Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 07:52 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Originally posted by: rescuediver
I have 2 cases that come to mind, where fellow officers turned in officers or deputies that were breaking the law under color of authority[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Both faced their day in court. One was aquitted, the other pled guilty. So, don't tell me we cover things up. I'm off the subject[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I think that's why we as a society hold LE more accountable. They should "know better."

I do think that we second guess LE a bit much. Esp. the case of that nutjob last year who took out the two officers. Used to be there was never anything other than eyewitness statements to say what happened. Now, with video, there's that, but does it really show the entire story? Ok, we can see a bunch of guys standing around someone else on the ground with nighsticks...but we have no idea what's being said.
And they rightfully should[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Exactly[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] 2 people can witness the same events[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] and come up with 2 different stories of what happened.

Old 06-28-2005, 07:57 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
I thot the Peterson case was a slam dunk. where was the risk of him getting off?altho they prolly thot the same of OJ. I don't think the DA (or prosecutors) are inferior lawyers, but the system is stacked WAY against them. AND, they have a ridiculous case load (altho maybe not on the really high-profile cases). and knowing the lack of brains of SOME (not all) juries, makes me terrified to think my fate could rest with them (criminally, or civily).
There was a ton of circumstantial evidence on Peterson and not a whole lot of direct evidence, i.e. smoking gun. It was huge on the news every day here. Amber Frei (I think that's how that twit's name is spelled) is from my area and Peterson used to sell stuff around here (coworkers "wife" knew him professionally). There was evidence that he was at the crime scene(s): his home and the S.F. Bay. His alibi was hokey (wrong kind of bait for what he was fishing for and that type of fish isn't in the area where he was fishing in the Bay), the concrete anchors for a boat nobody knew he owned and the affair with Twit.

It was actually a lot like the OJ case. Just that OJ had several million dollars at his disposal to create at least a reasonable doubt in the minds of 12 people. Actually...it only takes one, but in that case the verdict was unanimous anything else is a hung jury and results in a mistrial and re-trial. LAPD really screwed up on that case.

From what I heard Modesto PD did a pretty good job with the case.
Yes, there was a lot of circumstancial evidence. But then, in a homicide case[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] that's some times all you get[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Anyways, Your right M.P.D. did a good job[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The D.A.'s problem in the OJ's case was they had no rebuttal to why the "glove" didn't fit OJ[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Anyone ever dry a leather glove with heat? It shrinks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] And, the D.A. failed to rebuttal that properly.

Old 06-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Quad Patrol

[quote]
Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior It was huge on the news every day here. Amber Frei (I think that's how that twit's name is spelled)[quote]

Not that it matters[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But, just for the record it's "Frey" and I think Laci was definately better looking[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-28-2005, 08:33 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

It was huge on the news every day here. Amber Frei (I think that's how that twit's name is spelled)
Not that it matters[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But, just for the record it's "Frey" and I think Laci was definately better looking[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
LOL Too much Spinning...opened a new tab to reply to just this. LOL.

I swear...he needs to get kicked in the nads just for cheating on her. Oh well. Some guys are just @ss holes.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-28-2005, 08:58 PM
Quad Patrol

I am trying to cathc up over there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-28-2005, 09:07 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I just set a goal for myself. 3 posts per day average by 7/21. I'm at 2.13 PPD right now. I've got a lot of time to make up. Been here about 855 days. Though I try to be topical and not post just to post. I'm not THAT MUCH of a *****.

It's those spinners I tell ya. They are like crack dealers!

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-28-2005, 09:23 PM
Quad Patrol

I just set a goal for myself. 3 posts per day average by 7/21. I'm at 2.13 PPD right now. I've got a lot of time to make up. Been here about 855 days. Though I try to be topical and not post just to post. I'm not THAT MUCH of a *****.

Yea right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Luckily, they are all crack dealers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Because, "IF" they were users[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] they would be post ho'ing at night[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] in between rebuilding the raptor or yfz 450[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-28-2005, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

Total Posts: 11,033 (10.32 posts per day)

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Just cant find much to post about over here. lol

Old 06-29-2005, 01:51 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Yea right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Luckily, they are all crack dealers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Because, "IF" they were users[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] they would be post ho'ing at night[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] in between rebuilding the raptor or yfz 450[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Some of us dealers hit the crack in the evning too if there has been a good day of business and we moved alltta product. hell today has been ludicrous.... almost 600 posts in the "washing mochine" today

Old 06-29-2005, 02:35 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: powerstroke01

Total Posts: 11,033 (10.32 posts per day)

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Just cant find much to post about over here. lol
You've got to be kidding[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel