Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

What are ya doing throwing a winch on a 400? Looks a bit funny with the sand tires and all. What's next? Maybe a snorkel or a gun rack?
I'm kinda like OFC when it comes to ridin the sport bikes. Just hammer down and power through it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

You gotta get one of those fine Polaris 4x's that Hoss has. That winch would look mighty fine hangin down in front of that puppy

Old 02-15-2005, 04:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Trasher
What are ya doing throwing a winch on a 400? Looks a bit funny with the sand tires and all. What's next? Maybe a snorkel or a gun rack?
I'm kinda like OFC when it comes to ridin the sport bikes. Just hammer down and power through it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

You gotta get one of those fine Polaris 4x's that Hoss has. That winch would look mighty fine hangin down in front of that puppy
is "OFC" another name for Festus?? I spent all day behind a guy on a Polaris 700. He kept getting stuck. too wide and heavy + crummy tires. So i guess yer right, a day of winching woulda helped him with the stuff i was driving thru.

you CA sand-dudes..... we could all use a scabbard !!

Old 02-15-2005, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider

Yes- OFC is short for Festus, One Fly Cowboy, or whatever he's called this week.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

He has more names and avatars than Hoss ever did[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] What do expect from a post Ho[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-15-2005, 02:43 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mstrquad
Originally posted by: rescuediver
Anyways, I fabricated a winch bracket for the Z400. I think, when I'm done, it will work and look great[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I do need to get a hawse roller for it, so, I can finish the fabrication and mount the winch. I posted pictures, just waiting for the program to cycle through to approve them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
please dont rear end me on the trail that well hurt. need to mount the roler to fr bumper.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I wouldn't do something like that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Here's what I'll be putting on the front[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

hawse fairlead

Old 02-15-2005, 02:50 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
great job on the bracket MD, how ya gonna put the fairlead on there?
Thanks Confused[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I have a couple ideas[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] but, need to get the fairlead to exactly figure out how to mount it. That's why, it's still in the fabrication process[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-15-2005, 03:01 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher

I've tried powering through some stuff and didn't make it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Needed a winch or had to be pulled through it. I like the versatility that it adds to the quad. Granted it does look kinda funny with sand tires on it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] but, it will look better(I think) when I'm done with it.
I don't foresee a snorkel on it, but, a gun rack[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] hhmmmm, I do have a kolpin gun boot in the garage[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Someday, I'll have a utility quad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer

you CA sand-dudes..... we could all use a scabbard !!

Nothing wrong with sand[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It's probably my favorite riding[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] But, now that I've given my daughter the mojave, which doubled as my hunting quad, I will need to make due with the Z400. Let's just say, someday, you might see it holdong up a deer/elk/or boar[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-15-2005, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

Well hello boys and girls,

It's been one hell of ride the past couple of months...I'm not even going to attempt to go back and read all the worthless garbage that you guys have strewn about.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I've been working out of town during the week and going home on the weekends. Plus, I've been trying to figure out all the politics of a new company. I'm glad I have a new employer, but it's been quite stressful...as you can imagine.

We are in the process of selling our home and looking for a new one.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] It has been quite hard to find a place that we like. This part of Utah is...well, let's say...economically challenged. Trailer parks are quite common. But, there are tons of places to ride the POLARIS!!!!!!

Oh, and is Skinner still a V_rgin? or did he get lucky over the past month that I have been gone?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

BTW, thanks Confusedashell, MD, and dbeck. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-16-2005, 12:27 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Whitewater
Well hello boys and girls,

It's been one hell of ride the past couple of months...I'm not even going to attempt to go back and read all the worthless garbage that you guys have strewn about.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I've been working out of town during the week and going home on the weekends. Plus, I've been trying to figure out all the politics of a new company. I'm glad I have a new employer, but it's been quite stressful...as you can imagine.

We are in the process of selling our home and looking for a new one.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] It has been quite hard to find a place that we like. This part of Utah is...well, let's say...economically challenged. Trailer parks are quite common. But, there are tons of places to ride the POLARIS!!!!!!

Oh, and is Skinner still a V_rgin? or did he get lucky over the past month that I have been gone?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

BTW, thanks Confusedashell, MD, and dbeck. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Well hello there Hoss[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Worthless garbage[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I'm shocked that you would think that's all we post here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] there's a lot of, ok, there is some good information in there somewhere, you just have to be able to read it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Politics[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I love jumping in with both feet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Sometimes, I think about becoming a politician[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Economically challenged[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Well, with all those wives to support, I can understand why[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Isn't riding what Utah is all about[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]I always thought so.

Can't tell you about Skinner[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]Haven't held his hand lately[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

And, your welcome[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Next time, make sure the bail amount is a little lower[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Hey, Welcome back[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

MD

Old 02-16-2005, 12:52 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Welcome back to you too Hoss....

I just can't find any naughtly little Mormon girls around here. But then again maybe I should look harder. Maybe I'll go hang out at the church down the street and try and find one.

At least it's going to warm up here in the next couple months. The young ladies start taking off their winter clothes for more ummm cooler attire. Just got watch out...don't want MD coming by "on business."

Heading out to Hollister this weekend with a group. MD and LJ are supposed to go. Hopefully they'll be there. Might need LJ's 4x4 and MD's winch to pull me out of a mud hole. LOL. I can't wait to hit Rancho Road. It's always a nice slippery chunky mess. I'm just not following LJ...that HURT last time. Gotta take the tire in tomorrow to get remounted (and cleaned up.)

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-16-2005, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

Look what the cat drug in. Hoss is back![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Sounds like you've been busy with all the changes. Moving isn't fun at all and a new job just adds to the mix.

Trailer trash is all around ya? Maybe festus might make a run down to find a new alley cat.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Welcome back[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel