Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Not me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I'm doing the home improvement thing now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Carpet, painting, soon to be tile, etc. If it wasn't for my businees travel I wouldn't be able to golf[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Now that would really hurt[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2006, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

I feel your pain...we have been doing that for the past year. We have replaced blinds, carpet, tile, countertops, paint, wallpaper b-gone, lights, trim and crown molding, etc. However, since the baby was born, I turned into a major slacker (lack of sleep). I still have a tub and my office to finish. Oh yeah...then there is the yard.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I have an acre out back that needs some TLC, and a shed that needs siding.

At least all my stuff isn't blowing away like canuckledick.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider

it's blown down, not away, you $hit-disturber! and it still leaves lotsa work. Hoss, why did you buy this new pad if it needed so much reno??? I guess wife expected it to be as nice as the previous pad= lotsa work for you!! my theory on that is: if you're gonna change it and reno no matter what, you might aswell buy a dump and get some return on your reno investment. no sense in reno-ing something that is already clean and decent, just for the sake of a change in scenery.

I got a 40' refer trailer and a 20' shipping container put on our property this weekend. the 20' is very solid and secure, so that'll make great quad storage. The 40' is gonna be my wood-working shop. Yippee!! now I get to use my 1250sq' gargage for parking, auto repairs, etc...

went on a ride about 2 weeks ago. we're going to Florence, Oregon to the dunes in March (10-18th). so no riding between now and then.

Old 02-27-2006, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider

okay, back to the topic for a rare occasion. I have a 7-pin plug at the rear of my PSD for trailer.I need this plug for electric brakes. I also have a camper, but there's no plug for it. I need a plug where you'd normally find one for a 5th wheel. Does Ford pre-wire a connection to the box, or do i have to splice into my exisiting wiring harness? seems to me a 5th wheel wiring should be fairly simple to add.

Old 02-27-2006, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

Most of the house remodel was a change of scenery. We thought about building, but it would have cost me about 450K to build the same house (that's without property). We have dumped about 10K into it so far...so not too much $.

So ned, are you going to add the refer trailer onto the house (you could call it the West Wing).[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I just spliced into my wiring harness for the 5th wheel, and added a plug to the inside of the bed.

Old 02-27-2006, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

[So ned, are you going to add the refer trailer onto the house (you could call it the West Wing).[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

Is the lime green Pinto on blocks going to stay in the front yard[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] or are you going to move it out back[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I wish I could put a couple of those trailers in my back yard and get all the cr@p outta the house & garage[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
A friend of mine has a 40 footer for a wood shop and it's sweet

Old 02-27-2006, 07:33 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: Trasher
[So ned, are you going to add the refer trailer onto the house (you could call it the West Wing).[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

Is the lime green Pinto on blocks going to stay in the front yard[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] or are you going to move it out back[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I wish I could put a couple of those trailers in my back yard and get all the cr@p outta the house & garage[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
A friend of mine has a 40 footer for a wood shop and it's sweet
We have 4 or so old 40' refer trailers we use for job trailers. Which works out ok. But anything big REQUIRES a good sized forklift to get it in and out. Our old Lift-All has taken a major cr@p. Won't start. Think a relay went south somewhere. It was a POS when we got it...brakes...who needs those! At least it's a diesel and you can gear down to a crawl. Not my idea of fun: loading onto a trailer. We need a fancy @ss Gradall.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-28-2006, 01:56 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
Originally posted by: Whitewater
Hey all!

This new job is cramping my "posting" style. They actually expect me to work while I'm at work. Can you believe that crap.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I'm in the Saintly city of Salt Lake for the week (bidness).[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
This working stuff does get in the way, don't it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I'm in Albuquerque for the week and just by chance, had time to play 18 today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Hi ALL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Been a few days since I've been on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I agree, this working stuff is for the birds[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] i'd log on at work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But my computer faces my manager and he might get a little upset with me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2006, 01:59 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Whitewater
Hey fellers, we fell a few dozen spots on the forum...I had to hunt for this thread.

Anyone go riding lately?
I've been riding at the ranch almost every weekend. Moved about 8 cords of walnut wood over the weekend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] And do I feel it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I am all jacked up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2006, 02:05 AM
Quad Patrol

With the weather we are having[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] There should be a feew barns blown over tonight, winds must be gusting to about 50 mph. For us, that's a pretty good wind. Should get a few almond trees to cut up.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel