Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 03:05 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: rescuediver
When you see canucklehead, tell him to keep all for wheels on the ground[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I'm just glad he won't be able to read that I suggested he might be a water head until he gets back to the great white north. Take off 'eh, you hoser. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2006, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

welp ordered wheels and tires for the f2fiddy online. Hope they get here next week. And i hope they look good. haha.
Ended up going with 295s btw. Which is a little over 33"s.... A good step up from the 31s we got now.

Old 03-17-2006, 11:02 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
drove over to Yuma today and stopped into Gordons well for a little dune runnin in the "burb" That's a kick driving around out there. The only bad thing is it takes sooooo long to air the tires back up
That is so cool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] 4 wheelin on a business trip[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If you roll it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] you can just right it off, as a business expense[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

So are you driving the burb to Arizona or flying in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and picking it up at the rental?

Old 03-17-2006, 11:03 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BigBlueScrammy
When you see canucklehead, tell him to keep all for wheels on the ground[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I'm just glad he won't be able to read that I suggested he might be a water head until he gets back to the great white north. Take off 'eh, you hoser. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
LOL! Have fun with canucklehead[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2006, 11:04 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
welp ordered wheels and tires for the f2fiddy online. Hope they get here next week. And i hope they look good. haha.
Ended up going with 295s btw. Which is a little over 33"s.... A good step up from the 31s we got now.
LJ, what did you order? Is it chrome or aluminum? Friend Steve (you might have met him) bought expensive chrome wheels about 7-8 months ago. He just noticed rust starting to form on them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2006, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

LJ, what did you order? Is it chrome or aluminum? Friend Steve (you might have met him) bought expensive chrome wheels about 7-8 months ago. He just noticed rust starting to form on them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Well, im not gonna say till they get here and i get pics. haha I just hope they look good.
Theyre chrome. I had some Chrome wheels on my mustang that were not cheap(250 a piece) and never had a problem. Even drove out on beaches and such. It might depend on the brand. Who knows.
But, I did wash and wax that car religiously...... Even armorald the gas tank. hah
One thing i do know is that even though polished may look good, it requiers ALOT of upkeep. Thats one reason i took the polished wheels off the jeep. THey were a PITA! Chrome is very easy.

Old 03-17-2006, 11:34 PM
Quad Patrol

Well, im not gonna say till they get here and i get pics. haha I just hope they look good.
Theyre chrome. I had some Chrome wheels on my mustang that were not cheap(250 a piece) and never had a problem. Even drove out on beaches and such. It might depend on the brand. Who knows.
But, I did wash and wax that car religiously...... Even armorald the gas tank. hah
One thing i do know is that even though polished may look good, it requiers ALOT of upkeep. Thats one reason i took the polished wheels off the jeep. THey were a PITA! Chrome is very easy.
I agree with you about the polished wheels being a pita") I just bought some metal polish to clean mine up after this weather blows through[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Can't wait to see the pictures[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-18-2006, 02:46 AM
Pro Rider

drove over to Yuma today and stopped into Gordons well for a little dune runnin in the "burb" That's a kick driving around out there. The only bad thing is it takes sooooo long to air the tires back up
That is so cool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] 4 wheelin on a business trip[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If you roll it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] you can just right it off, as a business expense[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

So are you driving the burb to Arizona or flying in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and picking it up at the rental?
I will drive to Yuma and El Centro but I fly to Phoenix and do the rental thing. Going from El Centro to Yuma you pass right by Gordon's so I just couldn't pass up that opportunity[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] (it wasn't the first time I did this[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

The only thing I don't like is going out there by myself. My basics and common sense tells me not to do it but my brains tells me- Git R done[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-18-2006, 05:49 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with you about the polished wheels being a pita") I just bought some metal polish to clean mine up after this weather blows through[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Can't wait to see the pictures[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I found Mothers works pretty good. Havent tried anything else though.

Old 03-18-2006, 11:27 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

The only thing I don't like is going out there by myself. My basics and common sense tells me not to do it but my brains tells me- Git R done[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
I used to do this all the time and it made my wife crazy. I dont do it as much now, but still do it. Thats when i ride about 60-70%, and take it easy.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel