Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

It was a good day. Went out golfing with the kid and kicked his tail [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] He's been hitting the ball very well lately and I started off well and hit 18 fairways. That's been the biggest help to my game lately. He had a hard time from the start and it went downhill from there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-20-2006, 11:52 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

I played some golf with my dad before he died. Its a tough game, thats for sure. I never wanted to spend the time necessary to get good at it. That and I did it to spend time with my dad.

I spent a few bucks on the '92 F350 yesterday and today. I got a set of Bilstein all around and a Rough Country Steering stabilizer too. Then for the engine I got a MSD 6A ignition, a MSD SS coil and a set of MSD 8.5mm plug wires!! I know its not a PSD, but it is a FORD!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-20-2006, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

And it's paid for[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The ignition system upgrades are nice but try to focus on gettin air into the motor and then back out. IE:- Air filter system and headers with larger diameter exhaust pipes and mufflers. Let that puppy breathe.....

Ever try driving a vehicle with a vaccumn gauge? You would be amazed at how much better gas mileage you will get if you try to keep the vaccumn level high. Every time you stomp on it, the needle will go to zero. (and so will your wallet) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-20-2006, 01:24 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: Trasher
And it's paid for[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The ignition system upgrades are nice but try to focus on gettin air into the motor and then back out. IE:- Air filter system and headers with larger diameter exhaust pipes and mufflers. Let that puppy breathe.....

Ever try driving a vehicle with a vaccumn gauge? You would be amazed at how much better gas mileage you will get if you try to keep the vaccumn level high. Every time you stomp on it, the needle will go to zero. (and so will your wallet) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Yes it is!!

It has a 3" exhaust with a Flowmastermuffler. I have a FIPK K&N from my F150 Im going to put on it too. I just couldnt find headers for less than about $600.00 and figured the money wouild be better spent on a ignition upgrade and some shocks. And the A/C parts too.

I have only done that once and it was pretty shocking. That might be a great idea for this truck.

Old 06-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

I recently traded my 2002 F350 Extended Cab for an '02 Crew Cab F350 dually. Both have the 7.3 and are great. I really wish I still had the extended cab back because the dually is way too much truck. It has the Eclipse Custom package with ground effects, CB, Woodgrain interior, All Leather, DVD/VHS...

I needed a crew cab because my 12 y/o daughter is now 5'9" and my 17 y/o son is too...they couldn't sit comfortably in the extended cab.

I'm probably gonna trade it soon even tho it only has 65,000 miles

Old 06-20-2006, 02:00 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: KuntryBum
I recently traded my 2002 F350 Extended Cab for an '02 Crew Cab F350 dually. Both have the 7.3 and are great. I really wish I still had the extended cab back because the dually is way too much truck. It has the Eclipse Custom package with ground effects, CB, Woodgrain interior, All Leather, DVD/VHS...

I needed a crew cab because my 12 y/o daughter is now 5'9" and my 17 y/o son is too...they couldn't sit comfortably in the extended cab.

Welcome to the forum KuntryBum! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I was suprised at how much longer a crewcab seems than a ext cab. I cant imaging having a Dually.

Old 06-20-2006, 07:57 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: KuntryBum

Welcome to the forum.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-21-2006, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider

haha

The famous green outlander is back at Clawson..

They keep calling like EVERYDAY, letting us know how its going. :rofl:

Its getting new front shocks and a few other things adjusted.. FINALLY.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-21-2006, 10:57 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
haha

The famous green outlander is back at Clawson..

They keep calling like EVERYDAY, letting us know how its going. :rofl:

Its getting new front shocks and a few other things adjusted.. FINALLY.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Come to think of it, I think, but not sure, that my bosses VTX1300 is still over there with a leaking radiator overflow bottle. LOL

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-21-2006, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

Man, is this forum been slow lately[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel