Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Sorry OFC- I couldn't help myself[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-21-2005, 05:10 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

LOL. Its OK really. But your ***** or another mans ***** are not big enough for me to want te play with. Hell our Bulls ***** are even to small [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Elephants got some big ***** [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-21-2005, 05:13 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

You know speakin of elephant *****. im still traumatized by the time i seen that GREAT BIG elephant wanger Penetrate that poor gal at the zoo when i was a child. its about like tuffin a 5 gallon bucket in there. makes me feel a lil inadequate at times [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-21-2005, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

Heres a quote from another board that im on from an ex master tech. Just thought it was interesting..

Nothing short of physically hitting it with something, or hitting something with it should damage it. (other than wearing out tires, brakes, warping rotors) You should be able to take any car on the lot and hold it at WOT until it runs out of gas and not cause any engine damage.

One of the running performace diagnostic tests on a powerstroke diesel is called a oil aereation test. The PCED (powertrain control and emmoisions diagnosis) manual tells you to monitor the ICP (injection control pressure) on a scan tool while you hold the engine at wide open throttle (sitting still in park) for a period of 180 seconds (3 minutes). Image the hell a bystander would think that a tech was giving it if he happened to causually witness that. I used to get a lot of funny looks from customers.

Old 04-21-2005, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

too funny[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-21-2005, 11:10 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Imaging an enviro-**** Sierra Club member standing outside the service bay considering how much some of the chipped diesels smoke sometimes.....

That would be quite a racket to hear I bet. I know I'd look at the tech and ask him WTF he was doing to my truck.

My Daewoo used to be governed to 3500RPM when in park. I didn't know until my cousin's husband (Saturn tech.) told me about the governers on AT cars in park. So, of course, I had to try it out. And yup, as the tach hit 3500 the motor started cutting out. But considering I'm not sure the 7.3s are even rated to rev that high...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 04-22-2005, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider

Funny but true story: Years ago I was turning wrenches at a dealership and I was the only one that worked on the world famous GM 5.7 oil burner. I had one that had a rough idle issue. I tried everything to fix this pig. I rebuilt the injection pump twice, tested the injectors, matched them with pressure and spray patterns, timed it , replaced this or that as per the factory rep and nothing helped it. This was over the course of a couple of weeks.

One day I have had enough of this fun and decided to blow that sucker up![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Took it on the freeway and locked it in a lower gear and drive the Cr@p out of it for miles, revving it to the moon (or governor). On the streets I keep it in 1st and did the same thing.

One block before turning into the service area, I came up to a stop sign and noticed it was running smoothly. I drive to around some more (normally this time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ) and sure enough to was idling great![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

The service manager came back and was commmenting how great it was running and wanted to know what I did to fix it. I told him I tried to blow it up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] but he kept on asking me what I did[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] He never believed me when I told him that's what I did.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-22-2005, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider

That reminds me of another story:

That fine engine also had a minor problem in '82. The throttle inside the injector pump would stick wide open[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Had one that the tow truck dropped behind my stall. I when inside and fired it up to see what's up wit it. That engine when full throttle and stayed there. Turned it off and pulled the keys and it still kept running.

I had to run about 20 yards top get some pliers, raise the hood and pinch off the fuel return line to make it stop. I couldn't believe that thing didn't blow up. It was really singin[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-22-2005, 03:41 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Creator...sounds like it was dieseling. ok ok ok ... bad I know. Thank you. You can catch my act here during normal waking hours (subject to change without notice).

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 04-22-2005, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

Better stick to your normal daytime job[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel