. So a good solid climb.. Temps were 58-65... Cloudy. Heard some thunder as well.
Sounds cool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Always wanted to hike up to the top of Half Dome and dangle my feet over the edge[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
That was our plan earlier this year. But it never worked out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img].. Oh well

Old 10-01-2004, 02:36 AM
Quad Patrol

[quote]
Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Since I'm BBQing some tomorrow (or maybe the boss will do it, not sure) I'll grab the cam and toss up some pics of the meat. They are actually about 3lb ea. I got these at Costco have are pretty lean and are much longer on the long side that what you get at the super market. Around here a tri-tip is roast that's always carried in the meat at a supermarket. There is a cut number to it that you can get from a local butcher here, and go somewhere (basically east of California) and have a good butcher cut one for you. People from central California are known to load up their ice chests when they go on vacation to see family in say Oaklahoma (lot's of families around here have family there) as tri-tips aren't available there.

I usually let mine sit overnight with Pappy's. It's a local season concoction from a company in Fresno. [quote]

Skinner, Costco IMO has the best pre-seasoned tri-tip[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] That is my favorite cut of meat. Of course, backstrap from deer and elk rate up there too. Also, wild boar.Hhhhmmmmm, Hhmmmmm

Anyways, the trick to bbq'ing tri-tip, is to flip it 3 times, every 15 minutes. Have the temp around 325 degrees and off set it from the flames[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It comes out medium rare[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ohhh man, is is good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Mouth is watering[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-01-2004, 02:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

woo-hoo, we're on page Gretzky (that's 99 in Canadian).

do you guys get the Buy and Sell down south?it's the main way to buy and sell anything used here. the adds are mostly free, but you pay to buy the magazine. it comes out once per week. I have an on-line subscription and am always looking for the great deals. that's how I bought and sold the (2) 18' flatdecks i fixed up.

so today an add comes out for a 1991 Honda 350 4x4, $1450 (US converted for you guys). I dunno what they sell for down dere, but it's almost half the rate here. I call and the guy says the phone's been ringing off the hook, all kinds of people on their way over. Turns out i live real close and I'm the first one there. yee-ha! for once I'm gonna scoop the hot deal!

whadda POS! it started and ran, not much more i can say good about it. rear plastic thrashed so bad the guy fabricated steel fenders outta spring steel (he's a welder/fabricator). they actually didn't look too bad..... very southern-Washington/HICK looking. no front brakes. not sure why, he said the wheel cylinders may be leaking and need seals (HUH??). converted to twist throttle (don't like). the head gasket was that orange form-a-gasket crap (like Permatex).wouldn't go into reverse, but he said it just needed the rear brake lever adjusted. he'd painted a lot of the parts black. 4 bald tires that were facing the wrong direction. seat was a piece of black naugahide pulled over the old seat and stapled (i think). sounded a little rough, but i bet the drive train was probably pretty good. but it was UGLY, rough, abused and needed hours of work. I coulda taken it, but for once in my life i didn't act impulsively and walked. just didn't want the headache. I wanna turn key and go.

when i left, his young adult son had 2 more guys waiting to check it out. guarantee it's gone now, but someone's taken a way bigger project than they realize.

Old 10-01-2004, 02:48 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: powerstroke01WOAH.. I dont think i can read all the new posts.. lolAnyways. We just got home from a 7 mile hike in Yosemite. It was a good work out. Started at 5300ft and topped out at 6900ft. So a good solid climb.. Temps were 58-65... Cloudy. Heard some thunder as well.
Sounds cool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Always wanted to hike up to the top of Half Dome and dangle my feet over the edge[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
That was our plan earlier this year. But it never worked out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img].. Oh well
A fellow co-worker did it about 4 years ago[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] What a cool picture she has[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-01-2004, 03:06 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
woo-hoo, we're on page Gretzky (that's 99 in Canadian).

do you guys get the Buy and Sell down south?it's the main way to buy and sell anything used here. the adds are mostly free, but you pay to buy the magazine. it comes out once per week. I have an on-line subscription and am always looking for the great deals. that's how I bought and sold the (2) 18' flatdecks i fixed up.

so today an add comes out for a 1991 Honda 350 4x4, $1450 (US converted for you guys). I dunno what they sell for down dere, but it's almost half the rate here. I call and the guy says the phone's been ringing off the hook, all kinds of people on their way over. Turns out i live real close and I'm the first one there. yee-ha! for once I'm gonna scoop the hot deal!

whadda POS! it started and ran, not much more i can say good about it. rear plastic thrashed so bad the guy fabricated steel fenders outta spring steel (he's a welder/fabricator). they actually didn't look too bad..... very southern-Washington/HICK looking. no front brakes. not sure why, he said the wheel cylinders may be leaking and need seals (HUH??). converted to twist throttle (don't like). the head gasket was that orange form-a-gasket crap (like Permatex).wouldn't go into reverse, but he said it just needed the rear brake lever adjusted. he'd painted a lot of the parts black. 4 bald tires that were facing the wrong direction. seat was a piece of black naugahide pulled over the old seat and stapled (i think). sounded a little rough, but i bet the drive train was probably pretty good. but it was UGLY, rough, abused and needed hours of work. I coulda taken it, but for once in my life i didn't act impulsively and walked. just didn't want the headache. I wanna turn key and go.

when i left, his young adult son had 2 more guys waiting to check it out. guarantee it's gone now, but someone's taken a way bigger project than they realize.
Confused, Never heard of it. But, it could exist down here, I kind of live in a watering hole[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Just when you thought you found the deal of the century[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It turns out, to be not what you think[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Or, your one call to late[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
It does sound like the quad from hell.

I came across a great deal about 4 years ago. It was a 1998 warrior that was in excellant condition, and asking price was (I think) $1,100. I called the number at 7:30am. Lady answered the phone, told her why I called and she told me I was the second caller. Unfortuantely for me, the 1st caller was at 6:30 and told her he'd take it, without even looking at it. So, I talked to her, just to get information on the quad for future information[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] She asked me, if I felt she sold it to low[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] NO DUH[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and I told her, yes. Well, she wasn't selling it to me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Anyways, she tells me, she is divorcing her husband and just wanted to get rid of it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]I felt sorry for her husband, but, I would of bought it anyways[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-01-2004, 03:22 AM
Air Cooled Rider

I don't do any meat less than medium. But I don't want it done much more then that either. My mom & brother like stuff WELL done. ick. Might as well chew some jerky.

We'll see what happens tomorrow for BBQing.

I made a tri-tip the other night that was the bomb. Over Kingsford with some Hickory thrown in there. Tasted better the second day.

Oh and I love BBQ sauce. But being Diabetic I'm limited to the Carb Smart stuff put out by Lawrys. Not the best. I love KC Masterpiece. Lawry's is a bit heavy on the pepper and goes nuts with the Pappy's which has a lot of pepper in it. So you have to be careful.

Old 10-01-2004, 03:30 AM
Quad Patrol

I am more of the medium rare type myself[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] A little blood never hurt anyone[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]Sometimes, you have to wonder if it's dead or a walking wounded though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I meant to mention in a ealier post, that we have Pappy's up here also[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-01-2004, 04:06 AM
Air Cooled Rider

I talked to some people in east bay (he's on here, but not sure of his exact screen name...friend of QuadKaryn) and they had never had it but loved it when I made some beef back ribs with it. It's a little funky on pork though. Not sure why. Too strong I think. Pork is so mild that too much pepper ruins it for me.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel