Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 02:17 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: rescuediver
While out riding today, my buddy Steve mentioned bio-diesel. He said he can get me all the oil I need[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] if I want to try it. I looked up bio-diesel, looks promising. Have to do the math and see if it's something to consider. If so, might see if a couple friends are interested in maybe investing in one. The company is out of Sparks, Nv. just outside Reno[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] would be a good excuse for a road trip[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
We're going to bid a bio-diesel plant. Small 15K-30K gallon skid mounted plant over past Hollister. Kinda towards San Juan Batista, or Gilroy. Can't remember exactly. Most likely will get the work.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 10-31-2005, 02:19 AM
Air Cooled Rider

To go with my reply above[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Yesterday I paid $2.76 for #2 at Flyin J.
This was funny. We filled up that barrel under LJ's truck on the way to Hollister at the Pilot north of Madera. We paid 2.859/gallon. Pulled back on the highway and something caughter my eye...they changed the price to $2.919 or something like that. Went up 6 cents. Would have cost about $4 more to fill that sucker.

Old 10-31-2005, 02:42 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
To go with my reply above[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Yesterday I paid $2.76 for #2 at Flyin J.
This was funny. We filled up that barrel under LJ's truck on the way to Hollister at the Pilot north of Madera. We paid 2.859/gallon. Pulled back on the highway and something caughter my eye...they changed the price to $2.919 or something like that. Went up 6 cents. Would have cost about $4 more to fill that sucker.
Really[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] It's dropped another 10 cents up here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-31-2005, 02:47 AM
Quad Patrol

While out riding today, my buddy Steve mentioned bio-diesel. He said he can get me all the oil I need[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] if I want to try it. I looked up bio-diesel, looks promising. Have to do the math and see if it's something to consider. If so, might see if a couple friends are interested in maybe investing in one. The company is out of Sparks, Nv. just outside Reno[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] would be a good excuse for a road trip[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
We're going to bid a bio-diesel plant. Small 15K-30K gallon skid mounted plant over past Hollister. Kinda towards San Juan Batista, or Gilroy. Can't remember exactly. Most likely will get the work.
Really, Can you say what company it is? I am going to do some research on the pros and cons. Wife's not so sure on it. If I can get a steady flow of oil from the restaurants[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] than I can see where it would be beneficial. By my calculations I would be saving around $300 a month[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-31-2005, 02:48 AM
Quad Patrol

Skinner, I appologize, I should of introduced you to my friend Steve, he's the one that owns the restraurant down by you.

Old 10-31-2005, 03:31 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Really, Can you say what company it is? I am going to do some research on the pros and cons. Wife's not so sure on it. If I can get a steady flow of oil from the restaurants[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] than I can see where it would be beneficial. By my calculations I would be saving around $300 a month[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
It's for an ag operation over there. I can't remember the name. PM me tomorrow and I'll look it up. I'm assuming they are making it for their own use. The plant comes on a skid and the storage (feedstock, methanol and whatever they are using for the caustic soda/whatever it is they use as well as the finished product) is outside.

Remember, you'll still need to pay your road taxes (IIRC 70 cents or so total. About 1/2 and 1/2 to Uncle Sam and the rest to Aunt Samantha.) And your neighbors might be thinking you're making up some crank in the backyard. LOL. The nice thing is, other than the methanol, everything is pretty environmentally friendly. Biodiesel decomposes or whatever they call it pretty quickly.

Old 10-31-2005, 03:32 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Skinner, I appologize, I should of introduced you to my friend Steve, he's the one that owns the restraurant down by you.
Well you owe me!

Old 10-31-2005, 03:48 AM
Pro Rider

HIIIIIIIIIIII.

All i gots to say is i think ive used up most of my luck for the next month or so. haha

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

And im sore.. Really really sore.

And it got Really dusty by the end of the day today.

Old 10-31-2005, 12:35 PM
Air Cooled Rider

One Word: Parachute

Old 10-31-2005, 01:28 PM
Quad Patrol

It's for an ag operation over there. I can't remember the name. PM me tomorrow and I'll look it up. I'm assuming they are making it for their own use. The plant comes on a skid and the storage (feedstock, methanol and whatever they are using for the caustic soda/whatever it is they use as well as the finished product) is outside.

Remember, you'll still need to pay your road taxes (IIRC 70 cents or so total. About 1/2 and 1/2 to Uncle Sam and the rest to Aunt Samantha.) And your neighbors might be thinking you're making up some crank in the backyard. LOL. The nice thing is, other than the methanol, everything is pretty environmentally friendly. Biodiesel decomposes or whatever they call it pretty quickly.
Yea, the taxes are .42 cents per gallon. Let the neighbors think that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Right now, couple of them think they are better than everyone else[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] So, I don't care what they think[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] As a matter of fact[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I really never did care[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] what people think (for the most part)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

And seeing today is Monday, I had that idiot park in front of my house again this morning[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I put a letter on the windowshield asking them/him/she/it not to park directly in front of my house[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] BECAUSE I would like to[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] We'll see what happens, if they continue, I might be parking my truck in front of everyone's house on the block[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] until I figure out who's friend this vehicle belongs to.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel