Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 02:51 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Yeah, i started wondering wtf i had just done. haha
Sounds like me and my internet chicks. LOL

<Ques up Queen: Another One Bites the Dust>
LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Have you been out of country yet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] to get that bride though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]Ohterwise, your just toying with them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2005, 03:08 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally posted by: rescuediver

I'm positive it was TDC, I had it set up just like the picture in the manual[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] fuel screw is 2 out from where it seats.
From what I know you can go out up to 3 turns before you should change a jet. OFC is most likely on the right track though. He has a bit of experience with modded thumpers. Definitely not my specialty.

Old 03-24-2005, 03:10 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Well, for a Post Ho[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I'm sure the computer system knows EXACTLY, what you want to do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Festus, No I didn't try the next size jet. So, I take it the jets go up higher in number, as the the size increases? So, if I have a dyno jet #134 in now, do you know the next size? 138? I have sizes 130, 126 and 122.
yes they get bigger as the number gets bigger. But souds like your talkin about main jets. Im talkin the pilot jet. the mains only affect 3/4 to wide open the nidle is the middle 1/8 to 3/4 and pilot is your idle area. like my raptor had 22.5 pilots stock and now i have 25 pilots in it. i cant remember what pilots i have in the warrior. the main is like a 260 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] she's a drunk and not on alcohol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2005, 03:12 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

You want a bigger pilot jet MD. It will be like around 45 or so, I think. It's really small. There's the Main Jet (which is the 138 or whatever it was) and the Pilot Jet. If you're flowing a lot of air, you'll want a bigger Main as well. The jet kit might be basing numbers on the stock airbox, and not the open filter, which will flow more air.

Oh, and if you're going to run an open air box at Miami tell you girl to be VERY careful and no splashing through puddles. Took us a long time to get a LT250R started after the Outerwears got soaked. Ended up ditching the Outerwears and running an open filter back to staging. If you have access to one, might want to bring an extra with you. Just In Case you get one wet. It will keep the main filter dry.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 03-24-2005, 03:14 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mywifesquad

I'm positive it was TDC, I had it set up just like the picture in the manual[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] fuel screw is 2 out from where it seats.
From what I know you can go out up to 3 turns before you should change a jet. OFC is most likely on the right track though. He has a bit of experience with modded thumpers. Definitely not my specialty.
Yea, what he said, does make a "little" sense[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2005, 03:14 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

A 260 on a Warrior? Holy Cow! A stock is like 155. What is that beast, a 400?

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 03-24-2005, 03:18 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Well, for a Post Ho[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I'm sure the computer system knows EXACTLY, what you want to do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Festus, No I didn't try the next size jet. So, I take it the jets go up higher in number, as the the size increases? So, if I have a dyno jet #134 in now, do you know the next size? 138? I have sizes 130, 126 and 122.
yes they get bigger as the number gets bigger. But souds like your talkin about main jets. Im talkin the pilot jet. the mains only affect 3/4 to wide open the nidle is the middle 1/8 to 3/4 and pilot is your idle area. like my raptor had 22.5 pilots stock and now i have 25 pilots in it. i cant remember what pilots i have in the warrior. the main is like a 260 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] she's a drunk and not on alcohol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
You are correect[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] My BAD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I can only assume it has the stock pilot jet in it. I haven't changed it, myself. I'm looking for what stock is. Guess it's a trip to the dealer and see, then go one UP.

Old 03-24-2005, 03:20 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

The LTD 454 is a 62hp stock motor. not to shabby. it is liquid cooled but has a small radiator. an R6 could be stuffed in for the 115+hp mark and its liquid too. the EX500 motor can do about 70hp. I dunno. there as so many options. prolly whatever i come across. but those parralel twins woud sound sweet in the quad

Old 03-24-2005, 03:24 PM
Quad Patrol

You want a bigger pilot jet MD. It will be like around 45 or so, I think. It's really small. There's the Main Jet (which is the 138 or whatever it was) and the Pilot Jet. If you're flowing a lot of air, you'll want a bigger Main as well. The jet kit might be basing numbers on the stock airbox, and not the open filter, which will flow more air.

Oh, and if you're going to run an open air box at Miami tell you girl to be VERY careful and no splashing through puddles. Took us a long time to get a LT250R started after the Outerwears got soaked. Ended up ditching the Outerwears and running an open filter back to staging. If you have access to one, might want to bring an extra with you. Just In Case you get one wet. It will keep the main filter dry.
The kit had a set up fordifferent configurations[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So, according to k&n filter and aftermarket exhaust[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] it calls for #134[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Thanks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] for the information about Miami[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I have a feeling, it's going to be just her and I. She was running through the creek at Carnegie last week[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Went through them umpteen times[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] (is that a word[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) and no problems[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But, maybe I should get a second outerwear. Just in case[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Well off to the stealership.......

I'll post my finding later[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2005, 03:25 PM
Quad Patrol

A 260 on a Warrior? Holy Cow! A stock is like 155. What is that beast, a 400?
You know Ol' Festus[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] He doesn't care what size they are[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel