Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 01:28 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Though I cant seem to get any better than 14 in the jeep. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Sometimes as low as 11mpg.
It's because the motor is spinning 4,000 RPM at 60MPH!

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 10-11-2005, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Though I cant seem to get any better than 14 in the jeep. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Sometimes as low as 11mpg.
It's because the motor is spinning 4,000 RPM at 60MPH!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

I have gotten 18 with it in fresno since the gears. that was a half tank of gas. bout 8 gallons. hehehe.

Old 10-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Quad Patrol

Sure you do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] You just posted how you raced a F250 6.0[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and blew it's doors off[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] You just race where ever you are at the time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] your foot gets heavy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
pshh. Not ANYWHERE, I do have my limits and safetys.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I would like to see more legalized racing. Get the idiots off the road. Well thats the idea anyways. lol.
Provide some weekend entertainment and a place to hangout. Itd be fun to watch. [/quote]

Problem with a track is LIABILITY and someone paying for it. There needs to be a governing body and safety limits put in place. Why pay for all that? Majority of your street racers wouldn't be interested in paying for the usage of a track. They can use a street and move around, so, law enforcement has to look for them? Majority of the time, they are found after an accident occurs.

Old 10-11-2005, 03:15 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Problem with a track is LIABILITY and someone paying for it. There needs to be a governing body and safety limits put in place. Why pay for all that? Majority of your street racers wouldn't be interested in paying for the usage of a track. They can use a street and move around, so, law enforcement has to look for them? Majority of the time, they are found after an accident occurs.
I remember a couple years back when an off-duty deputy was found at a street race that had a fetality, IIRC. That was a HUGE deal, as it should be. Not sure what ever happened to him. I think he was put on paid admin leave...

Have any places started putting together anything like that? How successful was it at getting the street racers off the street and on the track?

Old 10-11-2005, 03:24 PM
Air Cooled Rider

I know it's a little OT, and kinda deviates, but is somewhat topical. Anyone been watching the Delphi Bankruptcy? GM is so tied in with them, if Delphi tanks, GM will be right behind them because of the spin off in '99. The pension plan is underfunded by $5B. Yes kids, that's Five Billion Dollars! If they cut the workers salary/benefit package to $20/hr, they can save it. It's currently at $65/hr. OUCH.

Old 10-11-2005, 03:37 PM
Quad Patrol

I remember a couple years back when an off-duty deputy was found at a street race that had a fetality, IIRC. That was a HUGE deal, as it should be. Not sure what ever happened to him. I think he was put on paid admin leave...
Paid admistrative leave is standard procedure when involved in a investigation of this magnitude. I am sure the public doesn't know what really happened to him, seeing it's a personel issue which is confidential. Even though he was present[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] did he contribute to the death? That would be question that needed to be answered. Anyways................I never heard anything about it.

Have any places started putting together anything like that? How successful was it at getting the street racers off the street and on the track?[/quote]

I don't know of any is the immediate area. I know there is one up near Sacramento, and a few down south. Cost would be extremely high to start one and then, to get neighbors to accept it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] yea right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I think there would be more grudge matches just outside the track, then on the track. Remember, your street racers in part, do it because it is against the law[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and the adrenaline is better then drugs.

Old 10-11-2005, 03:38 PM
Quad Patrol

I know it's a little OT, and kinda deviates, but is somewhat topical. Anyone been watching the Delphi Bankruptcy? GM is so tied in with them, if Delphi tanks, GM will be right behind them because of the spin off in '99. The pension plan is underfunded by $5B. Yes kids, that's Five Billion Dollars! If they cut the workers salary/benefit package to $20/hr, they can save it. It's currently at $65/hr. OUCH.
I haven't been paying attention[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] not only on this, but a lot of things in general[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Haven't had the t.v. on in DAYS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Only read part of the paper. Doesn't sound good, anyway you look at it.

Old 10-11-2005, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah. I know what youre saying.
Famoso is our closest track. An hour and a half from fresno.
Famoso

Still if we had a smaller 1/8th track or somthing out here in the fresno/madera area i think it would get alot of people off the streets. And alot of business. I know alot of people that would be there every weekend. Id be out there once a month just to watch probably.

Old 10-11-2005, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

Skinner, don't worry about being Off Topic...this thread wouldn't be alive if we didn't talk about everything under the sun. However, I'm with Rescue...I don't watch the news much. Hell, I didn't even know there was an earthquake in Indian, until today. I look at the headlines on internet news pages, but that's only if I have time.

Oh, I winterized the fiver last night...it's getting cold. It snowed last week.

Old 10-11-2005, 04:35 PM
Quad Patrol

Yeah. I know what youre saying.
Famoso is our closest track. An hour and a half from fresno.
Famoso

Still if we had a smaller 1/8th track or somthing out here in the fresno/madera area i think it would get alot of people off the streets. And alot of business. I know alot of people that would be there every weekend. Id be out there once a month just to watch probably.
I'm not saying people wouldn't use it. I just don't think enough would use it, to where it would even pay for the insurance to keep the place open. And then, when the patrons it was really started[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] for saw how much they would need to pay[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] they would go down the street and do their only racing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] which would bring complaints from the property owners in the area and eventually lead to the demise of the track.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel