Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 11:42 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Faith Hill is married to Tim McGraw (lucky bas....)
Shania Twain is married to Mutt Lang (yes, his name is Mutt). I'm not sure, but I think he's a drummer for Motley Crew. He's had a lot of influence over her career in case you wonder why she's so different than other country stars. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Have you tried one quad in the back of the truck?

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-03-2004, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mutt's his nickname, Jeff is his real name. He's a producer from Vancouver, but now they both live in Switzerland. They like it that way cuz it's one of the few places in the world where they have some anonymity. Although I heard something about them splitting up over the past year. But hey, I'm not a STALKER[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] . He used to produce/promote a couple of rock bands locally, and then you could say he hit it BIG!! I vaguely recall he may have been part of a smaller band at one time, like Aldo Nova (I don't think it was them, but someone like them, from that era). Doesn't matter cuz he's way more famous for being married to Shania.

Tim McGraw... that's it! I couldn't come up with his name for the life of me... but I knew it was another country star.

Okay, back to the topic. I can't go under the quad deck, as it has a frame built under it that slides inside the box. It may look like it rides on my frame rails in my pics, but with that weight, it would be too unstable and collapse the side rails. There's an actual sub-frame under the deck, complete with several gussetts welded in for rigidity. I still have about 2' of height to play with, so maybe if I disassembled and then re-assembled one of the quads.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-04-2004, 02:07 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

You sound like you know more about Mutt...I've only heard my brother talk about him...and it always has something to do with Shania.

My bad...I forgot you had a deck. I get people confused around here as to who has what.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-04-2004, 04:16 AM
Pro Rider

I have a couple of buddies that have been professional muscians for years, and knew Mutt in the pre-Shania days. He's from our city, Vancouver (or at least his career in the music scene started here), so we get to live vicariously through him. (or at least I do [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ).

Old 07-04-2004, 04:23 AM
Quad Patrol

[quote]
Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
Rescuediver .."i'd just like to fall in that barrell"... LMAO!! (sorry, can't figure out that quote thing).
now I have this drip and itch... no, that's not it![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] [quote]

Confused, first thing is, they do have shots that can take care of that drip thingy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Yeh, that Tim sure is a lucky son of a baseball pitcher[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I wasn't a stalker, but I did belong to Faith's fan club, until it did me squat to meet her or get better tickets to her concert. At the concert, I dropped my hunting binoculars looking at her. Good thing though, when I picked them up, I saw two of her[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Mutt, he has produced some big names, AC/DC comes to mind too. Now I hear bells again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Anyways, back to the topic; ATV's and Trucks. Confused, What size is the 5th quad you want to haul? Let me tell you where there is a will, there's a way. I have a rack similiar to yours, when I built it, I seriously thought of making it high enough to slide our 70 under. Well I didn't and wish I had. Now, if I want to load it below the deck, I need to take the wheels off and it will fit. Another way, is to build a rack on the back of your trailer, I also did that. I can fit the 70 on it and the Honda 5000 generator. Weight is about 375#s, not including the rack. Mounted it to the trailer frame with 3 grade A bolts on each side, been there for 3 years, never had a problem. I do check them (they are marked) just in case they move/loosen. The trailer tongue still falls about 12% of the trailer weight[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Third way is probably the best, you will need to build a rack that goes over the cab. That way, you can put all the atvs on the truck, put a bike rack on the back of the trailer for the bikes.
There is a guy I saw at Pismo, he lives around Fresno/Hanford. Maybe BlackandRed knows him? He has a chevy 2500 crew cab, pulls a 5th wheel. He built a rack that goes above his truck. Looks great, weighs a ton though, but he!!, you have a 1 ton dually. Even better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I might still have a picture I took of it. I still think about building one too. He can even take it apart. Bad part is, he uses a fork lift to load it on the truck. Like any good back yard engineer, he built it so, it will handle the task at hand, no question about that. It's tough[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-04-2004, 05:41 AM
Pro Rider

last quad is 250 lbs, Raptor 80. I like the idea of some kind of rear rack off trailer. To make frame of deck high enough to fit quad under, the angle to load and unload off the deck would be STEEP. Our deck is all aluminum. I've loaded it myself with sawhorses, but my wife and I do it all the time and it's maybe 250-lbs.

I'm not sure about adding to deck so I coud load one on the roof. I'd be pretty high with the quad on top. Plus heavier rack too.

I'd like to see some rear trailer bumper/atv rack ideas. I't be nice to have something I can fold up somehow, cuz i'm afraid it could bottom out in the one area where we go riding/camping. But it would also have to be strong enough to hold 300lbs, which makes me envision welding some gusstts or triangle pieces to make it not bounce and sag too much.

Old 07-04-2004, 06:00 AM
Quad Patrol

Confused, let me look and see if I can find the pictures of my rack. If I can, I'll post them for you. Lt. Dan

Old 07-04-2004, 06:11 AM
Quad Patrol

Confused, I look on the computer and couldn't find the picture. Sometime tomorrow or actually, later today, I'll find the disk from the digital camera and post the pictures for you. Lt. Dan

Old 07-04-2004, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider

thanks alot. this is a rear rack off the trailer bumper?does it sag?

Old 07-04-2004, 08:04 PM
Quad Patrol

Confused, It bolts right behind the rear bumper to the frame. No sag at all[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'll post those pictures as soon as the daughter finds the disk. Lt Dan

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel