Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 10:07 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: Trasher
/Q]

A couple years ago we went out to Gordons and my son's CR80 lasted about 20 minutes before blowing up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Everyone says that you can't kill a XR600 also but I proved them wrong after that trip too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] It was very late in the season and we really shouldn't have been riding in that heat
That WR was rebuilt after really blowing it up at Pismo about 2 years ago. That time the crank locked up solid too. This time not even the bore got scratched.

I have known a few of them to blow up but it is rare. How hot was it that weekend?

Old 04-12-2006, 10:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: nedflanders
I somehow made the time to go golfing today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Shot my best game ever- an 81, 9 over par[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] I was pullin shots out my rear all day long[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I HATE YOU!! I might shoot that once every 2 years, and I've been at it off/on for 25 years. i guess when ya suck at golf, it's hard to break the habits. congrats, that's a score to cherish until you hit the 70s. you must have received some good initial instruction. easier to build on a good foundation than trying to fix a rotten one.

Before I started I did take lesson which helped my get into good habits right from the start. I have to say that watching the golf channel has helped my game the most[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Dave Pelz putting tips and all the other instruction they give out all the time is what I have used to find out what I am doing wrong and how to fix it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Free lessons at golf while your feet are up and your hands on a cool one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-12-2006, 10:11 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: Whitewater
Originally posted by: nedflanders
where you been?
I've actually had to work...can you believe that crap? Oh, and I coudn't log on at home...tonight I disabled the firewall, anti-virus, etc. Skinner, what am I doing wrong?
No clue what you're doing wrong. What firewall? The built-in one in WindowsXP? (And XP Home blows monkey nuts. Poney up for Pro. Media Center is just Home with extra stuff.) If it's a 3rd party one, check to see if ATV connection got sucked into a black list somehow.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 04-12-2006, 10:15 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Just had new carpet put in yesterday. What a pain in the **** moving everything out and down stairs just to put it back later. At least I'm finally making some headway in getting this house fixed up.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Are we all doing the house remodel thing? I'm at the tail end of mine (maybe).
I'm not. Well, actually we have been fixing a few things that we've put off. Anyone ever drop a glass (frop a class...wow...yeah I shouldn't be computing this early) in the sink, and have it shatter? Oh yeah, in the side with the disposal? $6 wrench (actually just an allen wrench) from In-Sink-Erater fixed that. Replaced a switch that was giving it's own show (it was audio/visual, light was flickering and the switch was popping...). Next thing is to replace (slowly) most of the receptacles in this place. They used garbage cheap @ss ones that go for like 40 cents a pop. You stick a wall wart (the little transformers for electronic stuff) in and they'll just fall out. Putting in Spec Grade (commercial grade) stuff. I have a cheap line on them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-12-2006, 10:15 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Just had new carpet put in yesterday. What a pain in the **** moving everything out and down stairs just to put it back later. At least I'm finally making some headway in getting this house fixed up.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Are we all doing the house remodel thing? I'm at the tail end of mine (maybe).
I hope not!!! Did it at the old house and don't care to do it again. Have to many things around this "new" house as it is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Tail ends are not all that bad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Oppps, wrong subject[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
As long as you aren't on a mountain with a broke back.

Old 04-12-2006, 10:22 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Originally posted by: rescuediver

You know anyone with a mandrel metal bender[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
After pricing Mandrel tube benders Im going to get a JD2 model 3 bender. Its a manual tube bender that can be converted to hydraulic later. Im also looking for a TIG welder and possibly a MIG welder too. Did you ever find a welding table?
We've got a bench at the shop that works pretty good. The boss' brother in law owns a machine/fab shop and they built it (well they did the fab, welding from our design). IIRC 1/2" steel 4x8 plate on top. 6x6 square tube legs, err, maybe 4x4. Flange plates on the bottom for 6" castors (2 static and 2 swivel). Receptacles at all four corners. Just roll it wherever you need her, plug in and go to town. I guess it's not uncommon to find welders using it. We've got it for doing rigid pipe work. Have a 1/2"-2" RIGID threader, bench-top grinder, RIGID pipe clamp thing and a big @ss vise. We were going to put a drill-press on it. Boss ordered a 48" bench-top press. We took one look at it and realized that onle one guy in the shop would be tall enough to actually reach the handle. LOL Needless to say she's a bit heavy.

Old 04-12-2006, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
/Q]

A couple years ago we went out to Gordons and my son's CR80 lasted about 20 minutes before blowing up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Everyone says that you can't kill a XR600 also but I proved them wrong after that trip too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] It was very late in the season and we really shouldn't have been riding in that heat
That WR was rebuilt after really blowing it up at Pismo about 2 years ago. That time the crank locked up solid too. This time not even the bore got scratched.

I have known a few of them to blow up but it is rare. How hot was it that weekend?

It was about 110 but it cooled down to 90 at night[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-12-2006, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider

Those darn green, double underlined words are back again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 04-12-2006, 10:58 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

We've got a bench at the shop that works pretty good. The boss' brother in law owns a machine/fab shop and they built it (well they did the fab, welding from our design). IIRC 1/2" steel 4x8 plate on top. 6x6 square tube legs, err, maybe 4x4. Flange plates on the bottom for 6" castors (2 static and 2 swivel). Receptacles at all four corners. Just roll it wherever you need her, plug in and go to town. I guess it's not uncommon to find welders using it. We've got it for doing rigid pipe work. Have a 1/2"-2" RIGID threader, bench-top grinder, RIGID pipe clamp thing and a big @ss vise. We were going to put a drill-press on it. Boss ordered a 48" bench-top press. We took one look at it and realized that onle one guy in the shop would be tall enough to actually reach the handle. LOL Needless to say she's a bit heavy.
That sounds great B&RW. It does sound a little heavy. how you been?

Old 04-12-2006, 11:00 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

It was about 110 but it cooled down to 90 at night[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Im only good for about 95-100 degrees for riding,at my age [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. but 90 is too hot to even sleep for me.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel