Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 11:54 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

I don't know anything with any trick setups from around here. Only one's I've ever seen loaded on racks have been the regular bed racks that aren't all that uncommon. Only thing from somewhere around this way (I think, I seen him filling up in Kettleman City) that wasn't common was a guy haulling doubles.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-05-2004, 02:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTW, Happy Birthday America!

Old 07-05-2004, 03:47 AM
Quad Patrol

BlackandRed, If you saw this rig, I think you would remember it. I'll try and find the pictures and post them. Doubles are becoming more common. Seems each time we go to Pismo, we see another double there.

Confused, the pictures are on my wife's lap top and that is with her at work. I need to go to Sacramento tomorrow, depending on when I get home, I will try to post. Lt. Dan

I just noticed I hit the 500 post mark, my pictures have been looked at over 1000 times and I've been rated 9 plus. Guess I haven't upset to many people with my views[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-05-2004, 03:57 AM
Trailblazer

Are You Asking How To Install The Rack For Pulling On The Bed Of Your Truck Blackandred?

Old 07-05-2004, 08:05 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

8042: nope

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-06-2004, 01:20 AM
Trailblazer

Alright Just Checking

Old 07-06-2004, 10:00 AM
Pro Rider

Jeez, I go to work for a couple days, enjoy a couple holiday days and... the "7.3 Diesel" discussion adds a page and a half of stuff, and the topics expand to music, kids, and everything inbetween. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Hey whitewater, the keystone project went well, 'cept my hands were clenched when I woke up the next morning.

So yesterday we decided to go for a quick ATV ride, where we only have to drive about four miles to drop-off point. But, it's all uphill. This is the first time I've gone to this place since I had the guages installed. All I'm pulling is our dinky ATV trailer with the two Cats on it. And that utility box on the pick-up weighs in at (I'm guessing) almost 3K by itself. About halfway up I'm looking at the tranny guage and it's up around 200 degrees. Going down the road pulling two trailers, it wasn't that high. And since this road is nothing but ruts, rocks, and exposed bedrock, we're just crawling up. What I got from this is, tranny stays nice and cool if you're hauling along at highway speeds and wind can pass through the cooler. BUT, if you're just crawling along with virtually NO wind, it can heat up pretty good. So now I know. We're already looking for a drop-off point a little lower on that road so's we're not beating on our beloved Powerstroke so bad.

Man, I'm SO far out the thread now ('cuz I can't do this at work like SOME folks we know - ahem...), I have to re-apply for membership.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 07-06-2004, 12:05 PM
Trailblazer

Mr Tommy You Could Add Alittle Thicker Weight Trans Fluid, To Reduce Some Of The Heat For When You Go Trough Things Like That. I Mean I Have Alittle Thicker In My Hydra-Matic Transmission And It Does A Pretty Well Job, And Of Course Its Not Gonna Cool Like It Would If You Were Goin Down The Highway At 70 Mph, But It Will Help By Around 2-6 Degrees Which Might Not Seem Like Alot. But Its Always Good To Know That Your Transmission Is Operating At An Little Lower Tempeture.

Old 07-06-2004, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

or learn from my lesson and shift into 4-low if you're going that slow over rutty, steep terrain. You can still be in 4-low drive. whitewater must be on vacation or away from his desk. he'd get in trouble if his bride caught him chatting with us from home [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-06-2004, 03:50 PM
Pro Rider

Confused,

Listen here smart a$$[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img], I've actually been working today (yeah right)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. I went to Southern Utah for the weekend - the outlaws have a cabin, and talk about Vegas coming to the mountains... It was crazy!! The dust was pretty thick. I went on several trail rides and I think I needed a HEPA respirator / SCBA to be able to breath through all of the dust (WAAAAA, WAAAAA). It was a fun weekend, but it needs to rain in Southern Utah (very dry). However, I have carb issues with my sportsman 400. I re-jetted it last night. Hopefully that works. I think it was manufactured on an indian burial ground.

Oh, and to answer your question about hauling ATV's...I agree with Lt. Dan. Just put a reciever on the back of your trailer (just like Mr. Tommy and me); haul it back there.

Hey, I get to go camping for 5-days (starting Thursday), and then back for 4-days, and then...gone again for 5-days (rafting the Colorado River)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] So, you won't have to listen to my constant rambling.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel