Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 03:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

spent weekend at Pa's. Played 1st round of golf and shot 86, from Blue Tees!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

also spent 2 days installing carpet at dad's and it still has wrinkles we couldn't get out. aaaaarrrgggh![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 04-18-2006, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: nedflanders
spent weekend at Pa's. Played 1st round of golf and shot 86, from Blue Tees!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

also spent 2 days installing carpet at dad's and it still has wrinkles we couldn't get out. aaaaarrrgggh![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Are you sure your not color blind and they were really red??? J/K Great round [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Feels kinda cool don't it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Those carpet installers flew through my house a couple of weeks ago. That's one job I want no part of

Old 04-18-2006, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

I was just visiting my dad about 200 miles away, and I got my tranny fluid dumped, along with a new filter. this is first fluid change since the rebuild a couple of years ago. I also got coolant changed. I don't like these snake-oil fluid exchange gimmicks. Especially with tranny, I'd like magnet cleaned, and the drip pan cleaned. so Hoss, make sure ya do the maintenance.

I have seen more damage done than helped by fluid exchanges. The little particles get moved about by the force of the fliud going where it might not normally go and then it gets stuck in the valve body and hangs the tranny up. I like dropping the pan and doing it the 'ol fashioned way [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-18-2006, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: Trasher
Sure you will[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I fact, if I had your kinda money, I'd buy two[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] His and hers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
LOL! Your on a roll there Creator[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Let's see if I'm right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-18-2006, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
I am starting to see a new trailer on the horizons boyz[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Wife doesn't care what I get[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Someone slap me upside the head and wake me up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]!!!! However, I think I see the catch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] she gets a new car with leather seats[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Who's getting the better deal here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL! I see a weekend warrior coming soon to a driveway near me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Good deal. Better hurry down son. They're having a "sale" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] That's the line my wife uses on me

Old 04-18-2006, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

Are you sure your not color blind and they were really red??? J/K Great round [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Feels kinda cool don't it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Those carpet installers flew through my house a couple of weeks ago. That's one job I want no part of

ya, always nice to get one in the 80s...but now it's time to retire cuz it just won't get any better! And i had a 9 & 7 in that round!!

my dad got one carpet for free, and one marked WAY down. one went in okay. the other was sorta folded and had kinks and air bubbles. couldn't stretch that one out AT ALL. and neither of these looped berbers would hold on the smooth edge worth a darn. oh well, it's a rental suite, and he's thinking of selling it anyways. looks better than the old stuff, but still kinda tacky overall.

Old 04-18-2006, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider

I was just visiting my dad about 200 miles away, and I got my tranny fluid dumped, along with a new filter. this is first fluid change since the rebuild a couple of years ago. I also got coolant changed. I don't like these snake-oil fluid exchange gimmicks. Especially with tranny, I'd like magnet cleaned, and the drip pan cleaned. so Hoss, make sure ya do the maintenance.

I have seen more damage done than helped by fluid exchanges. The little particles get moved about by the force of the fliud going where it might not normally go and then it gets stuck in the valve body and hangs the tranny up. I like dropping the pan and doing it the 'ol fashioned way [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I agree. AND, the PSD has a drain bolt on the torque converter. a tranny shop told me they suck out the lines too, which pretty well gives it a full drain. my cousin was saying something about hooking up the lines that go to the rad, to somewhere else (not the fluid exchange machine), and then running it to get a complete flush.

Old 04-18-2006, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider

[i]okay. the other was sorta folded and had kinks and air bubbles. couldn't stretch that one out AT ALL. .
Maybe Hoss could help you with that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-18-2006, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider

I agree. AND, the PSD has a drain bolt on the torque converter. a tranny shop told me they suck out the lines too, which pretty well gives it a full drain. my cousin was saying something about hooking up the lines that go to the rad, to somewhere else (not the fluid exchange machine), and then running it to get a complete flush.

Just heard a radio ad that states that they don't suck out the fluid, but drop the pan. funny timing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-18-2006, 03:40 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

ummm.. how would you change the filter on the PSD if they only gave you a suck job. boy sounds like some of the fluid exhange joints are in cahoots with someone to jack up your tranny [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel