Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: dancingqueen
LOL... good job! I dont wheelie unless its not on purpose [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] (which seems to happen a lot now) I usually dont use the brake...I just let off the gas.
Yeah. That works the best.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Till the time i put it on the grab bar and didnt think about grabbing the clutch. Went for about 20ft like that before it stalled.. . [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 09-12-2005, 01:40 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
You guys know the PSD speedo resets after 105?? Interesting. It flips back to 0...

Somewhere, a Prelude owner is wonderiing how a diesle truck owned him.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Edit: and no, that wasnt me that found that out. ahah
LOL! Never had mine up past 90[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] However, that was pulling a travel trailer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-12-2005, 01:43 AM
Quad Patrol

I don't do any wheelies myself. I have a hard enough time holding on when it's on four wheels[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-12-2005, 04:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what an awesome poker ride today! i won a little chief smoker! can't wait to smoke some salmon. also got a krptonite wire rope for chaining up the toys. 10 y/o got a mag-lite, but not the cop edition yer used to MD (you know, the one that ya load with 50lbs of batteries before swinging it across the skull of some POS who deserves it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] ).

Old 09-12-2005, 08:12 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: rescuediver

Are you paying Juan to hook up his mother's van[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] to the machine as he punches in your vin number[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]J/K

Where you live they are not as stricted as here in town. Living 5 mile on either side of 99 makes passing smog harder[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
No, his name is Jauquine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] We dont have to pass the Dyno test here yet. The K&N was bought during the 18 mos that it was CARB approved and no one has ever said anything about the glass pack. The Jacobs Ignition is also CARB approved. And I did have to have my throttle body cleaned to get it to pass this year.

Old 09-12-2005, 10:50 AM
Pro Rider

Good Morning! Well, the weekend was a blast! We rode 65-70 miles on Saturday. Oh, and the best part was...drum roll please...I didn't see anyone! We were the only people on the trail. However, the road was washed out and I got the man truck stuck, before we unloaded.

Confused, you asked where the trail was: If you go back and look at the link I posted, there is a picture of mountain bike handle bars...see the trail in front of it? Well, that's what a lot of the trail looked like. It was very challenging in certain area's. It's diverse; sand, rocks, river beds, slick rock, ledges, etc. The big thing to protect is microbiotic soil, and preventing increased erosion. We saw 4 or 5 huge arches along the way, with hundreds of buttes and mesa's. Luckily, I can see the tops of these formations from my house. There are also, pictograph's, old cowboy signatures, and old spanish rock cairns and writings (the spanairds came through the area in the mid 1700's).

Road trip to UTAH!

Old 09-12-2005, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider

Good mornin Hoss[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Man that ridin looks unreal. I love that type of terrain, esp the rocks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] If you look closely to the pics, I can make out some of the trail.
So, what's the deal? You ride to one end and then come back the same way. Is there riding area in the middle of certain sections?

"The big thing to protect is microbiotic soil, and preventing increased erosion. We saw 4 or 5 huge arches along the way, with hundreds of buttes and mesa's."

Your impressing us with those fancy, six dollar terms again like "microbiotic". Maybe DQ and school boy will start typin like that soon with all their extended education that they are spending quad money on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Good to see that you saw hundreds of buttes also[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-12-2005, 01:06 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
No, his name is Jauquine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] We dont have to pass the Dyno test here yet. The K&N was bought during the 18 mos that it was CARB approved and no one has ever said anything about the glass pack. The Jacobs Ignition is also CARB approved. And I did have to have my throttle body cleaned to get it to pass this year.
CARB (and by extension the smog techs) don't care about anything past the Cats. Nothing past that point will change the emissions anyways. Hell, you could hack off your exhaust after the Cat and it could still hypothetically pass smog. Only the "Boys in Blue" (or beige, etc.) care.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 09-12-2005, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

It was a loop. There are several different "legal" ways through the San Rafael Swell. There are also several "illegal" ways through the swell, too. Of course, "I" would never take "those" trails. Unfortunately, I'm sure there are a few that do.

Oh, and I prefer the small buttes the best.

Old 09-12-2005, 07:29 PM
Royalty Rider

Originally posted by: Trasher
Your impressing us with those fancy, six dollar terms again like "microbiotic". Maybe DQ and school boy will start typin like that soon with all their extended education that they are spending quad money on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
LMAO... I like to use words like "Stoopid" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But I do hope my education pays off.
On another note, I did just spend $120 on new bling for the bike.

So Hoss, you take any pics on your trail ride?

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel