Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Confused, I am quite impressed by the creativity of your replies, and when I'm not stuck on dial-up / doing honey-do's, I'll properly retaliate / thank you for your exquisite kindness.

Scope creep: it's when a project snowballs.

Brainwash: You know, Sunday with the kids / church. I have to effectively convince them that Budda is really Elvis in disquise.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Yes, even a heathen like me goes to church. It's where someone tries to brainwash me into being a good person.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] I'm still working on that one though - it's going to take a lot of work to make me be good.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Okay, I'm sick of dial-up. I have a small office in my home, and it doesn't have cable or phone jacks, so I'm forced to do me internet work sitting at the kitchen table.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] I tried to hook up to the internet using a wireless phone jack, but to no avail. I really need to quit spending my $$$ on trying to seduce sheep and get high-speed internet. What do you guys have?

Old 08-15-2004, 04:53 PM
Quad Patrol

A guy who has just about everything under the moon, alright, it's Kyle's moon[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]And you are still a neandethal when it comes to the internet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]You need to go to a dsl provider. I have Charter and am very happy with it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]I also use NetGear for our wireless DSL hook-up to our 3 computers. The only problem I had with it was an occasional re-set. But, after getting help from Charter, they were able to help pin point the problem, which was on my end. The computer was using the wrong driver[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Aaarrrggggg, I hate it when that happens[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Think I was playing golf or something[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] but, it was pretty easy to hook them up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]I would think that a guy like you, who can, weild a wrench, Ok, you wield it at the dog[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] when you get upset, on the latest honey-do-list[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]can do it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And I can picture you, having the wife, do a Vanna White pose, showing all the computer on-line at the same time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I don't know about brain wash, For me here lately, it has helped put me, back on course and guide me in the right direction[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Guess, you have to feel and believe in the Holy Ghost[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]I believe it does make me a better person, then, what I would be without God and the church in my life[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Anyways, I know it's Sunday and our stainglass, does say "Go and teach all men" But, I won't turn this into a Sunday preach line[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

While your in the kitchen, make me a lunch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2004, 05:44 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Well, I guess I can deal with skinner. Could always be worse.

I too prefer Home Depot over Lowes. The first Lowes I went to (Fresno, River Park) was playing elevator music. Now, I don't know about you, but elevator music in a hardware store is just WRONG. At least the new Clovis store plays country. Yeeehaww. Yes, I listen to country. Help at our Lowes in Clovis is non-existant. And Home Depot is about right. They leave you alone, but you can find one who doesn't know anything pretty easily.

I run ADSL here through PacBell...errr...SBC Internet Services. I'm about..ohhh...3/4 of a mile from a Remote CO so I get screaming fast service. THough AT&T can be faster, they used to be jerks about people running servers on their system. PacBell used to be like "Here's the pipe, just don't use it for illegal uses." But they would gladly sell you a more expensive package (the same service, just costs more.) I have a WAN (802.11b) in the house for the other comuters using Linksys gear. It's all pretty much the same though. So I say go on price. THe thing I like about Linksys is that if you expand and get more products, hubs, routers, etc. they all stack neatly together.

OH NO please not religion. Ahhhhhhhhhhh. (Though I did go out on a date with a Mormon Girl last night. Yeah, Skinner dates.)

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-15-2004, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

skinner, one of Hoss' kin on the date??

I run adsl through our phone co. basically, we have 2 choices, high speed cable, or adsl. they both package it up cleverly to try to entice you to buy a bigger phone package or cable package... and they drop a couple of bucks to sweeten the deal on their isp.

not real religious either... basically, the golden rule for me, do unto others as you'd have done unto you... or something like that. I see too many hypocrisies in the various organized cults. but I'll stay off my soap box too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]and I try to be tolerant of others until I walk a mile in their shoes. then I can get some serious opinions happenin.

I'm a deck builder too. even put down our own vinyl. nice cedar deck. made it so strong, we have our hot tub on it. buddy got me a great deal on cedar, reject from the mill was nicer than what I could get at the lumber store. I cut or sanded out most of the flaws.

last night, 1 of 4 brakes worked on trailer. today,I took it for a drive and rode the brakes a lot... got 3/4 workin. 4th one... aargh! first I took it all apart and magnet was seized on arm. got it freed up,wouldn't work. then tried new magnet, didn't work. realized seized magnet had been riding ****-eyed on the drum so my guess is drum is worn on an angle and not grabbing magnet. so now I bought a new drum, but no chance to try it yet. decided to eat so we gotta pair of sockeye fillets cooking, mmmmn, sockeye... (sorry MD). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2004, 01:09 AM
Quad Patrol

Skinner, that's just not right, elevator music in a hardware store[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Was it senior citizen's night or maybe a elevator repairman conference in Fresno[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]that's just wrong. With SBC, if you move and stay in the same general area, don't you get to keep the same e-mail address? I know, if I move to an area that doesn't have Charter, then, I need to get a new one. And skinner, I don't think we doubted you were dating, we just questioned how many legs she had[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Confused, I think it's time to find a real mechanic or just sell the thing as is and take your losses now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]If you were a mechanic and were charging by the hour. I would just give you the dang thing. It can't be worth that much[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Thanks for the consideration on the salmon[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]we had tri-tip[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Must be nice to have a friend like that. Is this how it went[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Confused's wife: Honey, I would like you to drop working on that piece of crap trailer and build me a new deck.
Confused: But, honey, I'm working on this trailer, so, Riley, Matt and all our buddies can go riding and leave you at home to clean and make us dinner[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Confused wife: No, I don't think so. You sell that trailer and build me a new deck, NOW[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Confused: Yes, honey[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Hey wait, I'll get ahold of Bubba at the mill, he will get me wood[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Bubba,: Sure, I'll see what I can do, but, it will cost you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Confused: Do whatever you can[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Bubba: Ok, I'll get you better stock then you can buy at Home Depot[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Bubba: Marks down A grade wood[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and sells it to Confused for a great price.
Confused: What do I owe you?
Bubba: A night in that nice orange full length nighty, that you call cover-alls[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2004, 02:03 AM
Air Cooled Rider

As far as I know, as long as you stay with SBC you should be able to keep your account. We've moved once since going to ADSL and everything stayed the same. Though, they didn't give me all of the info I needed to move the account. Though we did stay out of the same main CO (Clovis). If you move from one CO (Central Office...that windowless building with all the neat telco stuff in it) to another CO you have to wait 10 days to get your ADSL circuit lit up from the telco. This is an oh so wonderful FCC rule. I was told this by an SBC field tech. "Oh, it will just work." Umm ok...no. You have to go to this particular site to actually activate the line fully. It's running, just won't let you go anywhere but THAT one site. grrr. After that is was all back to usual.

Plus, I have a vanity sub-domain with No-ip (or something like that.) So, if I move providers, I could care less about email addresses. I just get less spam. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] About 99.9% of the email I get on my SBC (pacbell.net) account is spam, and at that it's maybe 15 pieces per day. My total email volume per day is probably about 300-400. Needless to say, when I get home from a weekend of riding I have a few emails to read...well...delete. I think I get some reunion website email on that account (SBC) as I'm too lazy to change it to my "real" account.

Old 08-16-2004, 07:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: rescuediver
And skinner, I don't think we doubted you were dating, we just questioned how many legs she had[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Confused, I think it's time to find a real mechanic or just sell the thing as is and take your losses now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]If you were a mechanic and were charging by the hour. I would just give you the dang thing. It can't be worth that much[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Thanks for the consideration on the salmon[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]we had tri-tip[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Must be nice to have a friend like that. Is this how it went[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Confused's wife: Honey, I would like you to drop working on that piece of crap trailer and build me a new deck.
Confused: But, honey, I'm working on this trailer, so, Riley, Matt and all our buddies can go riding and leave you at home to clean and make us dinner[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Confused wife: No, I don't think so. You sell that trailer and build me a new deck, NOW[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Confused: Yes, honey[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Hey wait, I'll get ahold of Bubba at the mill, he will get me wood[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Bubba,: Sure, I'll see what I can do, but, it will cost you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Confused: Do whatever you can[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Bubba: Ok, I'll get you better stock then you can buy at Home Depot[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Bubba: Marks down A grade wood[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and sells it to Confused for a great price.
Confused: What do I owe you?
Bubba: A night in that nice orange full length nighty, that you call cover-alls[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
LMFAO!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
that's good stuff, especially the orange nighty. "Bubba" is actually a buddy of mine who I do tons of favors for, and every once in awhile, he repays me with one. a night in the cell being my kid... eeeeww. depends if he wants to be the momma or papa. have i already told this joke before? can't go any further with it anyways.

MD, very disappointed in your lack of faith, especially on the sabbath. that almost makes it blasphamous. got 'er all going good now. only had to work until 2:15AM so I can hopefully pass commercial inspection tomorrow. i was right about my stuck magnet/buggered drum theory. then one of the other brakes started to stay locked up. basically, I shoulda taken every one of them apart and cleaned them really good, instead of trying to be lazy and cut corners. the good news is, I learned a lot and now consider myself an electric brake expert, and would have no problem trouble shooting a problem in the future.

you're pretty close about how the deck got done. 7 years ago, wife went east to Toronto area (actually, Shania's hometown; Timmins, Ontario). she was gone for 2 weeks. I spent every long day tearing down our rotten old piece of garbage, and planning/building the new one. when she got home, I was putting up the last railing on the stairs. unlike you, i didn't get a 2 week vacation with no wife/kids, I had to work my bag off. hey, maybe your wife shoulda planned a brick and tile project for you, to be completed upon her return. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] oh yeah, forgot, your daughter is the brains in that operation [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

well, my andrenalin buzz from finishing the trailer just took a big crash.. so i better too.

Old 08-16-2004, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Well, I guess I can deal with skinner. Could always be worse.

I too prefer Home Depot over Lowes. The first Lowes I went to (Fresno, River Park) was playing elevator music. Now, I don't know about you, but elevator music in a hardware store is just WRONG. At least the new Clovis store plays country. Yeeehaww. Yes, I listen to country. Help at our Lowes in Clovis is non-existant. And Home Depot is about right. They leave you alone, but you can find one who doesn't know anything pretty easily.

I run ADSL here through PacBell...errr...SBC Internet Services. I'm about..ohhh...3/4 of a mile from a Remote CO so I get screaming fast service. THough AT&T can be faster, they used to be jerks about people running servers on their system. PacBell used to be like "Here's the pipe, just don't use it for illegal uses." But they would gladly sell you a more expensive package (the same service, just costs more.) I have a WAN (802.11b) in the house for the other comuters using Linksys gear. It's all pretty much the same though. So I say go on price. THe thing I like about Linksys is that if you expand and get more products, hubs, routers, etc. they all stack neatly together.

OH NO please not religion. Ahhhhhhhhhhh. (Though I did go out on a date with a Mormon Girl last night. Yeah, Skinner dates.)
Hey skinner, how was the Mormon chick? Did she try to convert you yet?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I was going to say, put out yet, but I figured that wouldn't pass "Big Brother."[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Did she drive a Ford F-250 Crew with a 7.3 liter Diesel?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2004, 02:20 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: Whitewater
Hey skinner, how was the Mormon chick? Did she try to convert you yet?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I was going to say, put out yet, but I figured that wouldn't pass "Big Brother."[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Did she drive a Ford F-250 Crew with a 7.3 liter Diesel?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Oh she was really nice. Good date. Though at the end of the night I figured I could have gone to Pismo with my friends later this month for what it cost me. LOL

Nope. You going to turn her into the Presidency? hehe.

Nope on that one too. And I hope she never does. It won't be pretty. I have a fear of spontaneous combustion when I set foot in any church. Not sure why....

You should have, but she didn't anyways. LOL. Not a great way to start out a relationship. But I've heard them there Mormon girls are kinda wild. Haven't met one yet that hasn't drank and/or ... (both usually being the case.) One friend's sister even whispered to her that she was a Mormon Where (word changed to get by the filter) during Sacrament. Now, I'm not all sure of what stuff is, but I think that's like the most holy portion of the service. LOL. All my friends know her as the Naughty Little Mormon Girl.

Oh I wish. LOL. She drives a Corolla. She's looking to buy a truck though. But, however, I must SADLY report, she likes the Chevy/GMC finish better. Dodge was a possibility, but she the GMs offered better value. I'm sure she's just looking for a 1/2 ton. But those things are BUTT UGLY! At least the grill/healights. The GMCs are ok. But I HATE the headlights on the Chevy's. Maybe I can sway her to a GMC. At least I'd feel ok riding in that.

Old 08-16-2004, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

I won't even get started on the whole religion thing...to each his own I guess. That's a pretty touchy subject.

Sounds like you had fun with your date / blow up sheep.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] j/k

I used to own a Chevy 1500. I hated that truck!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] It could barely pull my sportsman 400 loaded on a trailer. However, it had an awsome stereo in it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It couldn't haul anything, but it sure rocked.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel