Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

whitewater, you musta got an early jump on the moab trip. I feel like i used some of my best material slammin' ya, so you must still be reelin'.hope it didn't hurt as much as your unforgetable evening with the Vancouver Tranny.LOL. You must be over at Dodge-boy's desk to see if he has some witty rhetoric you can borrow. It may take you guys a couple of weeks to come up with something good, like, "you're ugly and your momma dresses you funny".... you'll have to wait for my pics to post that slam. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

do you atv in moab? All I ever hear about is the mtn biking and trials riding there. Is it worth the trip just to atv, or do you do more? how long from home? some of the pics my cousin showed me looked pretty scary, but he says you get used to the grippy sandpaper feel of the ground and gain a lot of confidence in a week.

And back on topic, that black curse must get awfully dusty in Moab. When I used to be a lot-boy at a Ford dealer (you woulda been a frat-boy at the time) , we had these specail lightly-oil treated things that looked like big a dust mop. rather than wash every car every day (this was in Kelowna, which looks very similar to Napa Valley, CA.. except better wine, and very dry and dusty) we'd drag this mop-thing across them and it'd pick up all the dust with out scratching. Beats the heck outta a daily wash and chamois job.

hope ya have a good one and hurry up and get back to slammin me. I need the abuse cuz marraige isn't quite torturous enough.

Old 07-17-2004, 03:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know, I know, look at the clock...I'm on the forum from home...can you believe it? And may I say, dial-up really sucks. I'm used to my company's LAN. Oh well, my laptop at home and my internet is free (thanks to the company).

Hey Dazed and Confused,

I'm not an insult kind of guy. I have feelings and I realize that an American wannabee probably has feelings too. I don't want Lt. Dan to ban me from the forum. I don't want Mr. Tommy to come to Park City on his way to Salt Lake and pound me for bagging on a Bob and Doug Lover. Also, B&W may drive his company provided truck that Powerstroke01 has removed the exhaust from, to come and help out Mr. Tommy. I realize that you are the favorite of this forum and they ALWAYS stick up for you and protect you. Gees, you even get Lt. Dan to post pictures just for you. I'm not jealous or anything, but I could use a hug every once in a while, too. You need to change your name to Mr.preferential.treatment.from.the.land.of.beer.an d.queers. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I'm just not a mean person like you. I like to hug a tree every chance I get and you like to just cut them down. I like to ride pocket rockets, and the rest of you just wants to run me over.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Okay, I'll get serious now. I just got back from the big city and had to make an REI run purchasing sandals for my wife, camelback day packs, maps, dry bags, water bottles, a hat for her beautiful hair, river clothes for her....I could spent my 401K in that store. We are going to run the Colorado river (westwater canyon) and hike in Arches National Park. No ATV's this time. They are broken and no one on this forum wants to help me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I reserved the honeymoon suite so Mrs. Whitewater is in for a real treat.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] We are going to leave tomorrow and drop the kiddies off at my sister's house. It's about 4 hours from my house to Moab. I grew up about an hour away from Moab, but never went there much (except for high school sports). I'll post some pics after my trip (sorry, none from the honeymoon suite...of course if you want a pic of me in the hot tub....eewww sick).[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I'll have to check into a dust mop thingy for my truck. It won't fit in the garage and doesn't stay clean very long.

Don't miss me too much.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-17-2004, 03:38 AM
Quad Patrol

Whitewater, A little razzing going on and your ready to pack up your atv bags and hit the road? Well, don't let the keyboards hit you in the a#$ as you leave the desk[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Have fun at Moab. A place I know, someday I will visit. I can't ride my mtn bike anymore due to 2 shoulder surgeries in the last year or so. Can't take the pressure of leaning forward on the bars. But, yes, getting to old is becoming a problem for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Not healing up like the young pup I once was[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] What's your quad doing? I'm surprized no one in the Polaris thread has given you a reply yet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] What size tires are you thinking of going with? I have 33's on 16 inch wheels.

BlackandRed, That's good mileage to get on your warrior. How much were you on the throttle or was a lot of it technical/slow riding? I'd love to take mine on long trail rides, but, with 5 quads, I might as well bring a fuel truck along for the ride. The wife's polaris really suxs the fuel, I would think I would need to bring about 13 gallons. Nice pictures you have on Yahoo, Where'd you get the black atv box?

Confused, When you post your pictures, put one of the flourescent oval you have on your truck, I'm curious to see it. I'd love to put a Billet grill on mine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But, now I have to watch what my brother does to his truck. He took the Billet I wanted and put it on his. I told him what my future plans are so, he doesn't put the same thing on his truck. And, If he does, he doesn't think I'm copying him. Now, I'm in the market for a different style. Anyone know where they sell a Stainless steel grill with flames?
I'm thinking about taking my f250 emblems and putting them in acetone to give them the chrome look. I have one of the California dust rags too. They do work great.
Apparently, your wife didn't attend the same wife 101 class as mine. Boy, is the honeymoon over[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 07-17-2004, 03:45 AM
Quad Patrol

[quote]
Originally posted by: Whitewater
, but I could use a hug every once in a while, too.

Whitewater, Do you need a group hug?? Come on guys, lets give him a group hug, on the count of three. One, two, three,,,,,,,feel better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-17-2004, 03:57 AM
Quad Patrol

Sounds like you and the wife are going to have a really nice trip. Travel safely and enjoy the scenery. Don't post pictures of the hot tub unless, your the one taking the pictures[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Isn't it funny, when you live close to a cool place that people go on vacation to visit, you visit it very seldom. It's like that here, 90 minutes from Yosemite, Monterey, San Francisco etc. And never visit it unless, family comes in from out of state.
I haven't posted any pictures for Confused yet. But, if that's what it takes to get him to post some pictures, I'll do it. Need some need targets for the range[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-17-2004, 04:00 AM
Pro Rider

1)you're clairvoyant. when the email showed whitewater posted a reply i thought he's either like me and has to work late for 2 weeks before he can even think of going on holidays (it's true, i'm self-employed and I work till midnight for the week before vacation), OR, you're giggling in the bathroom at home with the lights off because you don't want Mrs. W to know your dark secret about the Vanc. Tranny. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

2)These are good natured slams, not insults. But I didn't realize you were complimenting me when you called me Lt. Dan's suck-up and nerd. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

3)I AM a Bob and Doug lover. Half the guys I went to school with were not far from their characters. 'till they both sold out and became those American wannabes you referred to.

4)Beers and queers.... LMFAO... that's one of your best ones so far. you'll have too find a way to blend a good quip about turd-punchers with bud, because we're world infamous for that too (at least everywhere I go people always bring it up).

5)we're also world infamous for our forests and some of the huge clear-cuts. we're the poster child for what NOT to do the trees. Funny thing is they all get replanted and grow back. you REALLY have to listen to the old Monty Python song/skit about " I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay". It's too funny.

6)what's an REI run?

7)I've insulted Polaris too many times to say something useful (NOW those were insults), but I'm surprised the Polaris forum isn't helpful. The Yamaha and Kids forums have always helped me a lot with my problems.

8) part of me wants to be a smart-a$$ and call you a suck, but that is truly fabulous that you do something nice like that for you wife. I'm sensing this weekend will be the pro-creation of #4. At least the old college effort will be there. I'm told things like that are good for a marraige...now if only I could find a babysitter...

9)despite our unadulterated ba$terdizing of this original post that we've now turned into a 250+ post/chat room, I think it's important we remember this is about powerstrokes, and we should try to end with some reference or chat about the topic. so I hope your powerstroke runs well all weekend and doesn't let you down at the honeymoon suite [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Again, I'm sorry for being a pig, but it was too hard to resist.

oh, the truck, ummm, see if you can get a chip for it, or some gauges, or a new pipe. And let us know what kinda mileage you get runnin empty. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-17-2004, 04:10 AM
Pro Rider

rescue, I heard marraige can cause shoulder problems.. but both??

I'm gonna try getting some pics...target practice..LOL!!You won't be able to look at them long enough to sight your shot.

our tires are in metric (I think), actually a bit of both...how confusing.Mine are 235/85/16. The 16 is 16 inches, but I'm sure the first 2 #'s are circumfrence and ? The more I think about it, I dunno.

Old 07-17-2004, 04:39 AM
Quad Patrol

Confused, I could only wish marriage caused my problems to my left shoulder[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And that would be the correct one too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] It's not both of them, at least not yet. I've had my left shoulder cut on twice in the last year or so, trying to fix it. No luck though. Now, I over compensate with my right shoulder/arm. Get your pictures up, we will let you know waht we think of them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]I'm sure they won't be that bad, just to be sure though, leave your helmet on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]I forgot, you guys are backwards up there, Metric. I also forget what the numbers mean on the tires. All I know is, they are dang expensive for 33's.

Old 07-17-2004, 04:55 AM
Pro Rider

see your PM.

Old 07-17-2004, 05:08 AM
Quad Patrol

Just sent you a couple too. One about posting pictures.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel