Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 06:08 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: Whitewater
Weatherman must have been full of $hit. It looks like it's going to snow / rain, but the temp is almost 60. Not going to snow at that temp.

Our pastures are starting to yellow. They will look dead until late spring.
They just get paid to guess[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

We are the opposite of you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] In the winter, our fields turn green and in the summer they turn to golden brown[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] commonly referred to as dead grass[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 11-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: rescuediver
It just might be a mental hurdle to overcome[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] They say in Riverside county they are already doing it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] the only difference is, they allow mother nature to clean out the impurities[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] by putting it into the aquafer [sp] and pumping it back out as drinking water.
Fresno's been doing this for years with "Leaky Acres" near the airport for surface water from the San Joaquin. It just takes a wile to perculate down. And they can only do it in specific areas because of soil type. People tweaked out when Clovis filled in and sold off their perculation land and then sought other land. Here's what people don't realise, the perculation area was recharging FRESNO's water table. The water flows under Clovis first "downhill" to Fresno. It made no sense to spend the money to recharge Fresno's water table. So they moved on to the SWTP.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 11-08-2005, 08:32 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Weatherman must have been full of $hit. It looks like it's going to snow / rain, but the temp is almost 60. Not going to snow at that temp.

We are the opposite of you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] In the winter, our fields turn green and in the summer they turn to golden brown[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] commonly referred to as dead grass[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Or more comonly known as "A fire waiting to happen" ...ala some @sshat tossing a cigerate out the window... Talking of fire, the local fire season seemed pretty mild.

Old 11-09-2005, 02:38 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

Or more comonly known as "A fire waiting to happen" ...ala some @sshat tossing a cigerate out the window... Talking of fire, the local fire season seemed pretty mild.
Yea, in my career, I didn't get to cite enough of those people[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] Yes it was, we didn't have any real raging fires that took a lot of homes. Ususally have a really good one or two thanks to the Santa Ana winds (I think that's what it's called)

Old 11-09-2005, 12:34 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Yea, in my career, I didn't get to cite enough of those people[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] Yes it was, we didn't have any real raging fires that took a lot of homes. Ususally have a really good one or two thanks to the Santa Ana winds (I think that's what it's called)
I was talking up here. There was a pretty nasty Santa Ana Winds fire near Chattsworth, but it didn't damage too many houses, buildings, etc. Just was a fast mover. And you got the name right. Hot, dry desert air goes rushing off-shore (out to sea) from the high desert. Might as well run around with a heat gun pointed at the bushes.

Old 11-10-2005, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider

weeee. Jeep went to teh shop today to get some work done.
Got a new to the jeep steering box installed thats been sitting in the garage for 2 months. Only has a third of the miles the original one has. So the steering is tight now.
Got some AC issues fixxed. Including a new compressor clutch. So i have Cold ac now..Er should i say the parents have cold ac, since i never use it. haha.

AND THE BIGGEST ONE OF ALL!!
The front pinion seal replaced. NOW I SEE WHY EVERYONE HATES 4 WHEEL PARTS. GOOD LORD THAT PLACE SUCKS.
They put the wrong pinion seal in the front diff TWICE... need i say more?

Anyways this guy rocks. Cheap prices and he knows what hes doing. The jeep was in there for less than a day. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2005, 03:05 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Glad to hear you're getting things fixed up. Just Empty Every Pocket. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

One more day of work and then I'm off to Ft. Ord for the weekend. Seems that since I'm the one with the truck they've decided they want me to carry a bunch of stuff. At first I was asked about taking some rifles, which I was cool with. When we get somewhere, if it's just a few, it's not hard to toss those in the front seat. Now I'm hearing the leader wants me to take a trash can... A FLIPPIN TRASH CAN! WTF! I've got bags (Pismo trash bags) in the truck. I ain't hauling no trash can!

Old 11-10-2005, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider

Don' you have one of those collapsible ones?? I picked one up at Camping World for like $8... unless of course he's got other plans for the trash can than collecting trash?? haha[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2005, 06:06 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: QuadKaryn
Don' you have one of those collapsible ones?? I picked one up at Camping World for like $8... unless of course he's got other plans for the trash can than collecting trash?? haha[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Nope. I just use you fancy toy hauler people's collapsable trash cans. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] We don't have a camping world here I don't think. There's a big place over on the west side that's an indoor RV showroom with a lot of camping stuff. I wish they'd open an REI, Cabella's (that's a possibility right now), etc.

Old 11-11-2005, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

Howdy,

I'm away on bidness again, but wanted to say hello.

Skinner, I'll stop at REI and Cabella's for you.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel