Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

too funny ww, i was just checking your pics. they are a little cloudy, is that from disposable film quality, or from scanning from photo to disc?

that water looks pretty stirred up and brown. are there some pretty hairy spots? the Fraser River and Thompson river here have some great tours. guess I'm too much of a wuss, cuz some people from work wanted to set up a day for us to do it, and my wife and I weren't too warm to the idea. I just opened the door for you to come up with some witty and clever slams.

your wife looks exhausted and angry in the recent pics, maybe from the 20 mile drag??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Ah-ha!! That's why she's getting even with all the renos.

and the pocket rocket got me thinking. they were selling them at Indy for about $600.(US). BUT, it seems to me you can't ride 'em anywhere. street is scary and dangerous. no off-road tires. so where you gonna ride?

BTW, I'll post next time under "Ford Chat boys".. new thread. unless one of you guys wants to get it started.

Old 07-26-2004, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New Thread "Ford Chat Boys".

Old 07-26-2004, 05:11 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Man don't you people read? Sheesh.

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel Pages: 1 2 Last

That's on the forum topic page. Just click "Last" sheesh. Look in the where to ride....there's one thread over 10,000 posts. Yes 10,000! Maybe we can get this thread topic changed to "All kinds of weird stuff by The Ford DIESEL Boys." I think Trasher can as he started it.

And on the 3.73s, that's it. If you go to Ford's site and Build a Ford, that's all you get. Everything else goes unavailable. But I'm sure you could do them after market or have a dealer order them and install them. For instance if you happened to upsize your tires.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-26-2004, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

Hey BlackandRedWarrior, every so often the topic comes back around to the "Crew Cabs w/7.3 Diesel" topic. But hey, turning it into our 'private' little world ain't so bad - [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Oh, and I'm STILL not sure if I want to put the Superchips thing in mine. Seems like I read in more than one place that if your data port is not on the driver's side, the 1705 Superchip won't work. Know anything about that?

See how this works? We're back "On - Topic". But I am serious about my question.

Old 07-26-2004, 08:20 PM
Air Cooled Rider

The only chips I know about are computer (and even that's pushing it nowadays) and potato.

Old 07-26-2004, 08:29 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Man don't you people read? Sheesh.

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel Pages: 1 2 Last

That's on the forum topic page. Just click "Last" sheesh. Look in the where to ride....there's one thread over 10,000 posts. Yes 10,000! Maybe we can get this thread topic changed to "All kinds of weird stuff by The Ford DIESEL Boys." I think Trasher can as he started it.

And on the 3.73s, that's it. If you go to Ford's site and Build a Ford, that's all you get. Everything else goes unavailable. But I'm sure you could do them after market or have a dealer order them and install them. For instance if you happened to upsize your tires.
BlackandRed, My screen doesn't read "last" to get to the last topic. But, what I did find out is that if you press the arrows after page 7, it brings you to the last page. Is this what you meant? Now that I figured it out, I change my vote and so we stay here to get tha 1,000 post[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
WW, Didn't see the new fireplace[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Getting tired of looking at your face on vacation[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I hear you about mud. My daughter and I built a backyard bbq. It's sweet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'll post pictures in the next couple of days. We are finally grouting it tomorrow(thank god)

Confused, the water looks that way because WW had washed away all his sins[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] That water is actually healthy. That's how it has looked for literally millions of years. It's Mother Nature working her magic[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Creating more beautiful rock formations[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Around here, pocket rockets go for $169$199. But, I agree, you can't legally ride them anywhere, except private property.

MrTommy, Welcome back. How was the road trip? I take it your trip to Ca. was a safe one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I don't know much about Superchip. Didn't know it made a difference on where your port was located. Is it because the module might not fit, where yours is at?

Old 07-26-2004, 08:31 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
The only chips I know about are potato.

LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Can't eat just one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2004, 09:46 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Hey, that's not fair. You quated me out of context! Must be a damn reporter. He just comes in here under cover. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2004, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mr. Tommy, I'm confused (again). The chip plugs into the end of the computer, which is located at the bottom left driver's foot-kick area. I don't know what they're talking about. if you're concerned about superchip, go with a brand that plugs into your computer. i think rescue and i have a similar one..., 60HP. I like it cuz you don't have to mod all the other stuff like exhaust, gauges, etc..

What year is yours? Ebay is a good place to look for the chip. Do a search for "powerstroke", you'll get tons of hits. Very easy to install.

Is WW on his own island now, at Ford chat boys?? I'll look and bring him back.

$169-199?? these can't be the same thing? Are they 48cc/2 stroke, shocks, etc? OR, are we talking electric toy?the ones i looked at were gas powered, like a mini-bike but built for road instead of off-road.

Old 07-27-2004, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Confused... Mine is a 97. I've been on eBay and found (as you point out) bazillions of Superchips, and the one that is touted for mine is the 1705. But... MY data port (the computer hookup) is NOT on the driver's side but just right of center under the dash about two inches right of the center air conditioner port. Because of this, I'm hesitant to order the thing unless I have a "guaranteed" 30 day return policy so I can send it back if indeed it does not work on mine. And since I DO have all the 'appropriate' gauges installed, and the 4" exhaust, I'm all set, or so I hope. I do wish I had the intercooler that came out the next year after mine. I'm not prepared to put out the bucks for the Banks intercooler for mine, though I'd LOVE to have it.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel