Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 03:33 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Had a blast running with LJ today. 60 miles always makes a nice day. Course they didn't have the tower open when we go there. lol. Oh well.

Ack...anyone else here get sunburnt? Me...OMG...I walk outside to the mailbox and I'm burning. Ok...not THAT bad. Got toasted last weekend...now I'm freaking pealing! Of course the tan is what's pealing off. I swear...I can't win.
That's quite a few miles you guys put on today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] How were the trails? Was the tower closed due to snow?
Just hasn't opened up for the season. Usually open Memorial Weekend. Lot's of snow earlier, then they had to clear the trees that go down every year.

I get sun burned too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Last week I almost blistered on the nose[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Need to remember to put sun screen on.
It really sucks. I look funny now...I'm pealing near my elbows. Kinda wish it would all just peel off in one big hunk of skin. LOL

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-26-2005, 05:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Went up to beasore rd today. The summit is at 7200ft. .
with an elev like that, do ya suppose they named that road after how your bum feels going up and down it on a quad?

Old 06-26-2005, 05:43 AM
Pro Rider

[i]Originally posted by: rescuediver

You remember correctly[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'm thinking of getting a 5th wheel. If I do, don't feel like taking the campershell on and off[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]everytime I want to back up to the trailer. But, I like a covered bed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hear lately though, I've been thinking of getting a pull toy hauler. I'm sooooooooo confused[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
i have the roll cover and it's great. i like the roll and stack aswell, as it's a hard shell, and more water proof. with these 2, you rarely ever have to revove them when moving anything higher than the box rail, like a COUCH! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] you could definitely leave it on when you haul a 5th wheel. The tonneau covers are a pain, and impractical.

Old 06-26-2005, 05:47 AM
Pro Rider

[i]Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] yeah its all water under the bridge.. One of my friends gota DUI on monday for a 0.088 and the police officer was setting across the street and followed her when she left... They do that crap up here all the time. When my uncle got his.. same thing cop sitting across the road and made up some chit to pull him over. I have the utmost respect for em but it pisses me off on the drinkin chit that they just pull ya over and make up some reason why they did that aint what happend.. since they have a good probability ya been drinkin so since the DUI enforcement is such a big gig round these parts they get away with BS.. heck there is an officer locally that is under investigation for just recycling reports. multiple people getting tried on the exact same report. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] thats like mine i think i have a copy of it around here somewhere i should scan it and send it to you. Its like the best freakin report to hang a guy. and its a bunch of crap. there is some serious pressure on the officers for DUI conviction so i can see why they do it but its still wrong.
up here you'd have a super tough time getting a conviction on .088 (our legal limit is .08). actually, the prosecutor (same as your DA) prolly wouldn't waste his time on it and it'd never see the light of a courtroom.

Old 06-26-2005, 05:51 AM
Pro Rider

[i]Originally posted by: rescuediver
He's headed to Princess Canadian Resort or something similiar to it. Thought maybe you had been there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
around here, we call that a jail cell. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] that's our "princess resort".

Old 06-26-2005, 06:08 AM
Pro Rider

[i]Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy

Confusious i told you clear back in March that i was heading to the Canadian Princess No excuses. once we arrive we will have a couple relaxing hours of beer drinkin by the airport should be nice.
so ya fly outta Vancouver Airport, or the south terminal? I've driven to Ucelet (pronounced yew-kew-let). on the way there's an old growth giant redwood forest worth stopping at, short hike to check it out. it requires a ferry from here to Vancouver Island and then a long winding drive to Ucelet, so i could see why you'd fly instead. that, plus you guys are loaded with $$, so i can see why you'd fly in. Tofino is right there (at Ucelet), and that's where our "Longbeach" is located. that entire area is huge for whale watching. it's also crawling with tree-hugging, unemployed eco-leaches. so it's prolly a good thing you'll be staying on the yacht.

Old 06-26-2005, 06:09 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Trasher
Buy one on line-might save some bucks. The IH one is listed as being a little cheaper too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Like PS typed earlier- does the tach needle bounce when starting? It gets it's signal from the CPS and if it's not working it won't move in most cases. Check this first. Good luck!!
what's an "IH" one?

well, our big atv club poker ride is this weekend. 1st prize is a NEW Honda 350 4x4 quad. 2nd prize is a 2-seater Daizon dune buggy. i should be there, but i'm not. so..., went out and bought an 11', 1994 Caribou camper yesterday. it was a smokin deal that i couldn't resist. lookin for an enclosed toy-hauler trailer to tow behind it. might ditch the trailer and quad deck.

Old 06-26-2005, 06:37 AM
Pro Rider

BTW, you should see my battery set-up...D-8 Cat battery!! this thing is HUGE!!

Old 06-26-2005, 02:56 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
what's an "IH" one?
International Harvester. The company that actually makes the PSD.

The Big 3 is smart in that they let companies that have been building diesels for years build their diesels for them. Though Isuzu (Duramax) is owned by GM.

Old 06-26-2005, 02:59 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Went up to beasore rd today. The summit is at 7200ft. .
with an elev like that, do ya suppose they named that road after how your bum feels going up and down it on a quad?
Beasore has been around a LOT longer than quads. Used to be a one lane logging road. At some point the widened it and paved it. Now, it's not a bad drive...just windier than a **** and kinda on the steep side. It loops up around to the Wilderness near Yosemite over to Mammoth Pool Res. and meets up with Mammoth Pool Rd.

Though I'm completely suprised they got Tioga Rd (eastern route into Yosemite from Lee Vining (US-395)) open already. I figured it wouldn't be open until the beginning of July. Though they may have just opened it up.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel