Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 11:40 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: Trasher
I just checked last week and noticed that 5 of them are due now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] What ticks me off is what we get for that money. How about another entry to Pismo that we can enter anytime and not have to watch the tide reports[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

We rode in Borrego Springs last week and I couldn't believe how the turds keep closing in the area. Pretty soon it will be all gone. New closed trail signs were posted on trails that were just open months ago[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Anyone ever ride at Pismo "back in the day"?? I was fully open and a fun place to ride. Now it's the size of a postage stamp with even more people riding there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] You really struck a cord here for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Anyone who likes to ride better wait up brother or the only thing place they will have to ride in will be their front yard
(if they haven't stopped that too)
Didn't mean to strike a cord with you Creator[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I understand what your saying. If you really want to check out a messed up state[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Check out this thread What is really going on in Michigan? I have to say, they are pretty screwed up!!

I hear they are trying to stop you from riding on your own property down south[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Is it San Bernadino or Riverside County????

Old 06-07-2006, 11:44 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: nedflanders there's always the Great White North!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Speaking of the Great White North[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] How's watching any hockey??? LOL! Carolina and Edmonton[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Come on, where's the real hockey teams at?? LOL! J/K

Old 06-07-2006, 11:46 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Originally posted by: nedflanders
I thot the same thing after I posted: not surprised on the tranny, but still surprised on the 460. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
True. I don't have much experience with them. Only knew one guy growing up whose dad had one. I tink the only problem was a leaky rear main seal. Which, if this had that, and she bled out... Bye bye motor.

The only thing I've heard that's been a problem with the 460 is the exhaust manifold bolts shearing off from the motor twisting from the torque. We had this happen. Coworker who had a '97 said that where he worked before they had a lot of 460s do that. And on his, his tranny went at 18K. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Three Letters[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-08-2006, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider

Woah! Had a busy day.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 06-08-2006, 08:39 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: Trasher
I just checked last week and noticed that 5 of them are due now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] What ticks me off is what we get for that money. How about another entry to Pismo that we can enter anytime and not have to watch the tide reports[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

We rode in Borrego Springs last week and I couldn't believe how the turds keep closing in the area. Pretty soon it will be all gone. New closed trail signs were posted on trails that were just open months ago[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Anyone ever ride at Pismo "back in the day"?? I was fully open and a fun place to ride. Now it's the size of a postage stamp with even more people riding there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] You really struck a cord here for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Anyone who likes to ride better wait up brother or the only thing place they will have to ride in will be their front yard
(if they haven't stopped that too)
I have been riding in ca since 1973 and for the last 5 years or so it seems like all my money is used to buy and put up fences. More and more fences!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 06-08-2006, 08:43 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: nedflanders

nice looking. seems odd the motor & tranny have been rebuilt at that mileage, as both are usually bullet-proof for Ford, especially the 460. with all that recent work, seems like a great deal.
The guy said at about 188K(30K ago) he got on the gas and the oil pressure dropped on the gauge. He said he pulled over and it was ticking lightly. The gauge went back up but it freaked him out and he had the engine replaced. The tranny I didnt get a story on, but it does have a shift kit in it now and bangs the shifts pretty hard.

Old 06-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: mywifesquad

Who you calling old[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL!!
I was talking about myself [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img], but feel free to add yourself any day now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Not that I want to[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]A But my kids remind how old I am almos tdaily[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Especially with my middle going into high school.
Won't be long and the oldest will be graduating HS too.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-08-2006, 12:11 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Didn't mean to strike a cord with you Creator[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I understand what your saying. If you really want to check out a messed up state[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Check out this thread What is really going on in Michigan? I have to say, they are pretty screwed up!!

I hear they are trying to stop you from riding on your own property down south[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Is it San Bernadino or Riverside County????
Both. Riverside I believe already did. And SB is trying to. Or vice versa, I could be wrong. I think I was wrong once before. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-08-2006, 12:21 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

Both. Riverside I believe already did. And SB is trying to. Or vice versa, I could be wrong. I think I was wrong once before. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I once thought I was wrong, but I was wrong about that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Mornin B&RW!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: nedflanders there's always the Great White North!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Speaking of the Great White North[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] How's watching any hockey??? LOL! Carolina and Edmonton[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Come on, where's the real hockey teams at?? LOL! J/K
just that you know Edmonton vs Carolina is the finals is very impressive. It's a bit more entertaining than years gone past, as they're calling most penalties now. i haven't had much time to watch. I was gonna sit down the other night, and my son wanted to play road hockey. he said, "C'mon, playing is way better than watching"... And I thot, I used to think the EXACT same thing when i was his age, so we just played road hockey instead.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel