Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 02:36 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: powerstroke01

I vote that as the most colorfull post evAr. !!11!!
LMFAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Thanks LJ, I needed that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-28-2005, 03:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: rescuediver
I have 2 cases that come to mind, where fellow officers turned in officers or deputies that were breaking the law under color of authority[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Both faced their day in court. One was aquitted, the other pled guilty. So, don't tell me we cover things up. I'm off the subject[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
so for every time one turned another in, you don't think just maybe another DIDN't turn someone in (x100)? I remember several shots I took from cops for being a scrawny kid. never lipped off, or provoked it. just a case of a bully knowing he can get away with it and abusing power. what was i gonna do? take a poke back?! I may be dumb, but i'm not stupid!

well, i got ya all riled up so that's a start. not what i think at all of CA, i just had to push your buttons.You need to re-read my post cuz i was SUPPORTING law enforcement when i said our guys mildly beat the POS drug dealers (RK was close to the same i think). I think the fellow officer who ratted on them is worse than the guy they beat up. AND my comment about ...walk a mile..?? I wouldn't want to have to deal with the lowest of lowlifes in the way the system expects ya to do it. Knowing they'll face no consequence would incite me to want to mete out some of my own justice.

I thot the Peterson case was a slam dunk. where was the risk of him getting off?altho they prolly thot the same of OJ. I don't think the DA (or prosecutors) are inferior lawyers, but the system is stacked WAY against them. AND, they have a ridiculous case load (altho maybe not on the really high-profile cases). and knowing the lack of brains of SOME (not all) juries, makes me terrified to think my fate could rest with them (criminally, or civily).

as for the lib media.... yer right. remember the story of my uncle who was in an armistice day parade in WA state, after WW1 (like 1917?)?[ya, he was a stud; married my 20 y/o aunt when he was 60!] anyways, he was shot by a communist, aswell as 1-2 other soldiers. i guess the communists were kinda big back then.... i dunno the whole political climate. after my uncle died in 1981, we found some old newspaper articles describing the event. he had always told us he was shot DURING the war! anywho, the paper very matter-of-factly described the events at the parade and what ensued, with no spin, gloss or opinion. Basically, the 2 suspects were taken to the local jail. a mob scene ensued and they took the 2 suspects out of the jail (hec, everyone at the parade saw who the shooters were), CASTRATED them, and then hung them from a bridge! NOW there's good 'ol frontier justice! and the ONE article we read just reported it, never criticized or dressed it up. we never saw the rest of the ensuing newspaper articles... maybe i should try and read the old archives one day from Centralia/Chehalis newspapers. (this was actually in Doty, which is now almost a ghost-town, but they may have had their own newspaper back then). i'd be curious to see what else was said or followed up.

and none of the kids needed trauma counselling, they just learned a lesson from a real-life experience. if that same thing happened today, all those bleeding hearts would be front and center.

Old 06-28-2005, 03:38 AM
Pro Rider

[i]Originally posted by: rescuediver

I talk to her every once in awhile[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Especially seeing Hoss has been away[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

You just need to break down and buy an actual "toy trailer" maybe I'll suggest that next time the misses and I talk[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Our camp trailer has those "goofy" bolts. You can put lug nuts on them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] if you really wanted too.
ya you stooge, you left your PSD keys on my night stand![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

seriously, you have bolts for the wheels (not studs and lugs)? are they 4-bolt, or 5? any problems? are they 3500 lb axles? what year is your trailer? I'm guessing from the VIN that this one is an '87.

Old 06-28-2005, 03:47 AM
Pro Rider

OH! wait a sec! I do have one HUGE problem with DAs and prosecutors. basically, they decide whether a charge should be laid, and taken to trial. so if some POS threatens me or my family and it's clear i defended myself, there should be no charge. I did society a favor. it is not in the best interests of anyone to follow up or charge. they need to have the cajoles to say, "this isn't a crime and we're not proceeding any further. THE END." Instead, they listen to the cries and whines of the civil libertarians who side with the poor criminal.

i.e. If you "accidentally" discharged your entire firearm into the head of Peterson, i think you should get a medal, and NO CHARGE!

Old 06-28-2005, 04:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
hey OFC, how was Canada? cold? so whaddya catch? and if it was crabs....ya got them from one of yer alley-cats [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
RFLMFAO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] That was a good one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].
How bout it FlyBoy.......got them crabs still [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] hehehehehehehehe

Hey Confused,
If ya go with an enclosed trailer, I'd really consider and Quadcycle[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] (aka snowmobile) trailer.
That's what I decided on and am glad I did.
No wheelwells on the inside sure make it easier to pack in the quads.
The front loading ramp is nice when you want to back the trailer into a spot where you can't unload from the rear.
I've had to do that a couple time and it worked out great.
The trailer sits up high enough you can build storage boxes underneath the deck, with an access door inside through the floor or even outside if you want.
Mine is a 25' Interstate. I can fit 6 full size quads in mine, nose to butt without piggy backing them, and still have the front "V" area to put other stuff.

Good Luck

Kids can always sleep in the enclosed, or as mine will want to do soon, they can sleep in a tent outside if the weather is decent.

When ya making a trip down South this way again???????????????????

Old 06-28-2005, 12:23 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I have 2 cases that come to mind, where fellow officers turned in officers or deputies that were breaking the law under color of authority[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Both faced their day in court. One was aquitted, the other pled guilty. So, don't tell me we cover things up. I'm off the subject[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I think that's why we as a society hold LE more accountable. They should "know better."

I do think that we second guess LE a bit much. Esp. the case of that nutjob last year who took out the two officers. Used to be there was never anything other than eyewitness statements to say what happened. Now, with video, there's that, but does it really show the entire story? Ok, we can see a bunch of guys standing around someone else on the ground with nighsticks...but we have no idea what's being said.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-28-2005, 12:39 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I thot the Peterson case was a slam dunk. where was the risk of him getting off?altho they prolly thot the same of OJ. I don't think the DA (or prosecutors) are inferior lawyers, but the system is stacked WAY against them. AND, they have a ridiculous case load (altho maybe not on the really high-profile cases). and knowing the lack of brains of SOME (not all) juries, makes me terrified to think my fate could rest with them (criminally, or civily).
There was a ton of circumstantial evidence on Peterson and not a whole lot of direct evidence, i.e. smoking gun. It was huge on the news every day here. Amber Frei (I think that's how that twit's name is spelled) is from my area and Peterson used to sell stuff around here (coworkers "wife" knew him professionally). There was evidence that he was at the crime scene(s): his home and the S.F. Bay. His alibi was hokey (wrong kind of bait for what he was fishing for and that type of fish isn't in the area where he was fishing in the Bay), the concrete anchors for a boat nobody knew he owned and the affair with Twit.

It was actually a lot like the OJ case. Just that OJ had several million dollars at his disposal to create at least a reasonable doubt in the minds of 12 people. Actually...it only takes one, but in that case the verdict was unanimous anything else is a hung jury and results in a mistrial and re-trial. LAPD really screwed up on that case.

From what I heard Modesto PD did a pretty good job with the case.

There's a case where I live that's still pending, or at least some of it is, that was bungled. The body was released for cremation before the defense was able to examine it. I think the prime suspect's boyfriend plead out. She's still waiting trial. While her ex-husband was still alive they stuffed him into a 55 gallon drum and dumped acid on him and put the drum into a self-storage unit. Though I could be mistaken. We had 4 murder events that year in Clovis. 3 double homicides and one single. The single was the one I'm talking about. ALL of them were domestic violence type of cases. Or it might have been one less double. Freak year though.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-28-2005, 07:05 PM
Quad Patrol

so for every time one turned another in, you don't think just maybe another DIDN't turn someone in (x100)? I remember several shots I took from cops for being a scrawny kid. never lipped off, or provoked it. just a case of a bully knowing he can get away with it and abusing power. what was i gonna do? take a poke back?! I may be dumb, but i'm not stupid!

well, i got ya all riled up so that's a start. not what i think at all of CA, i just had to push your buttons.You need to re-read my post cuz i was SUPPORTING law enforcement when i said our guys mildly beat the POS drug dealers (RK was close to the same i think). I think the fellow officer who ratted on them is worse than the guy they beat up. AND my comment about ...walk a mile..?? I wouldn't want to have to deal with the lowest of lowlifes in the way the system expects ya to do it. Knowing they'll face no consequence would incite me to want to mete out some of my own justice.

as for the lib media.... yer right. remember the story of my uncle who was in an armistice day parade in WA state, after WW1 (like 1917?)?[ya, he was a stud; married my 20 y/o aunt when he was 60!] anyways, he was shot by a communist, aswell as 1-2 other soldiers. i guess the communists were kinda big back then.... i dunno the whole political climate. after my uncle died in 1981, we found some old newspaper articles describing the event. he had always told us he was shot DURING the war! anywho, the paper very matter-of-factly described the events at the parade and what ensued, with no spin, gloss or opinion. Basically, the 2 suspects were taken to the local jail. a mob scene ensued and they took the 2 suspects out of the jail (hec, everyone at the parade saw who the shooters were), CASTRATED them, and then hung them from a bridge! NOW there's good 'ol frontier justice! and the ONE article we read just reported it, never criticized or dressed it up. we never saw the rest of the ensuing newspaper articles... maybe i should try and read the old archives one day from Centralia/Chehalis newspapers. (this was actually in Doty, which is now almost a ghost-town, but they may have had their own newspaper back then). i'd be curious to see what else was said or followed up.

and none of the kids needed trauma counselling, they just learned a lesson from a real-life experience. if that same thing happened today, all those bleeding hearts would be front and center.

PUSH MY BUTTONS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] YOY WERE STOMPING ON MY HEAD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] And then ,for the HECK OF IT, YOU gave me a SWIFT KICK in the PRECIOUS GENITILES[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I saw where you posted you were "supporting law enforcement"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I just am a little touching on the cover -up whining[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] We are not in the pre 70's era. We have evolved[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Now, as a whole, there are bad apples in L.E.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] We try to weed them out, unfortunately we can't get them all. Now, does it happen, Sure it does. To the extent your insinuating?? I don't think so. One thing that has been taught to me since I've been around L.E. (which dates back to 1982) is NO ONE is going to pay your bills, mortgage or take care of your family[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] while you do time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] for covering up a fellow officer's illegal acts. I've seen to many guys loose their careers because they did stupid things[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] And rightfully so[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-28-2005, 07:43 PM
Quad Patrol

[i]Originally posted by: rescuediver

I talk to her every once in awhile[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Especially seeing Hoss has been away[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

You just need to break down and buy an actual "toy trailer" maybe I'll suggest that next time the misses and I talk[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Our camp trailer has those "goofy" bolts. You can put lug nuts on them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] if you really wanted too.
ya you stooge, you left your PSD keys on my night stand![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

seriously, you have bolts for the wheels (not studs and lugs)? are they 4-bolt, or 5? any problems? are they 3500 lb axles? what year is your trailer? I'm guessing from the VIN that this one is an '87.
Dang it! I've been looking for them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] You know how expensive it is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] to get replacement keys[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Yea, seriously[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It's a 5 bolt pattern, I think the axles are 3,500 lbs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] The bolts get torqued to 90-95 lbs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Only down side to them is, there is no stud(s) to help mount the tire[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-28-2005, 07:47 PM
Quad Patrol

OH! wait a sec! I do have one HUGE problem with DAs and prosecutors. basically, they decide whether a charge should be laid, and taken to trial. so if some POS threatens me or my family and it's clear i defended myself, there should be no charge. I did society a favor. it is not in the best interests of anyone to follow up or charge. they need to have the cajoles to say, "this isn't a crime and we're not proceeding any further. THE END." Instead, they listen to the cries and whines of the civil libertarians who side with the poor criminal.

i.e. If you "accidentally" discharged your entire firearm into the head of Peterson, i think you should get a medal, and NO CHARGE!
I think you need to move down here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Our DA does have the cojoneys to stand up to the civil libertarians[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] However, he does like prosecuting L.E. too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

A lot of people would like that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel