Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 01:05 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Morning all. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

MWQ how'd that truck look? Decide to pass on it?
Mornin B&RW![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I got it for $3700.00, It was very dirty but mechanically sound. I spent most of the weekend cleaning it to my wifes satisfaction. It was amazing but I didnt notice how truly dirty it was until i got it home. Mechanically,its pretty good but needs shocks and a steering stabilizer for sure.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:09 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

And the A/C doesnt work either, so Im going to have it checked out this week. Im headed to Pismo this weekend and I told the wife we could drive at nite to avoid the heat, but I also told her id try and get it fixed too.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fix it. A unhappy wife will make for a very long weekend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

(spoken like a true p whiped sole) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2006, 01:51 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: Trasher
Fix it. A unhappy wife will make for a very long weekend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

(spoken like a true p wiped sole) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Spoken from experience!?! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I was going to call you WISE trasher! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] LOL

Old 06-05-2006, 02:32 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
And the A/C doesnt work either, so Im going to have it checked out this week. Im headed to Pismo this weekend and I told the wife we could drive at nite to avoid the heat, but I also told her id try and get it fixed too.
Cool (on the newer truck).

Sucks on the A/C. Our F-450 lost the A/C Memorial Weekend. $900 later there's a new compressor in it.

The dealer loves us. $2000 for the ebrake, $900 for the compressor, and other trucks have been in for various things. One is in now for squeky suspension, and brakes that vibrate like hell (10:1 that's trashed rotors). So that's probably going to be $500-1000. Oh yeah, and a new front lic. plate bracket. Some idiot pulled up to close to an electric gate and it tore it off. Looks like they hit something to me. What's left of the bracket and the front air dam are pushed in. But who knows.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-05-2006, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

Brake rotors don't warp on their own. something got them too hot. probably stuck caliper pistons since it's a ford. Overloading and hard braking won't help out either.

The estimated 500 to repair will be a good down payment[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2006, 03:06 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

Cool (on the newer truck).

Sucks on the A/C. Our F-450 lost the A/C Memorial Weekend. $900 later there's a new compressor in it.

The dealer loves us. $2000 for the ebrake, $900 for the compressor, and other trucks have been in for various things. One is in now for squeky suspension, and brakes that vibrate like hell (10:1 that's trashed rotors). So that's probably going to be $500-1000. Oh yeah, and a new front lic. plate bracket. Some idiot pulled up to close to an electric gate and it tore it off. Looks like they hit something to me. What's left of the bracket and the front air dam are pushed in. But who knows.
It pulls stronger than my 5.0 did. LOL

Im hoping it just needs charging, but am doubtful it will be that simple.

Bummer! Mine is missing the front license plate mount.

Old 06-05-2006, 03:08 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Brake rotors don't warp on their own. something got them too hot. probably stuck caliper pistons since it's a ford. Overloading and hard braking won't help out either.

The estimated 500 to repair will be a good down payment[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Being company trucks, these trucks will get thrashed. This truck in particular was previously driven by the worst person for doing this. He was known to act like it was a 4x4 on job sites. And it's about time to start buying new trucks too. We've got a '98 with 170K, down to some '01 or '02 with about 70K. And these new trucks are so much nicer.

Old 06-05-2006, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

I'm sure he doesn't drive his own like that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2006, 05:42 PM
Air Cooled Rider

I'm sure he doesn't drive his own like that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
No clue if he does. He's got a lowered Chevy. Or used to. He left the company and to my knowledge is about the ONLY person that the boss would not rehire. He's talked some mad **** about the boss to his new employer who we do a lot of work with. He took several months under the guise of finishing a job out while he got all the pot out of his system before he left.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel