Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 12:35 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Curious on what their take is on funding levels.
The auditors read the laws that apply and based on that, and the legislative intent, say the funding needs to be prioritized towards opportunities, while at the same time being careful of the environment. My take from it is they say more money needs to be spent on acquisitions of land, and that land that's purchased to be set off needs to be at a sane ratio. They seem to take issue with the 5:1 ratio recquired in Riverside County. And also of a proposed purchase near Jawbone that won't provide ANY new riding area! Just gets more land for BLM to manage contiguously, rather than the patchwork of land they have now.

The way I see it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Part of the problem is, no leadership to guide the managers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] to give us a better park system up and down the state. Each park is to fend for themselves and go by the vision of the manager running it.
That's pretty much what they said. There needs to be a vision across the entire state that's common to the Division (Sept. Parks & Recreation) and the Commission (the non-gov. people who are appointed that approves funding. As it is now, the Commissioners just vote for what they want, how they want to. The Commissioners seemed to not like changing that. They want the freedom to fund how they see fit. I can see both sides of the coin though.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-22-2005, 01:05 PM
Royalty Rider

Good Morning Everyone!!

Well, I didnt end up going to Pismo this weekend [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] But I will be going for Labor Day [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Start school tomarrow [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Just thought Id share that... So, how is everyone?

Old 08-22-2005, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider

Glad to see that you are going back to school...are you finishing your GED? Is it Adult High? or are you going to Sally Strothers "U"? TV repair maybe?

Old 08-22-2005, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider

One last thing before I go to bed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I have another trailer to use when we go riding for the day[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It's a 8x171/2 feather lite all aluminum car trailer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] with aircraft rails for tie downs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] That thing is sweet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Loaded the quads on it to bring them to the new house. Of course, no pictures[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Dry weight is around 1300 lbs:! Here's a picture of one very similar to it new trailer
Glad to see that you moved safely. Moving sucks.

Nice trailer...kind of pricey.

Old 08-22-2005, 01:51 PM
Royalty Rider

Originally posted by: Whitewater
Glad to see that you are going back to school...are you finishing your GED? Is it Adult High? or are you going to Sally Strothers "U"? TV repair maybe?
Haha...

Actually smart@ss... Im getting my BA.

Old 08-22-2005, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

I think we need to recruit some "Daytime" FBK members. Maybe, everyone is busy buying the 64-pack of Crayons for school...you know, the one with the sharpener in the back. I was envious of all the Crayola users at school...all I had was the crayons made in China...the toxic ones. The ones that were full of Pb and Hg...I guess I shouldn't have eaten them. However, they were quite yummy frosted in Elmer's Glue.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Royalty Rider

Well... some of us were getting smelly markers instead of crayolas...haha...

Old 08-22-2005, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: powerstroke01Still got 20mpg coming home. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
No way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Yah, keep yer truck under 2000 rpm and see where it takes you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-22-2005, 10:03 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: Whitewater
I think we need to recruit some "Daytime" FBK members. Maybe, everyone is busy buying the 64-pack of Crayons for school...you know, the one with the sharpener in the back. I was envious of all the Crayola users at school...all I had was the crayons made in China...the toxic ones. The ones that were full of Pb and Hg...I guess I shouldn't have eaten them. However, they were quite yummy frosted in Elmer's Glue.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I was doing a lot of hanging out on an RV site today. Usually don't come around here that much during the day...nobody is running around in this thread. Except you and DQ check in from time to time.

Old 08-22-2005, 10:08 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: dancingqueen
Well... some of us were getting smelly markers instead of crayolas...haha...
I was actually partial to Prismacolor pencils for school work. Turned out nicely. No bleed through like a pen.

And yes, I know I'm gonna get ripped for this...I actually had to have a coloring book for a plant biology class in Junior College. Class cost like $33 for tuition and well over $100 for books. It was INSANE.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel