Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 05:19 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Confused, I must of been up wwaaaayyyyyyy to late to not remember the CFL. DUH[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Guess, with the heat we are having[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I didn't correlate it to football season at all. and it's right around the corner here.

The hitches are made out of a solid piece of metal and then milled down to size. It really is a work of art. If your into that kind of thing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'll try and find a websight for them. I know one maker is out of WW's home state. I'll surf a bit and hopefully find it.

Old 08-14-2004, 05:41 PM
Quad Patrol

Confused, here's a sight that has one my buddy bought, It's the polished, double ball, adjustable ball mount. MD

Text

Old 08-15-2004, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider

Hey, it's been a busy day. I rebuilt a back porch, and let me tell ya; scope creep.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] Why is it that things take twice as long to do as planned?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I think my ears, back, and neck are burned from that giant firery thing in the sky.

Why the "My Page and icon" change? I don't know? I thought it was time for a change. However, I see the request for the last of the Moheekens (sp?), so I guess it will be back on Monday. I did however, spotlight some of you (I know, you ALL feel honored), and today, I posted a couple of pics that I took today (a non-approved one of my better half).[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Not bad for having 3-kids.

Confused, I like the new nicknames; I however, am not as big as Hoss, but I could probably fit into his 10-gallon hat.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I agree that B&R should keep the name Skinner. What do you think...skinner? I also like the pics of your house (nice job).[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

I think I have an idea why Miss Kitty removed her pics (thanks to Heywood and Semo), but I hope they are back soon. Please Miss Kitty, pretty please bring back the pics.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Marshall Dillon knows what I'm talking about.

Well, I better get to sleep...I have a few people to brainwash tomorrow.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2004, 04:28 AM
Quad Patrol

Hoss, Nice, they keep getting better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Like they were ever bad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Yes, I was thinking the same thing on why Miss Kitty, removed her pictures[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]But, I'm hoping we are wrong.

Big head? You[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] I would of never known[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] You just might need a 20 gallon cowboy hat[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Maybe Cartwright can stop by the Bonanza Ranch and get you an Authentic "Hoss" HAT[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

And yes, I do feel honored to be on your bio page[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]What a motley group though, the Ford Betta Kappa[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Who do you plan on brainwashing? the kids to finish the staining[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] or are you surfing the net looking for more "victims" for you perverted ways[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2004, 05:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"scope creep"??, I'm lost.

MD, i think Hoss is referring to doing the brainwashing at the closest outlet of the Mormon Tabernacle choir training facility. and the ball mount is cool lookin'. but mine is a 2' long solid chunk of steel to allow me clearance so my quad deck doesn't hit the trailer.

skinner seemed to like being the kooky sidekick festus, but I'm sleazy, i mean easy... so I'll go with whatever. skinner does fit your previous profile/slam much better.reverting back to your stalker namesake, go to the Yamaha forum. look at my post, or do a search, " '89 Breeze.." . A young stalker in training has posted a most interesting link that will surely send you to the wooly room.

that rotten trailer!! now i see why guys buy whole new plates for the brakes, instead of replacing magnets or shoes. spent ANOTHER wasted day on it, and will start another tomorrow.

I just spent several hours prepping Sockeye salmon for freezer. $12 each for 8 lb salmon that's the best you'll ever taste. much better than Spring, IMHO. but man, do I smell fishy for all the wrong reasons[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] .

okay, i launched some of my best material, and you guys come back with kind, sensitive goop. I quit. I'm just gonna be nice from now on.

Old 08-15-2004, 05:21 AM
Quad Patrol

Yea, the hitch is pretty sweet, I can't believe aluminum can hold upto 10,000 lbs. But, hey I'll bite[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Some of your best[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I think you have done better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But hey, don't stop now, you are on a roll, You nailed the names down pretty darn good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Heck, I was just channel surfing and saw, Little Joe, Hoss and Pa on t.v. Can't get away from FBk[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And I definately like skinner the best for B&R[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Still working on that darn trailer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]It sounded like you were almost finished with it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Was it not working again or locking up?Not that I can help, just curious, nature of the beast[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

MMM, salmon, sound good, that's a heck of a price. We just paid like $4 a lb(I think)but, it does taste great. MY step dad can sure smoke it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]My mouth is starting to water. And it's also for the wrong reasons[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Anymore info on the trip to Oregon in March?

Old 08-15-2004, 05:37 AM
Pro Rider

it'll be spring break for March/Oregon trip. i will check when it is for us.

I was trouble shooting the brakes by running jumper wire from a battery, to each brake. the lever arm that the magnet moves seemed seized. i thot i had them freed up. guess not. I soldered all the wires and shrink-tubed them, then this. Aaaarrggh!! pretty sure it's a mechanical problem, and not electrical. then I go to Home Depot to get 1 lousy 2x8 for the deck; they don't carry 18' lumber. Aaarrgh! guess I'll completely disassemble brakes and clean arms properly to get them working. 3 of 4 don't work. cost of full brake plate is $80 each. so I hope to save $280 (tax-in). it's kinda a shame, cuz the linings on the shoes are like new.

funny, I thot the same thing about alum. not being as strong, and was surprised they claim it's 4x stronger than steel.

sorry B&R, I tried to make ya the kooky sidekick, but the FBK boys think you're skinner, so skinner it is.

Old 08-15-2004, 05:48 AM
Quad Patrol

Yes, skinner it is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] No looking back now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I'm not to impressed with Home Depot as much, I think they grew to big and now, they are paying the price, poor quality and even crappier workers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]. Lowe's is also one, I really don't care for[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I pretty much go to a regular lumber company for my wood. They seem to treat you better too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
That's too bad about the brakes, Last thing you want to do is put more money into it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] especially when your going to turn around and sell it. I bet you are frustrated[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Maybe the aluminum is stronger because it is shaved down little by little[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]instead of forged metal[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]But, they are cool looking, definately need to lock it down though, too many low life thieves that will not blink an eye to taking it. Even in broad daylight infront of a police station. Brazen lowlifes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Well, need to get some beauty sleep[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Chat later, MD

Old 08-15-2004, 05:56 AM
Pro Rider

yep, I'd put one of those fancy, schmancy pin locks on. yep, I'm really frustrated with it. yep, staff at home depot is useless, but I got a good guy today that was very helpful and was willing to mark down an open box of screws for me. gotta put up my neighbors deck railing/pickets tomorrow.

we don't have a Lowes, but it's like anything. if you want service, go to a lumber store. if you want cheap price, go to big box store. I've got great connections for lumber. can usually get mill direct.

nitey-nite.

Old 08-15-2004, 03:43 PM
Quad Patrol

Lowes is no better, just a company that grew to fast and gives worse service (atleast here) then at Home Depot. Seems to have less qualified staff to help you also[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Like you, I have a connection at a lumber yard. Bought plenty of wood when I was doing fencing, arbors and the such on the side. So, I can still get a break in price[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Hey, anyone hear of the ColdHeat Soldering tool, they've been showing on t.v.? I hate soldering and this makes it look real easy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Actually, too easy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Could be a gimmic for my hard earned money[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

You should have Hoss come up there and fix the deck for your neighbor. Seems he's pretty good at it, after doing his own[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]He can also bring up the misses[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]While she stains the deck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]you can reminisce about old times[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel