Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 11:26 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: Trasher
Those darn green, double underlined words are back again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
Go back and find LJ's post on the cure for that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 04-12-2006, 11:41 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

We've got a bench at the shop that works pretty good. The boss' brother in law owns a machine/fab shop and they built it (well they did the fab, welding from our design). IIRC 1/2" steel 4x8 plate on top. 6x6 square tube legs, err, maybe 4x4. Flange plates on the bottom for 6" castors (2 static and 2 swivel). Receptacles at all four corners. Just roll it wherever you need her, plug in and go to town. I guess it's not uncommon to find welders using it. We've got it for doing rigid pipe work. Have a 1/2"-2" RIGID threader, bench-top grinder, RIGID pipe clamp thing and a big @ss vise. We were going to put a drill-press on it. Boss ordered a 48" bench-top press. We took one look at it and realized that onle one guy in the shop would be tall enough to actually reach the handle. LOL Needless to say she's a bit heavy.
That sounds great B&RW. It does sound a little heavy. how you been?
I've been ok. Been trying to shake a bug since the end of March. Been over 2 weeks I've had this. Haven't ridden since Pres. Day weekend. Supposed to head over to Clear Creek for the day in a couple weeks. The Sunday after this. Hopefully it gets just a little bit of rain to keep the asbes...err...dust down. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Other then that just workin. Doing a job from hell down in LaLa Land.

The boss has whored me out as a draftsman to this client. 240 hrs of drawing stuff for them. About 180 left. Right now it's not too bad. But I just can't wait. It's a large multi-national company, and as such they have to do things REALLY WEIRD! Friggin Excel worksheet just so you can figure out how the hell to name a drawing. A lot of the drawing is looking like its' going to be schematics for controls.

Well it's time to head off to work. Have to work our butts off today. Flying down tomorrow, I think, to have a meeting. OH JOY! My boss has the right idea: build another building from scratch and tear this one down.

Old 04-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider

Those darn green, double underlined words are back again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
Go back and find LJ's post on the cure for that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I did that but their back again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 04-12-2006, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

Both[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I had no more than 2 putts on any hole all day[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
drive for show...putt for dough! REMEMBER THAT!! more than half your strokes come from in in close. my putting is okay, but my chipping is embarassingly atrocious.

Old 04-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I just had the day from hell. Went to work at 0400 to get some "real work" done, and a contractor cut his damn thumb off...lifeflight had to airlift him to Salt Lake City. Sheesh...

We have an overhaul in a week, and I think I'm going to have a nervous breakdown. We are shutting a unit down for 5 weeks of maintenance...which means I'll have 1,000 contractors crawling all over the place.

I think I need wifey to "relieve" some stress for me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2006, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Whitewater
Well, I just had the day from hell. Went to work at 0400 to get some "real work" done, and a contractor cut his damn thumb off...lifeflight had to airlift him to Salt Lake City. Sheesh...

We have an overhaul in a week, and I think I'm going to have a nervous breakdown. We are shutting a unit down for 5 weeks of maintenance...which means I'll have 1,000 contractors crawling all over the place.

I think I need wifey to "relieve" some stress for me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You didn't cut your thumb off so what's wrong with your right hand or are you a switch hitter[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2006, 02:05 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: nedflanders

yep, the gate does need some Tremclad. I didn't think that'd show up in the pics. very observant. It's actually a really heavy duty, fancy gate. the containers are awesome. they make great storage sheds, and they're up NOW (as opposed to building sheds which takes forever). I can dress em up later.
I was a trained observer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

You need to have the kids spray some graffitti, I mean flowers on the side of those containers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] liven the place up a bit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2006, 02:07 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Originally posted by: rescuediver

Sounds great[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] have your machines arrived yet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

We made a surprise run out to Carnegie Sunday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Brother in law came out from Chicago for the weekend and wanted to go riding[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Outside of a little drizzle, it was a really nice day[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
NO! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] No one wants to move machines in the rain.

We finally pulled the WR apart after the Gordons Well trip. It holed a piston but didnt seem to do any other damage. It should be running in a couple of weeks. I need to go riding real bad!
COme on, don't they come in a covered trailer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

With all this rain, I thought for sure you wouldn't see any orange on that KTM[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2006, 06:11 AM
Air Cooled Rider

I did that but their back again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
Hmm. not sure what to say. You do have cookies enabled right? If you don't accept them, or they are disabled, you're screwed.

Old 04-13-2006, 06:18 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: Whitewater

Let's see....I got up at 4:30. got to work about 8. Got a call from my mom that she had the dog at the vet. So I take off for an hour to go tot he vet. The dog has a tumor in his stomach that's probably the size of a cantelope, maybe a grapefruit. (Doing blood work to find out if he's got any other problems so they can decide if surgery is a viable option.) Got back to work and was there until 1:20...this morning. So yeah, I feel your pain.

And there's nothing open at 1:30am around here except for Denny's. So I'm grubbing on some SPAM sandwiches while catching up. To top this off, tomorrow I'll probably be heading down to La at noon. Who the hell knows what time we'll get back.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel