Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 04:14 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

New Sub Thread: Idiot Chevy Blazer Drivers.

We'll set the scene: Oceano Dunes, S.V.R.A. (aka "Pismo") Arroyo Grande Creek @ Pacific Ocean. You guys know where this is going....
Weather: Recent storms

2 Chevy Blazers
1 tow truck
1 CAT loader

A LOT of Sand

Pictures are worth several thousand words....

Album One

Album Two

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 01-10-2005, 04:35 PM
Quad Patrol

What a bunch of idiots[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and I include the guys recovering the vehicles too.... No, safety eqipment at all[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] except for the one with the orange can. They should have a swift water PFD on, a real swift water helmet, ect. Anyways, like it says "pictures are worth a thousand words"

Old 01-10-2005, 05:16 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

I guess the question is was crossing that creek the only way home? if so why they idiots they wanted to get home. and for situations like that, the diesel weight is quite advantageous. And where is the army with the portable bridge gizmos when ya need em [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2005, 05:33 PM
Quad Patrol

Festus, crossing the "creek" or in this case, the "raging river" is the only way on and off the beach/riding area. That's why if you noticed, when someone asked about ridng at Oceano/Pismo, they are always told to check out the tide schedule[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] It would be nice, if they built a bridge[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] it would also get the tree huggers off "our backs" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But then again, they would fight the "environmental report" that would be needed to construct one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and give courts another reason to close the area[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Damned if you do and Damned if you don't[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] These were just darn idiots[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]who shouldn't have tried it in the first place.

Old 01-10-2005, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

For Sale: 1989 Chevy Blazer Dune Runner. Good paint, removeable top, 4X4, Hyd. lifters[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] John Deere lift kit, tow hooks, water cooled interior, might need starter because it won't turn over. Looking for fast sale (before everything rusts off) $.50 OBO

Old 01-10-2005, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

Great pics. Reminds me of the time a drunken buddy of mine though his Bronco could cross the Colorado River down near Needles. The river won that battle too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] His co-driver, Jack Daniels, was sure it was going to make it also.

You know what- park rangers don't think that stuff is that funny but we did at the time. At least it was fresh water, not salt water

Old 01-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Air Cooled Rider

As MD said, that's the ONLY way home (or out to the riding area.) The creek usually is about 1/4 mile from where you can ride from (Pole 2). During the winter is when you have to watch out. If you go when it storms, you can be stuck out there for a few days if it's bad enough. After about May there's nothing left of it. I rmember one time I "crossed" it, then realized I was at Pole 2. It tends to stay in roughly the same place. But the storms will move it around.

Roughly the creek comes to the beach, makes a left turn and runs south for several hundred feet, not quite 1/4 mile, then makes a right turns and dumps into the ocean.

Now, if it would only make a right turn instead of a left and take out the houses...

This year Mother Nature seems hell bent on doing a little renovation of her own.

If you:

Live in a house on the side of a hill
Live in a house in a river bottom
Drive your car through a river/stream during a storm

Don't complain when you lose it.

I think they should have waited to rescue the vehicles. Of course I'm sure the Sierra Club will try and use this against them. It's not like those trucks were going anywhere. Well, the second one (beige) may have become a floating seal rock.

Two more pics Pic 1 Pick Two

Old 01-10-2005, 06:23 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: TrasherGreat pics. Reminds me of the time a drunken buddy of mine though his Bronco could cross the Colorado River down near Needles. The river won that battle too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] His co-driver, Jack Daniels, was sure it was going to make it also.

Everyone has a buddy in Jack Daniels and Bud Lite[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Originally posted by: TrasherYou know what- park rangers don't think that stuff is that funny but we did at the time. At least it was fresh water, not salt water

Where's their darn sense of humor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Water is water, doesn't matter what flavor it is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] it still kills[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2005, 06:26 PM
Quad Patrol

The guys at Glamis must really be laughing it up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Hate to get the bill on these[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] No insurance will cover them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2005, 07:29 PM
Air Cooled Rider

MD, depends on the policy. Had a friend total out a BEAUTIFUL '72 Blazer in the dunes. Covered. Won't say how much, but they low balled him based on a '73. Second go round he got about 5K more than he was hoping for. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

On the Glamis guys note...I was looking around the their site and found some stuff. Including a thread where the pics came from. There's more. A really good one that shows the erosion into the dunes. Hopefully they won't IMPORT more EUROPEAN beach grass to "stabilize" the dunes.

I came across an AWESOME video out of Alberta. It's over 4 megs but good. Audio is "Right Now."

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel