Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 01:13 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: Trasher
[After reading Creator's reply, I'm going to stay with the clamp. Didin't think about aluminum[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] And that is one metal I plan on "TRYING" to weld[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Thanks MD

Get two bottles of gas. One a mix and one straight argon for the alum. Make sure you get different tips and wire too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I know about the different wires and tips. Thanks though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Can you hook up both the bottles and just turn them off, when they are not needed? Or, is it best to just disconnect them all together when not in use[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-17-2005, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

I've never seen that "two bottle" set up that your talking about but it could work if you had hoses links together. just never seen it though..... not saying it hasn't been done before

Old 05-17-2005, 01:22 AM
Quad Patrol

Welcome back Hoss[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Is this a once every other month or so visit?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Sounds like you do have your hands full[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Do you have anytime for riding? Or, is it all taken up by the house, work, WIFE[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and kids[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Upgrading to a new truck sounds good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Will it be the new 6.0? I like the new Banks 6 pack for the 6.0[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] dial the power you need[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] no programming, I like that

Old 05-17-2005, 01:37 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
I've never seen that "two bottle" set up that your talking about but it could work if you had hoses links together. just never seen it though..... not saying it hasn't been done before
I sent a reply once[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Must be in cyper space[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Hmmm, I'll have to see if there is a valve for a double set up. That way, just shut them off when they are not needed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Any tips on welding stainless and aluminum? Haven't welded those two before. Getting ready to make a gas can rack for my brother's jeep. Told him I could move my projects around for a price[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-17-2005, 05:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey Hoss 'ol buddy, good to hear from ya. should i even get started cuz you prolly won't read this or reply anyways? well, it seems there was this cute flock of sheep... Naw, forget it. did someone say BC bud? I'm sure we're the pot growing capital of North America. so nice to have the HA's and Vietnamese gangs on your streets, competing for control of the trade. we wouldn't have this problem if there wasn't such a huge market for it in the NBA.

speaking of NBA, you guys ever heard of Steve Nash? He's from Vancouver Island (same place as Pamela Anderson, Diana Krall, and Kim Cattrall). man, you guys are really getting overrun with Canadians. hee-hee-hee-hee!!

MD, i wish i knew the answers to your welding woes, cuz that'd mean I know about it from experience. one area i'd like to learn about. wife wants me to take a night school course to learn it.

hoss, i hear ya on home renos. i got one bathroom left to gut, and our 50+ y/o house will be new inside, and up for sale. but i'm confused. you sell an expensive home in an affluent area. you move to the stix to be at one with sheep and nature, with same pay or more, new job, cheaper area to live. so why'd you take on a reno home? why not new or newer?? and since YOU dragged your happy family away to live amoungst YOUR $#@&^** rotten kin, why aren't they there helping? (do i sound like a fly on the wall from your house??)

Old 05-17-2005, 05:30 AM
Pro Rider

awww, man!! must be late! this is my brain on post 1:00AM posts...zzzzzzzzzzzzz!! I mean , it was right there and i was slow and missed it! like stepping in dog do. huh, what am i talkin about? Hoss of course! he's been responsible for some of my best material. and i missed the obvious... 9 ROOMS!!!! DUH!! one for the kids, and the other 8 for all the new wives in your new/old hometown. no wonder you were itching to get back and wife was so reluctant. DUH!! apparently my momma raised one stupid kid that lived!!

and i wuz thinkin of ya this AM WW. An article in our local paper about a 17 y/o girl out WW rafting with a group of 12-13 y/o girls. raft capsizes, she helps save 2 of the girls until rescuers can get them. apparently they can only get 2 at a time. they come back for the 17 y/o and she's drowned. this 17 y/o was volunterring to help out. she was a Brownies leader, coached girl's ringette, tutored other kids, was accepted to Engineering school; a completely selfless person at such a young age where here peers worry about getting Britney tickets and whether that cute hunk thinks she's sexy or not. what a tragedy to loose someone like that, who died giving her life to save 2 kids, selflessly. THAT, my friends, is true heroism. not doing what you're paid to do and having an unforeseen series of events take you away.

what really PO'ed me is that it happpened on the Elaho river on a spot called the Devil's Elbow. WHat's that mean? read back about 4000 posts when WW used to post regularly. This is the EXACT same spot where 5 US businessmen met their makers in about 1987, in a rafting disaster. what a tragic waste.

Old 05-17-2005, 07:41 AM
Pro Rider

Bah. You think youre posting late? Its 3:30 here.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 05-17-2005, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider

Hoss bashing? Now that’s what I have been missing. ? I’ve missed bashing everyone else. ?

This new job and move has sent me for a spin. But now I’m getting into the swing of things.

The home is 12 years old (which is relatively new), but needed some new colors and less wallpaper, etc. Most of the rooms are getting new carpet, fresh paint, and trim (crown, base, chair rail, etc.). The big job is the bathroom (300 ft2 of tile, new counter top, new toilet, new shower door, new lighting, new fixtures, paint, etc.). And no, my family has not offered to help out. I think I saw more of my siblings when I lived 150 miles away. And yes, all my wives have thier own room.

I’ve been out riding a couple of times (this area is ATV heaven). We actually have ATV routes in my town and surrounding towns.

Well, duty calls…

Old 05-17-2005, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

hoss, the atving sounds awesome. 300' sq WOW!! you tiling wall to ceiling, plus ceiling?? in my bathroom, i'm puttting down heating wire under the floor tile. i did it in one other area. there's nuthin nicer than heat radiating up thru ceramic tile. i wish i had hot water radiant heat. definitely something I'd do if i had a choice in my home plan.

Old 05-17-2005, 01:25 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

WoW... ol hoss remembered how to use a puter... I was beginin to think ya'll didnt have power out there or somthin [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel