Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 01:10 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: Trasher
Il

I'll fix your trucks Diff from San Diego.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Go to a shopping mall parking lot and drive in figure 8's for about 10 times around and your problem will be fixed. The clutch plates get dry from just going straight and this allows the oil to get between the plates again to help it from sticking. Try it before taking it in for repair
Ill give that a try Trasher, I figured the clutch plates disintigrated and were causing the friction. The limited slip part does still work though. I will let you know how it works out.

Old 05-01-2006, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back in the day when I worked at a Jeep dealership, The jeeps with quadratrack had a big issue with that after doing freeway driving. It would sound like the transfer case chain was ready to toss right through the floorboards[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Just take in out and do the figure 8's and hopefully it will be fine. My older Burb had that happen a couple times to me and it worked on that too. Best thing is just to go out and go wheelin for a while. That will fix the vehicle and you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Tossing a little mud fixes everything[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-01-2006, 05:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Il

I'll fix your trucks Diff from San Diego.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Go to a shopping mall parking lot and drive in figure 8's for about 10 times around and your problem will be fixed. The clutch plates get dry from just going straight and this allows the oil to get between the plates again to help it from sticking. Try it before taking it in for repair
Ill give that a try Trasher, I figured the clutch plates disintigrated and were causing the friction. The limited slip part does still work though. I will let you know how it works out.
If the truck has over 60 or so K miles it wouldn't hurt to change the lube. Have had this problem with limited slips and found the lube and/or additive was getting bad. Way cheaper than a rebuild.

Old 05-01-2006, 06:01 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally posted by: tencubed

If the truck has over 60 or so K miles it wouldn't hurt to change the lube. Have had this problem with limited slips and found the lube and/or additive was getting bad. Way cheaper than a rebuild.
Thanks tencubed [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img], The truck has approx 103K on it and the lube was changed approx 40K ago. I will try Trashers idea first and then try changing the lube. When I change the lube Ill pull the cover and look for anything out of the ordinary. Then if necessary, Ill pull the clutch packs and go to work. I do all my own work so I do save on the labor costs, but if I dont have to do it. I save the labor too.

Old 05-02-2006, 12:03 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Originally posted by: rescuediver
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Choices some people make[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
The good news on this is the kid is he is some how still alive and my son and his buddy have been talking to him about changing his lifestyle and going back to church when/if he gets out of the hospital. The kids family is opposed to it but they dont think the kid does drugs either. They say the blood tests are wrong.
Hopefully having good friends[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and the LORD in his life will help him change things around[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-02-2006, 12:05 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mywifesquad so it can wait until then, or when it quits running.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I am shocked to read that from you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-02-2006, 12:08 AM
Quad Patrol

So how has everyone else been[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I went golfing five weekends in a row for free[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] I'm great[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Have to go to St. Louis this week until late Saturday night. Now that's not cool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
Sound great[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] and good to hear your doing great[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Ahh, catch a Cardinals game[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And while your at it, have a drink or two[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I am also sure there is a golf course nearby[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-02-2006, 12:10 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher Tossing a little mud fixes everything[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
You got that right!!!

Old 05-02-2006, 12:07 PM
Pro Rider

I went golfing five weekends in a row for free[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] I'm great[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Have to go to St. Louis this week until late Saturday night. Now that's not cool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
Sound great[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] and good to hear your doing great[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Ahh, catch a Cardinals game[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And while your at it, have a drink or two[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I am also sure there is a golf course nearby[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
This is a sales meeting so I can't drag the clubs out with me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 05-03-2006, 12:25 AM
Quad Patrol

This is a sales meeting so I can't drag the clubs out with me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
That's to bad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] maybe you can rent a set[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel