Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

yeah. It was snowing on my drive to work on 49 this morning. and thats at about 3Kft elevation..
Ill have teh winch on the quad if any snow is left over. The mounting plate arived today.

ANd the boat was taken away too. YEAAAAHHH!!!!!!!

Oh, and i almost went for a swim today. Took the quad back to the creek which is a river now behind our house and when i first dove in the water was over the lights.
The level wasnt that high but the front pushed the water up and over.
Then, as im in the middle of crossing it the quad starts moving sidways!! i was like WTF? So i went WOT and got outta there. haha

Old 03-24-2005, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

500!!!!!

Old 03-24-2005, 02:14 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
500!!!!!
Took You long enough[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] How long did it take you on your other site[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] 2 days[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] You were at over 10,000 last time you mentioned it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Did you have a pucker factor of 10[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] when you first dipped in the creek[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2005, 08:43 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: mywifesquad
RD.
plug sounds ok to me. does the idle surge or just kind of float around? Or will in just not hold a idle at all and die? You just cleaned the carb right? How old is the plug? How long would it take to put back on the stock filter/box?
The idle surges. It will hold an idle, but, way high. I can't get it to hold an idle at low rpm's. Yes, carb was just cleaned, plug is brand new, put it on with all the other goodies[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] To go back to stock would be about an hour. Have to strip her down and remove rear shock to put it all back. Luckily, I still have it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Almost threw it away[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
This is a strange one for sure. I read your other post about some people living with having to blip the throttle to make it idle. That is ridiculous to me. The only thing that would make a thumper hard to idle would be a radical cam. Pretty sure you dont have one of those in there. My only thought without looking at it personally would be the valves. Are you sure you were on the correct TDC when you adjusted the valves? How many turns out is the fuel screw at now?

Old 03-24-2005, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

500!!!!!
Took You long enough[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] How long did it take you on your other site[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] 2 days[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] You were at over 10,000 last time you mentioned it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Did you have a pucker factor of 10[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] when you first dipped in the creek[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
3 1/2 days on the other site before i reached 500. I was at 200 in the first 24 hours.. hhaa

Yeah, i started wondering wtf i had just done. haha

Old 03-24-2005, 12:12 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Sounds like me and my internet chicks. LOL

<Ques up Queen: Another One Bites the Dust>

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 03-24-2005, 12:58 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

RD.
plug sounds ok to me. does the idle surge or just kind of float around? Or will in just not hold a idle at all and die? You just cleaned the carb right? How old is the plug? How long would it take to put back on the stock filter/box?
The idle surges. It will hold an idle, but, way high. I can't get it to hold an idle at low rpm's. Yes, carb was just cleaned, plug is brand new, put it on with all the other goodies[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] To go back to stock would be about an hour. Have to strip her down and remove rear shock to put it all back. Luckily, I still have it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Almost threw it away[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
This is a strange one for sure. I read your other post about some people living with having to blip the throttle to make it idle. That is ridiculous to me. The only thing that would make a thumper hard to idle would be a radical cam. Pretty sure you dont have one of those in there. My only thought without looking at it personally would be the valves. Are you sure you were on the correct TDC when you adjusted the valves? How many turns out is the fuel screw at now?
Wow that was wierd. I clicked quote and it just posted it... hmmmm

Anyway i had this same problem with my warrior after extensive modes and a new carb and bla bl bla. symptoms the same i just bumped the pilot jet up a bit. and she purs like a kitten. you out of the adjustment range for your airscrew. so what its doin is creating a real hard suction pulling a surge of fuel reving the motor to where it needs more fuel than it can get and it dies out.... at least thats what it sounds like your talkin about. I didnt read if you tried the next size bigger pilot jet???

Old 03-24-2005, 02:43 PM
Quad Patrol

I'm positive it was TDC, I had it set up just like the picture in the manual[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] fuel screw is 2 out from where it seats.

Old 03-24-2005, 02:48 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy

Wow that was wierd. I clicked quote and it just posted it... hmmmm

Anyway i had this same problem with my warrior after extensive modes and a new carb and bla bl bla. symptoms the same i just bumped the pilot jet up a bit. and she purs like a kitten. you out of the adjustment range for your airscrew. so what its doin is creating a real hard suction pulling a surge of fuel reving the motor to where it needs more fuel than it can get and it dies out.... at least thats what it sounds like your talkin about. I didnt read if you tried the next size bigger pilot jet???
Well, for a Post Ho[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I'm sure the computer system knows EXACTLY, what you want to do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Festus, No I didn't try the next size jet. So, I take it the jets go up higher in number, as the the size increases? So, if I have a dyno jet #134 in now, do you know the next size? 138? I have sizes 130, 126 and 122.

Old 03-24-2005, 02:49 PM
Quad Patrol

500!!!!!

3 1/2 days on the other site before i reached 500. I was at 200 in the first 24 hours.. hhaa

Definately a Post Ho with Festus[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel