Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Went to Ocotilla Wells for a couple of days and the weather was amazing for this time of year. About 75 during the day and no wind at all. The night was cool and calm. Great riding weather for sure [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-31-2005, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider

Weeeee.

Just got power back after a sweet storm rolled through earlier. Saw rainfall rates of 2.3"s an hour.
Ended up taking a tree down in our pasture and a powerline down in the process. The tree is also across our driveway.
Also felt that earthquake right after all of that. hahah
The wind was SOOO strong that it UNSTUCK our windguage that was "frozen" and has been that way for like 3 weeks. Saw 30mph gusts while the power was out as well.
Soo. Over probably over 2.3"s of rain today.

Great newyears. haha

Old 12-31-2005, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider

OOHHhh and after all of that we went into town to get some pizza and on the way home got into a goood hail storm in the jeep. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Short but sweet.

Old 01-01-2006, 02:11 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
Happy New year to you all tonight! I haven't been on the computer much in the last couple of weeks. I took two weeks off to get some important things done (Like golf, riding, more golf, etc.). Looks like you guys might be getting a little rain up there. We just started getting some here in the last hour or so.
Nothing wrong with taking sometime off to enjoy the finer things in life[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

My New Year is starting off on a sad note[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Had to admit our youngest into the hospital with a nasty kidney infection with a 104 temp[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Hopefully she'll be out of there in a couple of days.

They've had some crazy rain totals up north like 7-10 inches from S.F. to Sonoma/Napa area. Heard this is the wettest December in Ca. in 50 years[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Sounds like I-80 is going to be closed for a couple of days due to rock/mud sildes from Truckee to Stateline.

Old 01-01-2006, 07:19 AM
Pro Rider

all this rain talk... it never stops rainin here! found a roof leak on our NEW 50 year metal roof, so not lookin forward to tracing that one down.

MD, hope your daughter makes an EASY, speedy & uneventful recovery. HAppy New Year to all. going riding today, so better got to bed finally!

Old 01-01-2006, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: Trasher
Happy New year to you all tonight! I haven't been on the computer much in the last couple of weeks. I took two weeks off to get some important things done (Like golf, riding, more golf, etc.). Looks like you guys might be getting a little rain up there. We just started getting some here in the last hour or so.
Nothing wrong with taking sometime off to enjoy the finer things in life[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

My New Year is starting off on a sad note[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Had to admit our youngest into the hospital with a nasty kidney infection with a 104 temp[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Hopefully she'll be out of there in a couple of days.

They've had some crazy rain totals up north like 7-10 inches from S.F. to Sonoma/Napa area. Heard this is the wettest December in Ca. in 50 years[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Sounds like I-80 is going to be closed for a couple of days due to rock/mud sildes from Truckee to Stateline.

I hope your daughters feeling better soon. Nothing like having a very sick family member. Good luck to you and your family for her speedy recovery.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-02-2006, 12:56 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Weeeee.

Just got power back after a sweet storm rolled through earlier. Saw rainfall rates of 2.3"s an hour.
That's a LOT of rain. WOW. I woke up in the AM yesterday and saw red on the radar when I checked it. Lost power here for a couple hours or so. I was just getting ready to cook something...so I went out and got some pizza.

Ended up taking a tree down in our pasture and a powerline down in the process. The tree is also across our driveway.
Time to bust out the chainsaw. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Also felt that earthquake right after all of that. hahah
I thought I heard the windows shaking yesterday. LOL. About the right time (checked earthquake.usgs.gov and sure enough...never got an email though...hmmmmm)

The wind was SOOO strong that it UNSTUCK our windguage that was "frozen" and has been that way for like 3 weeks. Saw 30mph gusts while the power was out as well.
Soo. Over probably over 2.3"s of rain today.
Great newyears. haha
Damn, that's some pretty good wind. I think we've got a watch through tomorrow, maybe. They cancelled some of it.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 01-02-2006, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

Yup. PG&E came back out today to repair everything and put a new pole up. Took em about 6 hours. They started at about 1pm and finished in the dark and rain haha. It was pretty kewl to see em put new pole up without having a truck right next to it. They used pulleys and a winch on the crane truck and remnents of the old pole to get the new one up. So 30 hours later and our neighbors have power. lol And we no longer have powerlines in our pastures.

Its raining again... And looking at the pc weve gotten .55"s so far today. Not bad.

I think tomorow i might drive up and see where the snow is, and get some pics of falling snow. lol

And yeah, weve got some big trees to clear now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Glad we got a log splitter and quads with winches. ahhah

Edit: *cough* *cough* I think im still sick *cough* [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 01-02-2006, 03:11 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Yup. PG&E came back out today to repair everything and put a new pole up. Took em about 6 hours. They started at about 1pm and finished in the dark and rain haha. It was pretty kewl to see em put new pole up without having a truck right next to it. They used pulleys and a winch on the crane truck and remnents of the old pole to get the new one up. So 30 hours later and our neighbors have power. lol And we no longer have powerlines in our pastures.

Its raining again... And looking at the pc weve gotten .55"s so far today. Not bad.

I think tomorow i might drive up and see where the snow is, and get some pics of falling snow. lol

And yeah, weve got some big trees to clear now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Glad we got a log splitter and quads with winches. ahhah

Edit: *cough* *cough* I think im still sick *cough* [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Yeah, PG&E can really do some crazy stuff. And often times they'll do that will 12KV (it's actually over 13,000 volts) running live on the lines.

22:55 update on WU shows us sitting at .77" today at KFAT. Been raining non-stop since about noon or so. 13:56 and 22:56 update are both tied for .14"/hr with 16:56 a close 3rd at .12"/hr.

The rain is just packing up coming over the Coast Range. It's not even bands. Just a mix of green and yellow on the radar. Nothing really clear (unless you remove clutter.)

My mom is freaking out over the flood warning. If it floods by our house, sandbags aren't going to help any...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 01-02-2006, 03:33 AM
Quad Patrol

Thanks guys[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Daughter had a ultra sound today, kidneys look good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] however, they found liquid where it's not suppose to be[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] My her appendix[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] We'll see. Looks like she'll be there until Tuesday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

We didn't get much rain only .07"s. However, it was windy as heck, had a branch fall on my PSD has I was going down the road today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] fortunately all it did was leaving marks on the windowshield. Did scare the crap out of us, though.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel