Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 04:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

I'm getting tired of talking to myself.... i guess I'm a little psycho[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] .

I just changed my pics cuz Hoss and DQ did. Ya think DQ could be Miss Kitty?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] this will be short(er). Hoss and MD were talkin 'bout mantles. unlike you lazy swines [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] , I did mine about 3 years ago, so there are a couple of new pics I just posted.

basically, it started when i put up T&G knotty pine on all the walls in the basement rec room (going for that cozy country cottage look).man, that stuff sure ain't cheap and it's milled here, so i can't imagine what you guys would have to pay for it. the fireplace was old red brick with no hearth. I put up ledgestone around the old brick, poured a little concrete slab (forming it was fun), and then put a hearth down aswell. then I designed my own mantle by combining some ideas. I cut my own bottom mouldings out of 1x2 on my router table, and also routered the top piece of the mantle, all in the knotty pine. I thot the way I tied in the fireplace and ledgestone was quite clever with the pine crown moulding. I had ugly flourescent lights with the cheap plastic covers. I made my own pine box sunshine ceilings to go around them, with some mouldings. with a brad nailer, radial armsaw ( or mitre saw), and some imagination, it wasn't very hard. these pics don't do it justice IMHO. Of course, this was an all-testosterone theme and it was meant to be a Tim Allen type man's room..... but my wife still has to add her little knick-knacks.

Old 08-14-2004, 04:43 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
concrete (or some other hard, and heavy material, maybe confused scull) .
I thot kooky sidekick would generate a response, and better yet, you came back at me with an even better slam. concrete=confused skull, LMAO!!. I have an inane, psychic-like knack for the nicknames, the type you're stuck with for life but hate..., and Festus just makes too much sense now. Hoss will still wanna call you skinner, but we'll convert him (Brigham Young did, so why can't we?). And with his new avatar, he better be careful we don't start calling him gurlymahn.

Old 08-14-2004, 04:53 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I have a few posts to read. But, I did notice that WW had a dream to look like the governator[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]He also changed his family portraits and included us on his bio page[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I feel so honored[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Confused, nice work on the fireplace yourself. Also, like the room[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'll chat in a few, need to catch up on, maybe I should take a speed reading course. When Tommy, I mean Cartwright comes back, he'll be way behind. He is out on the road for 2 more days[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2004, 06:05 AM
Quad Patrol

WW, did you re-join today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]Your photo page had only 20 hits on it. I would bet you had that many after you posted your wife(should I say that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] don't want to scare off any female lurking behind the keyboards[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])in front of the fireplace[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Looks like you, dancingqueen and Chick Magnet all caught the picture bug today. I like it. I'll probably post some new ones at the end of the month[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Confused, looks like you had some free time tonight[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You do have a knack for coming up with nicknames. The sad part about some of your names is, I know people that have the same nicknames as those your passing out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]that's alright though. I like those people[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] so it doesn't send me off the deep end to where I need counseling or anything[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I hear you about the ak47's and uzis. They were made for a specific purpose, but, for some stupid reason, people feel that are ligitimate weapons for hunters[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Hog wash, they were meant to spray a lot of rounds in short burst, in time of war. But, I guess in LA, it's a war zone sometimes too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Speaking about lowering a trailer, my buddy just spent $150 U.S. dollars for you canuckleheads[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] On a billet trailer ball hitch. It has a 2" and 2 5/16" ball on it. It's pretty sweet. I'm looking at the three ball system, 17/8", 2" and 2 5/16", they go for $180. U.S.
Pretty sweet looking[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2004, 06:24 AM
Quad Patrol

Marshall Dillion, I like that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I wish I was born in the 1800's. Some people wish for the swinging 50's or dope headed 60's. I would of wanted to be around in the mid 1800's. I think it would of been cool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] to be out on the range, 6 shooter attached to my hip, riding my trusted stallion, protecting the roaming sheep and damsels in distress from skinner and PP[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I love that time period. You guys remember Petty Coat Junctions? That seen with the gals in the water tower, it was actually filmed, in my county, out in the middle of nowhere[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Well, just saw some of my hunting buddies leaving for Oregon. I'm going to head up there for a few days along the Snake River while I'm bacheloring it for 10 days. Guess I can't get into much trouble up there. Of course, I might hit a brothel or two[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] while going through Reno and Winnemucca, Nevada[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Didn't the Mustang Ranch close? Cartwright might know that one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2004, 06:28 AM
Quad Patrol

Now I feel like Chick Magnet, talking to myself in the middle of the night. Everyone tucked in nice and tight, so the bed bugs don't bite. In reality, I am making this internet world a little safer for my Forda Beta Kappa family[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Later, Marshall Dillion

Old 08-14-2004, 06:37 AM
Pro Rider

billet, as in a tricked-up looking ballmount?? I think I know the plain one yer talkn bout, it has 3 different *****, all on the same ballmount, you just rotate it for the correct ball. but a plain one is only like $50 (Cdn). I'm all for outlandish accessories (look at my truck pics, I even have stainless chains and insert tubes for my quad deck/camper tie downs), but a fancy ballmount just doesn't seem to make sense. no one will see it, unless the trailer is off.... then they'll try to steal it!! that's one item that I think of as more practical than fancy.

freetime.. i was watching my football team and posting earlier. now it's just a case of WAY too much caffiene. too many cokes today. Hoss wouldn't know, he's a BYU alumni, and they don't consume caffiene. altho maybe caffiene would stop Kyler's fire-fighting techniques, as he'd be too jacked up, just like the time Bart snuck sugar (pixie sticks) to the Flanders kids. Bart... that might work for me, cuz i feel mischievious like him when I hammer on everyone. I bet Hoss is a bud's nickname already, but Festus, Pa, Lillte Joe, Miss Kitty and Marshall Dillon?? your not like one of those freaks that dress up like Star Trek characters and goes to big rallies, and then speaks Klingon are ya? (except substitute Star Trek for a TV western theme). and when you guys are doin surviellance or a big sting, these nicknames don't count as earned, they're just assigned.

Old 08-14-2004, 06:56 AM
Quad Patrol

Chick Magnet, you are so wrong[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Billet is swweeettttt looking and very practical. They are rated to 10,000 lbs, can be adjusted to basically any tongue heigth, for someone like me, I tow all three of the ball sizes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]And I don't remove the hitch between tows. If some jacka$$, tailgating, cell yapping, mocha sipping idiot rear ends me, they will need a new front end. Because the hitch on my truck will need to be surgically removed from their engine compartment[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] by a 2 sloth looking tow truck driver[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2004, 07:08 AM
Quad Patrol

I hear you on the caffiene, I need to cut back too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Who were you watching today? And is it American football or the arena style?

Right now, I think if Hoss gave jr. some coffee, he would make a killing helping to put out the wild fires in the great state of Calefornea[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]The kid would never have his pants on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I do dress up, but only a few people see me in those "uniforms"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Actually, I've worn a uniform for nearly 23 of my older 38 years. So, if I can, I stay away from uniforms[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]I was never really into StarTrek, but, I do like the new Planet of the Apes movie. Really didn't care for it as a kid. I've found my taste have changed as I get older. Hhmmm, don't know if that's good or bad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
And names while on surveilance, it depends on what we are doing. Sometimes we give ourselves names, other times it's our call signs. Well, time for bed. Talk to you later. Lt. Dan aka; MD, Marshall Dillion, Antonio and a few others that would get deleted[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2004, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Who were you watching today? And is it American football or the arena style? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
c'mon man... it's CFL, Canadian Football. field is 150 yards long (110 playing field, 20 yard end zones). also 20 yards wider, and only 3 downs. all adds up to way more passing. lots of your old college stars end up here, plus we breed lots of future NFL'ers ( Warren Moon, Doug Flutie, Jeff Garcea, Rocket Ishmail, Mike Vanderjagt, this year on NYJ Ricky Ray will probably be their starting QB). There are lots of others, but not huge superstars.

i guess i need to see this billet thing. got a link to it? are they made up here in the great, frozen tundra?

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel